KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who is the most overrated comic book character in all of comics?

Who is the most overrated comic book character in all of comics?
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Re Wolvie: When he's written overpowered it's stupid and boring. The way he roughed up Namor in New Invaders made me want to put the book down. I didn't so much mind him stabbing Thanos in that it was totally ineffective, although it shows the general misunderstanding of how much force Logan should be able to put behind his claws. There unbreakable and quite sharp, but he still needs enough force to break an object's surface tension, which for Thanos, the Hulk, or other such creatures is far more than he should really be able to exert. Really, anything that can stop an AP rifle round ought to be claw-proof unless there's a super-strong arm behind it.

Bone-claw feral Logan was profoundly bad. Dark Pheonix saga through the Austrailia period was perfect.

For most overrated though, I'll take Professor X. Far all they yammer on about how powerful he is, he's hardly ever able to accomplish anything significant. There's always some plot device or another holding him back. I wouldn't mind that so much, since every story ending with "and then Charles mind controls the bad guy" would be lame, except that they're constantly hyping how big and powerful he is.

In both cases, less would be more.

I agree, he shouldn't be able to pierce the hulk.

X is overrated, because he has a great power, but he never uses it, no comic sales for him in a book.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:44 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Perhaps not overrated exactly, but overburdenned with contrivance. Despite being filthy rich, and having Forge and Tony Stark's cell-phone numbers he still cant get ahold of a set of powered leg braces to let him walk when he needs to. He's the posterboy for plot induced stupidity, to the point where I have a hard time taking him seriously.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:00 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Perhaps not overrated exactly, but overburdenned with contrivance. Despite being filthy rich, and having Forge and Tony Stark's cell-phone numbers he still cant get ahold of a set of powered leg braces to let him walk when he needs to. He's the posterboy for plot induced stupidity, to the point where I have a hard time taking him seriously.

Yea, the irony...

Like him being pushed down the stairs?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:10 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BstrdMan
Because Mentok wills it!

I'd say Wolverine, really. Cool character, and all.. but on 3 different teams, plus extram comics, plus so much deus ex machina it's not even silly..

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:40 AM
BstrdMan is currently offline Click here to Send BstrdMan a Private Message Find more posts by BstrdMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by BstrdMan
I'd say Wolverine, really. Cool character, and all.. but on 3 different teams, plus extram comics, plus so much deus ex machina it's not even silly..

Well the sad truth is that he's overexposed, because the comics will sell without his prescence, so you gotta take the good with the bad...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:52 AM
Creshosk

How many books is he currently in that are ongoing though?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:01 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

I think that Gladiator is OVERRATED everyone treats him like hes thr Fu**in' second comin of christ.Anyone who knows anything knows that hes no match for supes, yet people will argue their arses off. He loses to anyone with a decent amount if power, yet people still jock him because hes MARVEL.......

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:13 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Superman. The above post is a good example of what I mean.

Last edited by I-Drop on Aug 26th, 2005 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:23 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BstrdMan
Because Mentok wills it!

Originally posted by brainchild81
Superman. The above post is a good example of what I mean.

Touché

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:02 AM
BstrdMan is currently offline Click here to Send BstrdMan a Private Message Find more posts by BstrdMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Creshosk
How many books is he currently in that are ongoing though?
I know at one time there were 8 titles...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:26 AM
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Bardock you have a new sig its better smile

thanks

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:06 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by King KAM
I think that Gladiator is OVERRATED everyone treats him like hes thr Fu**in' second comin of christ.Anyone who knows anything knows that hes no match for supes, yet people will argue their arses off. He loses to anyone with a decent amount if power, yet people still jock him because hes MARVEL.......

Gladiator has one of the worst, all encompassing excuses for low showings: his confidence. Plus he isn't realy a major character, and so is often used as a punching bag. When Marvel puts him in a good light? He beats Ego and Thor with enhanced speed. And he contains supernovas and flies around 100x lightspeed.

Superman is one of the unholy fanboy characters... Because so many people consider the fact that Gladiator can beat him at his own game ludicrous. FB Superman's powers include speed to the point of omnipresence, instant kills or KO's with his godly strength, heat vision in the trillions of degrees, and invulnerability to everything. Even kryptonite, when he concentrates on it.

The other 3 are, of course, FB Batman, FB Wolverine and FB Spiderman (joint emperors of the unholy regime) Storm, Hulk, and Thing are up there as well.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:30 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Any xmen character is pure evil...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:52 AM
golem370

Batman,Superman and Deathstroke

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:23 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Wrong forum.

Moving

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 07:54 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Hulk is pretty over rated but seriously you gotta understand that alot of people have the potential to beat him or does not need it at all.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 11:11 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Wolverine and Spider-Man.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 11:26 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Richrf

Batman is pretty overated

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:28 PM
Richrf is currently offline Click here to Send Richrf a Private Message Find more posts by Richrf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Wolverine and batman, sometimes hulk and supes...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:15 PM
Fanboy

Spider Man,Wolverine,Silver Surfer ,Thor.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:28 PM