KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Battle of the Dark Lords

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Morgoth 25 58.14%
Sauron 6 13.95%
Voldemort 4 9.30%
Darth Vader 2 4.65%
Darth Sidious 6 13.95%
Total: 43 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Dark Lords
Started by: Some_Black_Guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Some_Black_Guy

Battle of the Dark Lords

If Morgoth, Sauron, Voldemort, Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious were pitted against each other who do you think would win? I say Voldemort because he's intelligent, powerful, and willing to do anything to escape death, hence the French name Vol de mort(flight from death).

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 05:36 PM
Some_Black_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Some_Black_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Some_Black_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Battle of the Dark Lords

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Some_Black_Guy
If Morgoth, Sauron, Voldemort, Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious were pitted against each other who do you think would win? I say Voldemort because he's intelligent, powerful, and willing to do anything to escape death, hence the French name Vol de mort(flight from death).

Erm... all of the Dark Lords you mentioned meet the same criteria. In fact, in pure 'intelligence', Darth Sidious exceeds Voldemort by far. I'm not saying Voldemort is stupid (he's very clever), but he's not in league with a Sith Lord who fooled an entire galaxy and the Jedi Order.

In the end, Voldemort 'might' win simply because of the Avada Kedavra curse. But Sauron is invincible, should the ring remain on his finger.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 03:10 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

lol Sauron be able to beat Morgoth??????? LOL go read a BOOK

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 03:26 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have. Simarillion, I believe. Morgoth was once Sauron's master. But y'know, there's a reason he no longer is. wink

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 03:33 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Darth Sidious evil face

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 01:25 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Morgoth, duh

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 07:10 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

Stupid question. Morgoth. More powerful. God. End of thesis.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 07:29 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Originally posted by Escape81
But y'know, there's a reason he no longer is. wink

Hmmmm.....i wouldnt really say that. Have you heard the prohecy of the Final Battle? I might be getting confused here but do you think he died? There is no point me going on about the prophecy if you know he didnt diesmile

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 11:03 AM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sauron. And as I recalled Sauron was the reason Morgoth became such a threat to the elves during the War of the Jewels. Sauron was left in charge to do Morgoth's work but of course Sauron was defeated by Huan and Morgoth was defeated in the War of Wrath.
Sauron made a come back in the second age and was the sole reason the Numenor's home given to the Valar was whipped out. You may say that Morgoth was stronger due to the fact that the Valar defeated him but by the second age the elves were a lot stronger in number and strength then they were in the first age. But Morgoth's will would not have been enough to destroy the One Ring. Sauron was the greatest enemy Middle-Earth ever had to face.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 09:10 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

Originally posted by fini
lol Sauron be able to beat Morgoth??????? LOL go read a BOOK
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

well said LMAO!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:41 PM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Belegūr the Morgož, (in Qu., Melkórė Morińotto), would clearly defeat each of the above, since he is the epititamy of evil in the works of Tolkien, equal in some respects to the Hebraic ha•šatan, (changed to the Modern > Satan). In several earlier works, (and in at least one later one), references are made to the apocalyptic events of the Dagor Dagorath, (the *"Battle of Battles"), in which Morgož would return to bring about the end of the World - and then would Eru, (equal to the Hebraic Yahweh/Yahu/Yo), show each being his purpose, and bring harmony.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 12:05 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

Who would be stupid enought to comapre Sauron vs Morgoth?
Morgoth was defeated by the war of wrath, which is understandable because HE FACED ALL THE OTHER VALARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saauron was defeated by a DOG!!!!! Wouaf!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 02:40 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Covert22

Originally posted by DanielLB
Hmmmm.....i wouldnt really say that. Have you heard the prohecy of the Final Battle? I might be getting confused here but do you think he died? There is no point me going on about the prophecy if you know he didnt diesmile

disagree, we are talking in duelistic terms and thus Morgoth could crush Sauron under a single toe.

furthermore Saurons great wars of the ring in both cases were minor wars compared to the destruction caused by the war of wrath...

in the war of wrath middle earth itself lost huge sections of it's continent to battle... this makes sauron look like a 12 year old with a cap gun.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 07:38 PM
Covert22 is currently offline Click here to Send Covert22 a Private Message Find more posts by Covert22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Covert22

Originally posted by Escape81
I have. Simarillion, I believe. Morgoth was once Sauron's master. But y'know, there's a reason he no longer is. wink

The reason would be that to defeat Morgoth it took the entire company of Valar along with a great host of militarized elves imbued with the power of valinor...

comparing Sauron to Morgoth is like comparing a kitten to a T-90

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 07:41 PM
Covert22 is currently offline Click here to Send Covert22 a Private Message Find more posts by Covert22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Originally posted by Covert22
disagree, we are talking in duelistic terms and thus Morgoth could crush Sauron under a single toe.

furthermore Saurons great wars of the ring in both cases were minor wars compared to the destruction caused by the war of wrath...

in the war of wrath middle earth itself lost huge sections of it's continent to battle... this makes sauron look like a 12 year old with a cap gun.

I know, and i agree Morgoth could beat Suaron hands behind his back blindfolded. I was just saying that he isnt dead!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 09:16 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Actually now I say Morgoth would defeat Sauron for a very good reason.
Morgoth was a Vala
Sauron was a Maia.
Vala>Maia.
Need I say more?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 09:54 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Celestailbig grin You can some it up in two words! *applauds!*

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:30 PM
Mandos
Why would I want more?

I ALREADY SUMMED IT UP 3 TIMES BEFORE!!!!!! HAS ANYONE READ WHAT I'VE SAID???????? mad

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:19 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Covert22

I guess you have no clue what Morgoth and Sauron made their wars for.
Morgoth wanted to destroy Middle-Earth and everyone living in it.
Sauron wanted to rule Middle-Earth and everyone living in it.

Destroy and Rule are 2 big differences so don't compare their wars with one another.

Last edited by ESB -1138 on Nov 2nd, 2005 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:43 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Actually I must rethink this match between Morgoth and Sauron.
Morgoth's powers were said to be most like those of Aulė, though on a scale more in compare with those of Manwė, though he is said to have expertise in at least a portion of the specialties of all the Ainur. He was the first to think of hot and cold. He was also a sorcerer of dreadful power. Whenever his enemies were around him, they would be caught in a stranglehold of fear. He was able to corrupt things, and even pour his malice into existence itself. His powers were greatly lessened as he spent more and more of himself causing corruption and horrors, eventually relying entirely on his servants. Ultimately, he ended up no more powerful than Sauron, being even overtaken by Ungoliant and having to be rescued by his Balrogs from her webs of darkness.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 09:26 PM