KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney: Fight #2

Street Tourney: Fight #2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Just a point of clarification...

I would assume that the (running) speed is rather neglgible, because one has 85Mph for sure, and another has a guy who is 5-10 Ton Strength (Leto) and has also been known to go fast. Agility and reflex time (as well as any other tactics) might be very different, but both have relatively strong and fast guys, so that if they squared off in a foot race it would be rather close...that's my estimation of the situation at least.

But good fight, both of you...I knew this would be one of the better ones.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I'm having the same dilemna as Nataku here, though I don't see the speeds being as close as everyone else seems to. That might be the only thing that makes a difference, since they are basically stalemated in all the other areas. I think I'll wait a while longer to vote though, I'm diggin the arguments.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:48 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Leto runs fast enough on sand that his feet begin to burn. His skin also withstood a flamethrower for a second or two

Was this guy bare footed when he was running through the sand? If he was, then that would explain the burning sensation.

quote:
If it gets into the mountain passes, NO ONE does stealth like Drizzt Do'Urden. You'll just end up suddenly inside a globe of impenetrable darkness, then hacked up by magic scimitars or blown to bits by optic blasts from close range.

Stealth? How can you stealth yourself from me when your ruby visor oozes out trace amounts of energy that my headgear can track? Your ruby visor and optic energy only serves as a bullseye for me.

Your gonna engage me in close quarter combat? Let's see you try! My Amaglam is also a Master Swordsman, has nigh hard skin, and tough Mojo World body armor. Add my speed and agility to that, along with the fighting experiences from all 3 of my amaglams, and you've got yourself one sorry dead dune elf.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:15 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Question for the competators: Which is the primary mind in each of your amalgams? I'm trying to evaluate to whom I should give the edge in tactical execution. I'm impressed by your ideas, but am unsure as to wich of these cats could better pull off what you're attempting.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Sep 11th, 2005 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:16 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Shatterstar is the main mind in control of my amaglam, but don't we have all the relative knowledge and experiences of all our characters?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:20 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Shatterstar has tons of combat experience due to the tons of arena battles he had on Mojo World. Add that to the fact he served under Cable during his time with X-force who lead the team with a militaristic type of authority, and Milos Masaryk and Thunderbolt also served with military forces, it's safe to say, my character will have a militaristic type of execution and tactical advantage.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:25 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
Shatterstar is the main mind in control of my amaglam, but don't we have all the relative knowledge and experiences of all our characters?

Yes, but the mind in charge is the one that chooses tactics, decided whether to go for the kill or just disablement, etc.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:28 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Khellendros
Yes, but the mind in charge is the one that chooses tactics, decided whether to go for the kill or just disablement, etc.

Shatterstar will most likely go for the kill.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:31 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Edit: Wrong thread XD

This forum sucks.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:31 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

I think Dizzle might be saying that while you're inside the black globe you can't "see out", no matter how much light is emitted from the visor, unless you jump out of the globe. From what I understand anyway, I don't know.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:03 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

So you've got your scimitars, and a globe of darkness spell, and optic blasts similar to mine. Hmmmm... Were kinda the same, only I have a bit of a strength advantage and fighting experience, and you may have slightly better agility(most likely the same), you have no other ways of beating me. I've got you tied in the close quarter combat, then again I have quite a bit of fighting experience on you, then our speed according to Digi is quite similar, but and you have that nifty ruby visor for your optic blast... Again a bullseye for me since it gives trace amounts of energy off no matter what which my headgear can track and you can't turn it off no matter what... I also have throwing blades and shurikens which I can also toss at you with little or no effort, and hit my target 7 maybe 8 times out of 10.

I'm sorry Dizzle... It's been real... But I think you know your outmatched here... Don't worry you did a good job. thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:08 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by K Von Doom
I think Dizzle might be saying that while you're inside the black globe you can't "see out", no matter how much light is emitted from the visor, unless you jump out of the globe. From what I understand anyway, I don't know.

Doesn't matter. My laser guided E-beams will lock on to the energy signatures and frequencies on Emperor's visor, thus removing his head and pretty much his upper torso off his body.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:10 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Sentry
Doesn't matter. My laser guided E-beams will lock on to the energy signatures and frequencies on Emperor's visor, thus removing his head and pretty much his upper torso off his body.

Okay, I'm not debating for Dizzle, Sentry, I'm just asking questions k. :-)

Isn't "laser" based on light? While in the globe = no light = it won't work.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:23 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zachrivard
Kratos

my vote goes to sentry
sentry has a better arguement and better fire power

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:29 AM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

My vote is for Dizzle. In all other categories combined they stalemate, but I really do see Dizzle as being the much faster one.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:57 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the globe of darkness. I know a thing or two about Drizzt so let me try to dispel the questions. (Please note: not taking sides here, just trying to clarify).

1. Yes, it's darkness. Drow elves can switch to the infrared spectrum to see in darkness (including the globes presumably), so at least certain energy signatures can be perceived through it.
2. Drizzt can place globes at will, and I actually thought he could 'attach' it to a person or object so the globe followed them around...but either way he could keep his enemy in darkness almost the whole time because there's not really a limit to how many he can create.
3. The laser, being light, might not give off light in the globe, but the globe wouldn't suck it into nothingness...it has never displayed such ability, and so we can't assume that a laser wouldn't work inside a globe.
4. The above comments would seem to slightly favor Sentry being able to pick up energy signatures, but his actual vision would be impeded severely, so both participants have certain valid points regarding the strategic purpose and worth of the globes.

Hope that helps.

-DM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:18 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

SKILL: Drizzt is really a blademaster among blademasters. The drow in Menzoberranzan live somewhere between 500 and 600 years. It's a warrior city, the ones who specialize in blades use them every day for all 500 of those years. Drizzt has engaged several seasoned drow at a time before. He is pretty much accepted as the best swordsman of them, by far. Leto was brought up a soldier. Trained by Fremen, who in Dune, are the best soldiers there are. Cuz they beat the crap out of Sardukar. He is also very intelligent because A: He was consciously thinking before birth, due to the spice. and B: Herbert incorporated human evolution into Dune. Everyone is faster, smarter, stronger and overall better than pretty much anyone on our world today. Leto is smart, even for them. (hey, he is the God Emperor...) Cyclops beat Wovlerine h2h, and was an original member of the X Men. He has PLENTY of experience.

SPEED: The burning Leto felt on his feet is significant because his skin, a couple pages later, withstood a flamethrower. I dunno about you, but even running barfoot, I can't create a whole lot of heat just by running. (they'll hurt from stepping on stuff, but that's beside the point) Leto creates more heat than fire. That's a LOT of friction. Furthermore, Leto's first attempt at walking after taking the skin sent him sprawling 10 meters forward. Before mastering walking, he crawled. It says "With only a few swimming motions, he traversed 50 meters of sand". That's a couple of seconds, tops. Crawling. His normal (human) full out sprint took "the lightest flexing of muscles". When he puts effort into running, he burns his feet. Plus you can't just chase me, cuz you're constantly getting pushed towards the edge of a cliff by concussive blasts. (you have to be within 25 yards for yours to work)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:30 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
There seems to be a lot of confusion about the globe of darkness. I know a thing or two about Drizzt so let me try to dispel the questions. (Please note: not taking sides here, just trying to clarify).

1. Yes, it's darkness. Drow elves can switch to the infrared spectrum to see in darkness (including the globes presumably), so at least certain energy signatures can be perceived through it.
2. Drizzt can place globes at will, and I actually thought he could 'attach' it to a person or object so the globe followed them around...but either way he could keep his enemy in darkness almost the whole time because there's not really a limit to how many he can create.
3. The laser, being light, might not give off light in the globe, but the globe wouldn't suck it into nothingness...it has never displayed such ability, and so we can't assume that a laser wouldn't work inside a globe.
4. The above comments would seem to slightly favor Sentry being able to pick up energy signatures, but his actual vision would be impeded severely, so both participants have certain valid points regarding the strategic purpose and worth of the globes.

Hope that helps.

-DM

One minor thing, infravision is blocked by the globes. Sentry's sensors won't be seeing through them, but stuff like energy rays should work just fine.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:33 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Ok, back to my advantages.

STRENGTH: While you posess a slight advantage here, Leto's actually closer to the 10 mark. His vertical leap is just as good as Spiderman's. (15 meters) He has smashed through a stone water containment thing (quanat) and then proceeded to kill several Fremen who tried to stop him with his bare hands. A Fremen guide tried to kill Leto by summoning a worm. Leto jumps at the guy, grabs his neck, and snaps it with one hand, before the guy can really react. You may have a little advantage, but nothing that superior speed and skill won't compensate for.

DURABILITY: Shurikens and knives won't do anything to me. Drizzt's chainmail was made by a master dwarven smith. Highest quality, very little weight. Mithril rules. Leto has also taken several thrown knives from close range. And a flamethrower. You can hit me with 7, or 8, or 20. They'll bounce off. The only thing that's vulnerable is the visor and the bracers. You have not the skill or speed to hit either. If you did, you'd be majorly breaking rules.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:39 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Oops, quote instead of edit. I only added this to "SKILL"

"Also if it comes down to a swordfight, only one of your guys even has experience with swords. And he is no match for Drizzt Do'Urden. You may have a slight advantage in army tactics, but this isn't the army, now is it?"

To wrap up the essay session, my main mind is Leto. He kills anything and everyone who gets in the way of the Golden Path. He is simply above the likes of you puny "humans". (sarcasm, btw. Look it up, along with "subtlety" when trying to make fun of my name)

Oh, and if you're gonna go for the title thing, try not to name yourself after a schizo. Just some advice. (Sentry... These ARE the voices in your head. We want your soul! Ooooooooh )

Last edited by Dizzle on Sep 12th, 2005 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:41 AM