KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney: Fight #2

Street Tourney: Fight #2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm gonna go Sentry. From both sides it looks like this is getting down and dirty close range combat. Drizzle's lack of a healing factor really hurts him here plus I think they are close enough everywhere else except strength to go ahead and give it to Sentry.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:28 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
What the f**k?

laughing out loud

What he's saying is the armor has a plus 5 enchantment for the defender, and the twinkle has a plus three advantage, which goes into saving throws, damage calculation etc.

The armor is plus 4, and goes into saving throws also, its very lightweight 7lbs, and it allows ALOT of maneuverability.

Twinkle also has devastating abilities, and can kill much stronger foes in a swipe, while defender adds and AC bonus of 2, making him harder to hit.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:29 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Leto is far from human... Why would you say he is? How many humans do you know that can bench 10 tons? How many live for 3500 years and become giant sandworms? That's what I thought. Leto's as far from human as anyone. You won't touch me enough to "crush" my body.

Your right, I won't touch you enough. My blades and my lasers will be hitting you. Quite a bit. If Leto's around class 10, then I'm like 33% percent stronger than you. Not much of a difference, but it does come into factor when all of our attributes are nearly the same. The odds of your character knocking me out is slim to none, for where my character has the ability not only to knock you out, but kill you several different ways.

1. Physical close quarter combat: I stab you, you stab me, you die from your wounds, I'm gravely injured, but heal within minutes after receiving the wound, thus giving me the win.

2. Distance Battle: You have only one weapon to attack from at long distance, and that is your optic visor. Using Thunderstar's speed and agility, I'll be maneuvering quite a bit and simultaneously chucking my shurikens and sonic blades towards you, as well as locking onto your energy signature and using my laser guided E-Beams to blow your Amaglam to bits.

3. Stealth Battles... : Your Darkness globe would probably work against me, but since my headgear detects even the smallest trace amounts of energy signatures and frequencies, that leaves a nice bullseye on your body. My laser guided E-Beams will find you if your behind a rock, hiding in the the Globe Of Darkness, or cowering in the corner like a little girl. Even if my beams don't hit you dead on, the concussive force will send you flying into the air, thus allowing me to find you.

4. E-Beam And Optic Blast Collision!!!: If these two were two collide, the resulted concussive force blasts will probably destroy the platform were on, sending both of us plummeting to our deaths to the valley below.

Oh wait a minute... I'm wearing specifically designed suit made out of Mojo World materials, plus I have nigh hard skin, which will probably reduce the amount of damage I receive from the fall, thus less work for my healing factor. Do you have a healing factor? No... Thus you die from the resulted fall.

Thunderstar Wins!!!

Emperor

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:41 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

well taht was exciting

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 03:52 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Dizzle'a Amaglam is tough, but when it comes down to it, mine is stronger, packing more weapons, and just more versatile than a hack and slash character with optic blasts. I have speed, agility, dozens of throwing weapons, my blades and shurikens are charged with sonic frequencies to amplify it's effectiveness, I have tough skin along with a combat suit made out of Mojo World materials, I have my headgear that detects any type of energy signature or frequency, and is allowed to home in on that target via laser guidance...

Thunderstar is just much more versatile than the Emperor.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 06:10 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

I'm gonna vote for setry cause it seems like his amalgam is better than dizzles. also are force-fields allowed in the tourney?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 06:56 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

The really big problem with this fight is 95% of it is speculation on speeds and such.

But, I'm going to vote for Dizzle. Upon further review, I believe he is not only fast enough, but skilled enough, to get ontop of Sentry and take him out. Being a huge X-force fan, I know very well how skilled Shatterstar is, and I believe he is slightly outclassed here.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 07:10 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yes, I forgot, I vote for Dizzle aswell, I like his combinations and lethality of his weapons/equipment...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 08:12 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strength isn't everything.
You might be 33% stronger, but he might have more power in his hits.
Just a suggestion.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 08:33 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Better equipment and weapons...

quote:
superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and senses, personal regeneration, convert sonic frequencies into a vibratory shockwave that he channels through his sword, razor sharp swords, daggers, shuriken and throwing blades

quote:
The Unicorn wears headgear equipped with an energy projector that tunes to various frequency and power levels including infrared and ultraviolet lasers, microwaves, laser-path guided electron and neutron beams. The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet). The power supply is a flat array of nuclear powered thermoelectric cells in Unicorn's belt which turn out about 1.2 kilowatts.

My weapons are pretty effective anf lethality seems to be on par with the Emperor's.

quote:
Strength isn't everything.
You might be 33% stronger, but he might have more power in his hits.

Just a suggestion.

Good point, but who's to say he's a better martail artist than my Amaglam or a better fighter? Shatterstar has studied various forms of Mojo World martials arts, Unicorn and Thunderbolt have also trained in various types of armed and unarmed combatitves... It's all up in the air. So when skill, speed, agility, and fighting ability are nearly the same, strength can be a deciding factor. Durability as well. I will heal from wounds... He will not... If we both receive fatal wounds, he will die, and I possibly might not.

His optic blasts don't lock into to me, he has to aim. Mine locks into my opponents type of energy frequency, and which Dizzle's Amaglam has a powerful energy signature due to the mutant power of Cyclops that his Amaglam has. I just lock in, and fire. Even if it's a close hit, could Dizzle's amaglam possibly survive this:

quote:
The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet)

Even if it were to miss him oh so slightly? Most likely not. Even if he did survive, he'd be severely impaired, thus leaving a chance for my Amaglam to capitalize on the situation.

VS.

The Twinkle blade...

Icingdeath...

Globe of Darkness...

Optic Blasts...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 01:29 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

So far the score is

tied with 4-4

Good match Dizzle. And damn good Amaglam.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 01:41 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

4-4 eh? Yeah, good match, both of you. Keep it coming though...still a while left to go.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 01:47 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by DigiMark007
4-4 eh? Yeah, good match, both of you. Keep it coming though...still a while left to go.

Damn... A week is long... I'll just play counter poster from now on. I think I've written enough for now. It's Dizzle's move.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 01:54 AM
Askani'son

didnt drizzt get new armor in The Two Swords that was better than his mithril because it was able to not only deflect his swords but also not even scratch the armor?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:03 AM
Askani'son is currently offline Click here to Send Askani'son a Private Message Find more posts by Askani'son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by newjak86
I'm gonna go Sentry. From both sides it looks like this is getting down and dirty close range combat. Drizzle's lack of a healing factor really hurts him here plus I think they are close enough everywhere else except strength to go ahead and give it to Sentry.

If you're basing this all on melee combat, I beg you to reconsider... My entire initial strategy involves staying out of his range with superior speed (his beams only reach a quarter of the way across the platform, precog warns me about them in general) and pushing him to the edge. The only time I would go close combat is if Sentry decides to retreat to the maze of mountain passes. He said himself that his sensors could pick up magic energy. Enough faerie fire should throw him off plenty good. Then it's just a matter of ambush and a quick kill. I don't plan on going straight up melee at all, which Sentry would have you believe.

Keep in mind he wouldn't really be able to hide from me in the mountains either. Drizzt's a master tracker and such, he can pick up Mr Thundersomething from a mile away. The range from the eye beams helps here too... He's chasing me, I cave in a mountain pass or two on his head.

More equipment doesn't equal better equipment... You assume that your shurikens are both more deadly and more accurate than my eye beams, because your only argument for range is that every shot I take somehow misses, and somehow you connect in lethal spots with 7 diving shuriken throws. It really doesn't seem likely, you don't have Bullseye, or anyone close to as good at aiming as he is. Your e-beams have a range of 25 yards. You have to catch me to use them, which simply isn't happening. And if your e-beams can ko you, my eye beams can as well. Why? Cyclops is the upper limit for beam weapons. Your argument against my speed is the same, though 85 is NOT the exact limit, which is why I still edge you out.

Once again, Leto isn't getting blown through by a normal metal shuriken, sonic charge or no. He's taken blades from much less distance than you will be at. They may leave marks, but one glancing hit won't be leaving me incapacitated as you seem to suggest. This also implies that you can hit me in good spots, which isn't likely to happen a whole lot.

Your e-beams aren't going to be utilized much, as you need to get much closer than you will be able to to properly use them. If you somehow get into range, I have quite the number of options. A: I could actually use this as a tactic... I sit at the entrance to the passes, let you try a beam, shoot it, blow up the platform, dive into the pass, and let you lose by ring out. (btw, if we both leave the battlefield, I'm pretty sure that's a stalemate, regardless of who's in better shape) B: Avoidance. Heat seeking things can be blocked by throwing stuff in their path, and it doesn't have to be an energy beam. A rock should work...

Regrowing heads now, Sentry? If your head blows up, you die. Check the maximum limit on healing factors. A point blank e-beam shot would kill us both, and get you nowhere. Course, you're never getting a point blank e-beam shot, as I'm gonna be avoiding you and blasting you with superior range for the whole fight. Or ambushing you in some random mountain pass.

I must stress this: In a close range fight, Shaiclops will not need to soak damage. I don't need a healing factor, I won't be taking enough hits in melee. While fighting his admitted equal, Artemis Entreri, Drizzt has gotten hit a total of... I think 3 times. All minorly. The biggest and best part about his fighting style is the unique way that he keeps up an almost impenetrable defense while still getting in plenty of slashes. He even comments on it in Legacy... You cannot sacrifice good defense for good offense or vice versa, you must do both simultaneously. If it comes down to pure swords, Shaiclops has a huge advantage. (He definitely would see a kamikaze coming, btw. He would know that even a stab to the gut wouldn't kill you. He might not see the attack directly, but he won't let down his guard if he knows it won't end the fight)

Oh ya... I forgot... Since you're chucking shurikens from 50 yards against a guy moving at 100+ mph and connecting with 7/10, It's plausible that someone with Cyclops's skill could hit you in the head once or twice. One time and all of your sensors, and a lot of your weapons, are pretty much disabled. I then proceed into the twisting passages, ambush you, and keep your head as a trophy to bolster the fear of me by my subjects. Shaiclops is GOD EMPEROR! How bout dem apples?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Last edited by Dizzle on Sep 13th, 2005 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:10 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Sentry
So far the score is

tied with 4-4

Good match Dizzle. And damn good Amaglam.

You too, to both. Dammit I wanted to face Iron Eagle... Dammit!

And a week... Hmm...

And no... Obould's armor deflected pretty much everything that wasn't Cutter, but as far as I know, Drizzt's armor is still the same as it has been.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:13 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Askani'son
didnt drizzt get new armor in The Two Swords that was better than his mithril because it was able to not only deflect his swords but also not even scratch the armor?

I just started Two Swords, but we'll go with "classic" Drizzt here. Just his regular mithril armor. And the only enchantment it has is to make it silent and light. It's still just a really light, tough metal.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:13 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I just started Two Swords, but we'll go with "classic" Drizzt here. Just his regular mithril armor. And the only enchantment it has is to make it silent and light. It's still just a really light, tough metal.

Whatever... Though Drizzt did get control of the Hunter in Two Swords... Which I have yet to bring up. It involves slipping into an instinctual killing state and boosts Drizzt's skills even higher and yadda yadda. Still, I don't think his armor changed at all during Two Swords anyway.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:16 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Dizzle
Whatever... Though Drizzt did get control of the Hunter in Two Swords... Which I have yet to bring up. It involves slipping into an instinctual killing state and boosts Drizzt's skills even higher and yadda yadda. Still, I don't think his armor changed at all during Two Swords anyway.

Yeah, I jsut reread that wiki article about Drizzt. That Hunter thing sounds... scary. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:28 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Oh ya... I forgot... Since you're chucking shurikens from 50 yards against a guy moving at 100+ mph and connecting with 7/10,

100+ mph??? Isn't over a 100 plus mph over the speed limit for our amaglams? Is Spidey that fast since we did limit the speed to that of Spiderman?

quote:
B: Avoidance. Heat seeking things can be blocked by throwing stuff in their path, and it doesn't have to be an energy beam. A rock should work...

Last time I checked rocks don't give off energy frequencies. Your visor does. big grin

I'm not hiding from you. Have I ever stated in any of my postings that I will hide or use stealth? No. I will fight you on the platform. You can run and hide between the rocks like a little baby , but I will stay on the platform and chuck my blades and shurikens at you. Oh, I'll shoot E-Beams towards the rocks your cowering in and shatter those, so your supposed stealth techniques(hiding because he's too scared), will not work anymore. Then you'll have to fight on the platform. Coward.

quote:
Your e-beams have a range of 25 yards. You have to catch me to use them, which simply isn't happening.

No. My E-beams are more effective at 25 yards. Not limited to it. If it hits you from from 50 yards, the concussive force blast won't be as strong, but it will still hve a detrimental effect on your amaglam.

Oh, I don't hacve to catch you Dizzle. All I have to do is get close to you. And since our speed is similar according to tournament rules, it'll be easy enough to get close to you.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:30 AM