KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney: Fight #2

Street Tourney: Fight #2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

not voting yet, but i want to put something in here

you're both making arguments over running speed, Sentry's guy runs about 85mph Dizzle's apparetnly causes so much heat when he runs he has to be going around 300mph... which is well beyond the limit... in fact Sentry's foot speed pretty much IS the limit... so that point is invalid

other than that i'm not sure what either of your reaction speeds are like (since you both keep talking about running)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:59 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
not voting yet, but i want to put something in here

you're both making arguments over running speed, Sentry's guy runs about 85mph Dizzle's apparetnly causes so much heat when he runs he has to be going around 300mph... which is well beyond the limit... in fact Sentry's foot speed pretty much IS the limit... so that point is invalid

other than that i'm not sure what either of your reaction speeds are like (since you both keep talking about running)

What IS the exact limit on running speed? I didn't mean to suggest 300 mph, I was thinking more along the lines of 120 or so. But 85 isn't the limit... Sentry's OLD character boasted speeds of 100mph. Even that is a pretty significant difference, or at least a difference big enough that I can keep a good gap in between us, and neutralize his comparatively short ranged lasers.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 02:05 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

well i meant pretty much the limit... it'll be around 100mph or so.... so any difference would only be slight

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 02:06 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Scoobless
well i meant pretty much the limit... it'll be around 100mph or so.... so any difference would only be slight

Exactly

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 02:53 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

(I may regret this, as I think my amalgam would fare better against Thunderstar)

I'm leaning towards voting voting for Shaiclops.

I think Cyclops is better than Unicorn in the long game, even though Unicorn's got the more versatile attack. Cyclops has range and is far more skilled.

Shatterstar's crazy good, probably as good as Drzzt, but I think Leto's Fremen-Evolution-crossed-with-Bene-Gesserit-Eugenics reflexes put him over the top in the close game.

Thunderstar's hope might be power. He's a lot stongeer than Leto, and Shatterstar's swords once drew blood on the Juggernaut.

Of course they've got a week to play this out. We may yet see some surprises.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Sep 12th, 2005 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 02:53 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Oh, and Dizzle, someone who picks Leto II shouldn't throw stones about voices in their heads wink

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 02:56 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Dizzle
One minor thing, infravision is blocked by the globes. Sentry's sensors won't be seeing through them, but stuff like energy rays should work just fine.

No, they'll work just fine I think. My headgear visor locks on to any type of energy frequency or signature and the E-beam is guided by a laser to it's target. Blocking it out? I think not. Your ruby visor and optic energy will always leave a trace amount of energy no matter what. It found Iron Man when his suit capacity was less than 2%, I'm willing to bet the energy stored within your amaglam is slightly greater than 2% of Iron Man's suit.

OK, back to my advantages.

DURABILITY: Shurikens and knives won't do anything to me. Drizzt's chainmail was made by a master dwarven smith. Highest quality, very little weight. Mithril rules. Leto has also taken several thrown knives from close range. And a flamethrower. You can hit me with 7, or 8, or 20. They'll bounce off. The only thing that's vulnerable is the visor and the bracers. You have not the skill or speed to hit either. If you did, you'd be majorly breaking rules.

OK, does this Mithril cover your whole body? Does it cover every nook and cranny of your legs? Probably not. All armor have their weak spots and crevices, and incoming blades and shurikens can and will find those marks at least 7 times out of 10.

You also mentioned durability...Something without your armor, you do not possess. My durability is greater than yours. You may have Mithtril, but I have a specifically designed suit of tough flexible Mojo World materials, and my skin toughness is quite a bit tougher than yours.

You also mentioned skill. Well skill does come into play, but your character Drizzt is only 70 years old according to the wikipedia bio, so if you have no where near the experience of other of Drizzt's kind. Shatterstar was forced to battle day in and day out by Mojo in arena type death matches. Unicorn and Thunderbolt both have military backgrounds, and have trained several forms of armed and unarmed combatitives. Skill and speed are my forte. I have enough skill to nail you with all types of different weapons.

Originally posted by Laminator_X
(I may regret this, as I think my amalgam would fare better against Thunderstar)

I'm leaning towards voting voting for Shaiclops.

I think Cyclops is better than Unicorn in the long game, even though Unicorn's got the more versatile attack. Cyclops has range and is far more skilled.

Shatterstar's crazy good, probably as good as Drzzt, but I think Leto's Fremen-Evolution-crossed-with-Bene-Gesserit-Eugenics reflexes put him over the top in the close game.

Thunderstar's hope might be power. He's a lot stongeer than Leto, and Shatterstar's swords once drew blood on the Juggernaut.

Of course they've got a week to play this out. We may yet see some surprises.

Cyclops might be more powerful in the long game, but you hit it right on the nail when you said mine was much more versatile. Like I said, if both blasts collide, that will result in an explosion that will knock us both off the platforms, and while the Emperor falls to his death, I will fall, and be gravely injured, but I will survive due to my healing factor. Due to my suit and already tough hide, the fall won't hurt me that bad.

Ahhhh... you also mentioned power... Oh so right you are. In a close game, I'm willing to be impaled to impale the Emperor. While I'll block and parry all of his slicing techniques to my vital spots, I'll probably step into one of his blades getting impaled through the stomach, thus giving me my window of chance to impale him. Emperor has no healing factor, and will thus die from the resulted wound, and I will not. If it were a light-saber on the other hand, I'd probably not step into such a blow.

Oh, another thing, If you think my blades won't be able to impale through Mithril, your character will be dead wrong. I have that issue of when Shatterstar draws blood on the Juggernaut. My blades are enchanted as well. It sliced through the locks on Juggy's helmet. In other words, it sliced through Juggs mystical armor. Something I believe Mithril is no where near as tough.

So if you add strength, mystical and sonic blades, and master swordsman skill... That'll be more than enough to plow through Mithril. If not through the Mithril, through the crevices under the armpit or the neck. Either way, Emperor dies.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 03:31 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

just something to take note of... the magic that enchants shatterstar's blades are what allowed it to nullify that magic that gives juggs his durability...I'm not saying the blades aren't sharp but it's something to be pointed out that he really wasn't slicing through anything with super durability as far as the blades were concerned jugg's skin was just like anyone elses..and he stabbed him in the eyes..did he actually cut skin? i don't remember...

anywho.. it should be noted that the mythril is also enchanted...this should come into play upon contact, and in a collision i think it's pretty safe to a assume a stalemate would be the result.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 03:37 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Oops, quote instead of edit. I only added this to "SKILL"

"Also if it comes down to a swordfight, only one of your guys even has experience with swords. And he is no match for Drizzt Do'Urden. You may have a slight advantage in army tactics, but this isn't the army, now is it?"

To wrap up the essay session, my main mind is Leto. He kills anything and everyone who gets in the way of the Golden Path. He is simply above the likes of you puny "humans". (sarcasm, btw. Look it up, along with "subtlety" when trying to make fun of my name)

Oh, and if you're gonna go for the title thing, try not to name yourself after a schizo. Just some advice. (Sentry... These ARE the voices in your head. We want your soul! Ooooooooh )

It'll be a closer fight than you think. Sword fighting is Shatterstar's main forte... Shatterstar has just about crossed swords with damn near everyone. I know one thing your character won't be expecting... Military type KAMAKAZE ATTACKS!!! If you also think I'll be just using my swords, you'll be in for a surprise. I'm willing to blast you point blank with my E- beams causing the concussive blast force to momentarily double KO the both of us. Then again you'd be dead, and I'd get up after a few minutes after my healing factor kicks in, which I remind you again, something you do not have.

Unfortunately for you Leto body, I'm not a puny human. I will crush you physical body with all my might.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 03:43 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by jinzin
just something to take note of... the magic that enchants shatterstar's blades are what allowed it to nullify that magic that gives juggs his durability...I'm not saying the blades aren't sharp but it's something to be pointed out that he really wasn't slicing through anything with super durability as far as the blades were concerned jugg's skin was just like anyone elses..and he stabbed him in the eyes..did he actually cut skin? i don't remember...

anywho.. it should be noted that the mythril is also enchanted...this should come into play upon contact, and in a collision i think it's pretty safe to a assume a stalemate would be the result.

He pretty much impaled him through the eyes. And if Mthril is enchanted, then the enchantment on my blades should negate the Mithrils enchantment, thus making it easier to plow through Mithril.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 03:52 AM
jinzin

well that would work if it was just any old metal without the enchantment.. but I'm pretty sure it's made of some of the hardest substance in it's own relative U. it would be hard to punch through..especially if you have to worry about getting blasted or gutted yourself... it may not be the wisest desicion of attack, you'd have to put too much strength and focus into it...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 04:00 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

The chainmail is lightly enchanted, but mostly for it's weight and flexibility, not godly protection.

Leto by himself is quite durable. 7/10 shurikens, from 50 yards, hitting me in the bracers or visor? I think not. Leto's skin repelled Fremen daggers thrown from a couple feet. The mithril just helps out a bit. Your shurikens aren't magic, they're just metal. Leto's skin isn't being pierced by them, and the visor and bracers are much too small to be hit.

Drizzt doesn't have the centuries of experience, but he has more skill than those who have centuries of experience. He's a prodigy. And 70 years is PLENTY of time to learn the ins and outs of single combat (I think he started at 5 or so). It's more than any one of your guys has, I'm fairly sure. Combine that with Fremen training, Bene Gesserit training, and the command of the X Men. You have NOTHING on my experience and skill. Seriously, name me one guy Shatterstar has beaten sword to sword that's better than Obould.

Sadly enough for you, Drizzt has survived the "I stab you, you stab me" thing before. He has almost a Bruce Leeish style of swordplay. Improvisation is key. Play offense and defense simultaneously. He can be stabbing you and block your little chop at the same time. (advantage of two swords wink) Oh, and you STILL forget precognition. Nothing surprises Shaiclops.

Precog also provides the answer for an eye beam explosion. (assuming that's what would happen... They could also just pretty much counter each other) Shaiclops fires a blast and dives into one of the mountain passes. The explosion knocks you off, the mountain protects me. I win by your death or ring out. (at the least)

Darkness globes, as far as I can tell, let no types of vision through, magical or otherwise. Seeing as there isn't a whole lot of technology in Forgottem Realms, I can't say how a futuristic tracking device would fare. I doubt it would do very well. It doesn't block light or heat or energy. It blocks sight in general.

Leto is far from human... Why would you say he is? How many humans do you know that can bench 10 tons? How many live for 3500 years and become giant sandworms? That's what I thought. Leto's as far from human as anyone. You won't touch me enough to "crush" my body.

You assume 3 things with your point blank e-beams. A: You'll survive it. If it's blowing off my torso, you're dying too. B: I don't see em coming. See how precog comes in handy now? I'm never going to be surprised. By you or anyone. C: You assume I don't blast you away with my eyes first. Even Unicorn can't take that much force to the face from point blank. Cuz see, I'd do it even before you try the crappy "stab and be stabbed" thing.

For clarification, I'm not saying you couldn't pierce mithril chainmail with a good sword strike... Not a katana through butter. More like a broadsword through plate mail... It's just that you won't be getting any good hits in anyway, so I don't really have to worry.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 04:12 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

anywho.. it should be noted that the mythril is also enchanted...this should come into play upon contact

I believe it's...

Mithril Chain Mail +5
Icing Death (Frostbrand) +3
Twinkle (Defender) +5

big grin

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 04:58 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

What the f**k?

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:00 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
The chainmail is lightly enchanted, but mostly for it's weight and flexibility, not godly protection.

Leto by himself is quite durable. 7/10 shurikens, from 50 yards, hitting me in the bracers or visor? I think not. Leto's skin repelled Fremen daggers thrown from a couple feet. The mithril just helps out a bit. Your shurikens aren't magic, they're just metal. Leto's skin isn't being pierced by them, and the visor and bracers are much too small to be hit.

Your Mithril armor does not cover every single part of your body. It will have nooks and crannies, and with my skill, I'm sure to find them. Oh, hitting your visor from 50 yards might be hard, but not impossible. My laser guided E-beams could lock onto your visor from 10 to 20 yards, and target that. That will nicely shave the part of your head with the visor clean off.

So Leto's has been hit with daggers...All my bladed weapons and shurikens are charged with a specific sonic charge, similar to the blades on The Guyver, which will certainly pierce you skin. Oh, your not a sandworm you know, and your not totally invincible like you think you are. Digi kinda banned that. But, I could simply melt the snow around our battlefield, and since your body is that of Leto who has a weakness against water... Well you see the point. Your dead...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:27 AM
Laminator_X

Young Leto wasn't water averse. He was more Sandtrout than Worm then.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:31 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Precog also provides the answer for an eye beam explosion. (assuming that's what would happen... They could also just pretty much counter each other) Shaiclops fires a blast and dives into one of the mountain passes. The explosion knocks you off, the mountain protects me. I win by your death or ring out. (at the least)

Ahhhhh.... Wondrous pre-cog... Your pre-cog will predict and see predictable patterns and outcomes. My I stab you and I stab me thing as well... But, the point blank E-beam blast that would take me and you out, at the same time is probably something you won't be predicting. It's reminiscent of old Japanese Kamikaze war pilots, taking the enemy down with you. But in this case, only you will be going down since your pre-cog probably won't predict such a radical and dangerous move. Yeah it could kill me as well, but I can heal from my wounds, quite quickly... Possibly regenerate a limb or two... But you having no distinct or documented healing ability is your downfall will be. Sure if you were a sandworm you'd probably survive, but since your a young Leto, that is probably not the case. Oh, an the explosion will surely cause some snow to melt, thus the water will weaken you even further. What a lame character... Weak against water... It's ok Dizzle... I applaud your effort.

It's too bad your going down... thumb down

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:37 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Young Leto wasn't water averse. He was more Sandtrout than Worm then.

Doesn't matter, my kamikaze attacks will stop him.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:38 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Darkness globes, as far as I can tell, let no types of vision through, magical or otherwise. Seeing as there isn't a whole lot of technology in Forgottem Realms, I can't say how a futuristic tracking device would fare. I doubt it would do very well. It doesn't block light or heat or energy. It blocks sight in general.

That's exactly what I was thinking Dizzle. You still think the concept is about sight. No. Your body, your ruby visor is giving off slight energy patterns no matter what... Even if you try to hide in the Darkness Globe, your Globe hasn't been put up against modern technology, so it's my word against yours isn't it?
It's kinda like cosmic awareness, but on a much smaller scale.

quote:
(advantage of two swords wink )

Ummmm... I have two swords too... And I have about a couple dozen shurikens and throwing blades, and my E and N-beams... If you count them all up, it looks like your outgunned. I have two swords plus... You only have two swords and a visor...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:46 AM
Solidus Snake
The General

this is tough. i feel dizzle may be outclassed though. one or two solid hits may do him in. a lack of a healing factor will limit his soak

although i believe dizzle has the more original character, he will unfortunately go down

sentry wins

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 12:11 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote