KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney Match #3

Street Tourney Match #3
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Street Tourney Match #3

Laminator X vs. Jinzin

Battlefield: Fight takes place in the forests of Canada. The trees stretch out in all directions for miles and miles. It is night, the moon provides the only light.

Voter Eligibility Date: July 31

Prep: 15 minutes in a nondescript room before being teleported to the battlefield. Fighters start about 50 meters apart but not in plain sight of each other.

Laminator -
Name: Ben Deadcrawler
Nightcrawler - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...ightcrawler.htm
Vanth DS - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dredstar.htm
Benedict of Amber (body) - http://members.fortunecity.com/jwqh/amber.htm
http://paradox.of.arden.tripod.com/amber.html
Equipment: Benedict’s equipment is whatever is state-of-the-art for that period in history. In this case, Laminator has chosen standard equipment of a Navy SEAL Sniper Unit. Vanth DS’s sword, laser pistol, Vanth’s suit (acts as armor), Semi-automatic rifle with scope, Colt .45 sidearm, SOG combat knife, spare knife, night vision goggles, 40mm grenades (2 explosive, 2 flash), spare magazines for guns (with armor piercing rounds), first-aid kit
Character Notes: Vanth Dreadstar - The sword boosts the character's normal strength levels by about 10x. Still nowhere near many of the picks, and probably somewhere just under 1 Ton. It can absorb most energy attacks, but only those where it receives the blow (i.e. if the energy hits Vanth himself it'll hurt him). It can then redirect the energy with similar force. Vanth can heal slightly faster than normal, but still nowhere near Wolverine levels

Jinzin -
Name: THE BIG KAHUNA
Venom - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/v/venom.htm
Taskmaster - http://www.geocities.com/marvel_vil...taskmaster.html
Sabertooth (body) - http://www.grokpedia.com/en/s/sa/Sabretooth.htm
Equipment: Symbiote, katana, berretta pistols (2), TM's wrist-energy-thing (sorry for lack of a good definition)
Character Notes: Though Venom has repeatedly shown feats beyond Class 15, and the Marvel Directory only has him at class 10, for the sake of the tournament the symbiote's "base strength" will be considered Class 15.

Though a few think we should shorten the matches, a week seemed fine to me (with only a day or two of down time), so this round will go a week as well.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 04:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Jinzin's got a potent Amaglam. Two of Laminator's guys I have no clue about besides whats in their link. This should be a good match. Oh, after I crush Scoobs, I'll lay waste to the winner of this match! evil face

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 04:36 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
Jinzin's got a potent Amaglam. Two of Laminator's guys I have no clue about besides whats in their link. This should be a good match. Oh, after I crush Scoobs, I'll lay waste to the winner of this match! evil face

The only reason you don't know who they are is you haven't been reading comics very long smile Dreadstar was pretty adult for instance smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:41 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

many have tried, none have succeeded.... you will be cast into the pit with the rest of the unworthy

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:41 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:43 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Where is the poll ?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:46 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

no poll... every vote has to be written into the thread

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:50 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Oh. Ok when the match starts, and I see who is doing better, I will vote.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:52 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

cool, that's the idea

ok... gonna stop spamming up this thread now... get on with the fighting bizzitches

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:53 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scoobless
cool, that's the idea

ok... gonna stop spamming up this thread now... get on with the fighting bizzitches

thats one vote you might have lost Scooby

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:01 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

ok let me kick things off just by saying that digi kinda screwed laminator scenario wise... the environment gives my guy a VERY solid advantage...
not only is the taskmaster part of HBK ninja enough to sneak into stark HQ, shield HQ, and infiltrate the avengers... but I also have the symbiote which can allow HBK to go stealth at any moment of his choosing so good luck finding HBK then... and on top of THAT his enhanced senses are superb for tracking HBK's sabretooth portion can hear a heartbeating in a cave 200 yards away... you think you're gonna sneak anywhere in this forest? NO...but I will... sabretooth's such a supurb stalker he stalked wolverine in the city all night and brushed by him a couple of times, only at the end of the night did wolverine realize who it was that was stalking him... HBK's got your number... all I have to do is go stealth snipe you out...and then using my enhanced speed and reflexes from the weapon x program coupled with the enhanced speed and reflexes from the symbiote, AND using TM's ability to go double speed...all I have to do from there is speed blitz your ass and put a bullet in your brain point blank before you're even on to my presence being there.... OR cut off your head with my katana...OR my admantium claws... OR just tendril you to death..... OR web you up and THEN go to work on you... this is my fight all the way....

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 06:05 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I like Jinzin's amalgam.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:47 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Go Laminator! Sorry jinzin but I'm rooting for Lam from the get go, though I will say you've picked a badass amalgam.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:04 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Khellendros
Go Laminator! Sorry jinzin but I'm rooting for Lam from the get go, though I will say you've picked a badass amalgam.

it's all good..but may I ask why?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:11 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by jinzin
it's all good..but may I ask why?

I just really want a chance to pit our amalgams against each other.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:33 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I just really want a chance to pit our amalgams against each other.

How can that happen if you lose your first match to Newjak... laughing

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:36 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Newjak is teh godly...

From what I've heard so far of Dreadstar and Benedict of Amber, Lam's guy is going to be a tough SOB, no matter the scenario. I eagerly await him getting here and telling us more...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:42 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

dis be.. THE BIG KAHUNA!

Attachment: hbk.jpg
This has been downloaded 163 time(s).

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:48 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

How can that happen if you lose your first match to Newjak... laughing

I'm an optimist.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:14 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I'm an optimist.

I belive society frowns on that.

And since nothing's happening here yet, wouldn't it be awesome if an optomist drowned in a half empty bathtub? I mean not awesome awesome, but kind of hilariously ironic...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:27 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote