KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » My Terminator 3 Rant

My Terminator 3 Rant
Started by: Ocelot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barand1

Aw, too kind. Thank you. embarrasment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:25 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindaHamilton32

quote: (post)
Originally posted by barand1
Aw, too kind. Thank you. embarrasment

Again you are welcome. It was a privilege reading your ideas. Really.I don't think i can top that lol
Here is a pic of me and my husband with Linda Hamilton in 2007.We both are great friends with Linda and her twin sister Leslie Garrean.Linda is a lovely person. Alot different than her badass Sarah Connor lol.What do you think?Thanks
http://files.myopera.com/DieInCries...HamiltonPam.jpg

"Despite all the action of the Terminator movies, they were actually pretty high-minded. There was really a message there about the human condition, and Terminator 3 had no regard for human life whatsoever." - Linda Hamilton on T3
Me and my good friend Linda Hamilton:

Last edited by LindaHamilton32 on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 02:44 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 02:41 PM
LindaHamilton32 is currently offline Click here to Send LindaHamilton32 a Private Message Find more posts by LindaHamilton32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Ooh wow, cool pic! cool
It's a shame that the T3 script wasn't good enough for Linda to reprise the role of Sarah sad

Do you know if Linda or her sister have seen Salvation yet?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 10:31 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LindaHamilton32
Thank you for your reply.Yeah i wasn't really a fan of the TX.She just wasn't threatening IMO.Saying that though i do like T3, just not Kristanna Loken so much.For T3 i would have loved two Arnies. Imagine Arnie vs Arnie.It would have been epic and different and T3 would'nt feel so much of a rehash of T2.

I like your ideas for Sarah.I agree that despite Judgment Day not happening, she would still be this edgy paranoid woman while John is more relaxed and thinks they prevented the war and is trying to live a normal life in LA.Then an Arnie model T-800 tries to kill him and he is saved by the other Arnie Terminator.Then Sarah and John find out that their attack on Cyberdyne didn't stop JD they just postponed it.What are your thoughts?Thanks again
I was thinking an Arnie vs Arnie as well, believe it or not.

It would be different and interesting!

I was also thinking that one of them be a presently made terminator. As a prototype or whatever.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 10:43 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindaHamilton32

Ooh wow, cool pic! cool
It's a shame that the T3 script wasn't good enough for Linda to reprise the role of Sarah sad

Do you know if Linda or her sister have seen Salvation yet?

Hi there. Yeah it was a shame that she didn't do T3. I really missed her in the film. One of the reasons she turned down T3 was she felt that the character arc was too similar to T2.She felt that Sarahs evolution was complete by the end of T2. Plus no James Cameron at the helm also played a part in it.

Linda didn't like Terminator 3 particularly as she thought it didn't have that spark or the soul of the previous movies.She hasn't seen Salvation yet but she hardly watches TV or movies as she is so busy lol.What is interesting though is that after Terminator 2 she said Hollywood inundated her with similar tough woman roles like a lesbian or a cop or a military officer lol.

"Despite all the action of the Terminator movies, they were actually pretty high-minded. There was really a message there about the human condition, and Terminator 3 had no regard for human life whatsoever." - Linda Hamilton on T3

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 09:48 AM
LindaHamilton32 is currently offline Click here to Send LindaHamilton32 a Private Message Find more posts by LindaHamilton32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Couldn't Linda of asked for script changes if she wanted? I'm sure Arnold could of.

As a said, it's a shame Linda wasn't in T3 sad

What is Linda doing now? I know she does quite a bit of voice work. She is good a anything she does, so I wouldn't of minded seeing her in any of the roles she was offered, lol.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 10:42 AM
LindaHamilton32

Couldn't Linda of asked for script changes if she wanted? I'm sure Arnold could of.

As a said, it's a shame Linda wasn't in T3 sad

What is Linda doing now? I know she does quite a bit of voice work. She is good a anything she does, so I wouldn't of minded seeing her in any of the roles she was offered, lol.

Hi How are you?Thanks for your response. I completely agree. The script that Linda read had Sarah Connor die about half way through though she didn't say much about it. So i think the T3 she read and the T3 we have now would have been completely different.She thought the character in the script was “disposable” and “negligible”. She felt that the character arc was over and could not be improved upon. And the script that she read proved that to her.

Too bad for fans though as Sarah is such an iconic character. Before i knew her, i couldn't stop staring at her arms and physique in T2. I was in awe of her.Her transfomation from T1 to T2 was phenomenal. It is a shame she wasn't oscar nominated for T2.She definitely deserved it imo. I think T3 would have been so much better if Linda were in it.It would have brought more legitimacy to the movie.Perhaps she would have returned if James Cameron directed?But in hindsight maybe it was a better decision. Sarah's story was told in T1 and T2.T3 was John Connor's story not Sarah's. If she were in it, it probably would have took the focus away from John.Anyway what are your thoughts on this?Thanks again

Last edited by LindaHamilton32 on Jul 6th, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 11:22 AM
barand1

Hi, I'm fine thank you. How are you?

I agree that T3 should be focused on John, but I just think that a bit more mention of Sarah and/or her death would of been much needed instead of a few minutes of mentioning.

I think some of the problem with T3 was Jonathan Mostow. I think the film could of done with a high class director, and the same could be said for Salvation. James Cameron is one of the best directors in the last 20 years.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 11:50 AM
LindaHamilton32

Hi, I'm fine thank you. How are you?

I agree that T3 should be focused on John, but I just think that a bit more mention of Sarah and/or her death would of been much needed instead of a few minutes of mentioning.

I think some of the problem with T3 was Jonathan Mostow. I think the film could of done with a high class director, and the same could be said for Salvation. James Cameron is one of the best directors in the last 20 years.

Fine thanks.I agree. Killing her off with leaukaemia was pretty weak.I would have liked T3 to have had more mention of Sarah. Perhaps during the cemetary scene when Kate asks John what happened to her, he could have pulled out the famous polaroid of his mother.That would have been great and linked T3 with the other films more.

I also agree about Jonathan Mostow.Although i enjoy T3 for what it is;a respectable summer action movie,It's just that it isn't a James Cameron film. And i can see that every time i watch it.However i think Jonathan Mostow did a competent job. He had some pretty big shoes to fill plus the masterpiece that is Terminator 2 to follow up. Plus Mostow will have had intense pressure to recreate shots to pay homage to the previous classics. But Mostow didn't even know why Terminators arrived in the past naked lol.I wasn't really a fan of his stupid "funky man" humor and happy/giddy lighting and cinematography.I could also have done without the lame excuses for comedy. This is a Terminator movie not a comedy."Talk to the hand" is possibly the most irritating, stupid, painful attempt at humor in a movie I have ever seen.Actually the Elton John Glasses were worse lol.Mostow almost turned T3 into a parody of T2 imo.

But yeah if James Cameron helmed T3 it would have been absolutely epic and a masterpiece.Plus Sarah would have been done justice. It possibly would've been another milestone in Sci-Action movies like T2 was.What are your thoughts?Take care

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 12:10 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sarah dying in the film made sense, and would've been cool. Honestly, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with it as Linda Hamilton.

I'm guessing she would the same as she is in T2, and then get killed by T-X.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 03:17 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

If James Cameron was at the helm of another Terminator film then it would of been mind blowing for sure. I'm not sure what he would of done if he did T3 apart from setting the story based on the future war; although that idea just seems a bit boring, for some reason. I'm sure Cameron could of made something fantastic out of it though. I mean a war film, based in a science fiction world and directed by James Cameron? What more could anyone want! wink

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:48 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's a thing, why didn't they send T1000 in the same timeline as T850 just shortly after?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 04:56 PM
U Neek
Mr

I always like to think of Skynet sending its machines back like this...

Skynet has a rough idea of how old JC is. So, as Skynet is staring defeat in its own existence, it sends back a T-800 Arnold stlye Terminator to kill JC's mother. Sort of like a "retroactive abortion", as Dr Silberman stated in T1.

Seeing that the T-800 has had no affect on history or the timeline Skynet currently occupies, and the war is still being lost, Skynet decides to send another Terminator back in time, but to a different time period. It also decides to send a different model back since the first Terminator it sent back in time was clearly not up to the job. Thus the T-1000, a prototype, is sent back.

Again, it is still losing the war, nothing has changed. So with one last throw of the dice, Skynet sends its Termachick, the TX, back in time. As much as it pains it to do it, Skynet knows it has to part ways with its beloved (the TX) in order to continue to exist. Of course this means no more sexual relationship for Skynet with one of its most attractive looking T models. All for nothing though as the TX is unable to terminate John also.

I have mentioned this elsewhere on these boards so apologies to people who have read that post and are now reading this...

-U

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:09 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by U Neek
I always like to think of Skynet sending its machines back like this...

Skynet has a rough idea of how old JC is. So, as Skynet is staring defeat in its own existence, it sends back a T-800 Arnold stlye Terminator to kill JC's mother. Sort of like a "retroactive abortion", as Dr Silberman stated in T1.

Seeing that the T-800 has had no affect on history or the timeline Skynet currently occupies, and the war is still being lost, Skynet decides to send another Terminator back in time, but to a different time period. It also decides to send a different model back since the first Terminator it sent back in time was clearly not up to the job. Thus the T-1000, a prototype, is sent back.

Again, it is still losing the war, nothing has changed. So with one last throw of the dice, Skynet sends its Termachick, the TX, back in time. As much as it pains it to do it, Skynet knows it has to part ways with its beloved (the TX) in order to continue to exist. Of course this means no more sexual relationship for Skynet with one of its most attractive looking T models. All for nothing though as the TX is unable to terminate John also.

I have mentioned this elsewhere on these boards so apologies to people who have read that post and are now reading this...

-U

That's a nice way to see it. Would really like to see the T-X kiss some human and metal ass in the future war/movies. That terminator is so badass that it was wasted in T3.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 08:04 PM
LindaHamilton32

Hi everyone. How are you?I think T2:3D Battle Across Time would have made a great T3 imo.They should have used this idea for Terminator 3, having Arnie and John Connor fighting with the machines in the future.Watching it back in 1997 in LA,this is what I was expecting from a Terminator 3. Seeing Skynet and being in the wars of the future were excellent since we only got glipses of it in the first 2 films. Plus it wouldn't have been so much of a rehash of T2 and it would've been fresh.

It was great to see the cast reunited as well.We had Linda Hamilton. Eddie Furlong and Robert Patrick.James Cameron wanted T2:3D to be the stepping stone for a third theatrical release. UNFORTUNATELY, we never got to see his vision of Terminator 3.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 01:02 PM
LindaHamilton32

Originally posted by lord xyz
Sarah dying in the film made sense, and would've been cool. Honestly, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with it as Linda Hamilton.

I'm guessing she would the same as she is in T2, and then get killed by T-X.

I would have liked the cemetary scene in T3 to be a little longer. I thought the idea that Sarah left a cache of weapons in her casket was neat .Definitely something Sarah Connor would do lol. I think it would have been a nice touch if John took out the famous Sarah polaroid from T1 and spoke about how strong and focused his mother was and how she raised him as a leader. I think that would've been a great touch in the movie.Plus it really would have served the character of Sarah really well without having Linda in the film. As there would be no way that she would've just done a cameo.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:13 PM
barand1

I would have liked the cemetary scene in T3 to be a little longer. I thought the idea that Sarah left a cache of weapons in her casket was neat .Definitely something Sarah Connor would do lol. I think it would have been a nice touch if John took out the famous Sarah polaroid from T1 and spoke about how strong and focused his mother was and how she raised him as a leader. I think that would've been a great touch in the movie.Plus it really would have served the character of Sarah really well without having Linda in the film. As there would be no way that she would've just done a cameo.

I thought the exact same thing. It's almost as though the scene leads up to him pulling the photo out of his jacket pocket or something. Would of been a fantastic tribute to the previous films and Sarah. Oh well...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:57 PM
U Neek
Mr

Hi everyone. How are you?I think T2:3D Battle Across Time would have made a great T3 imo.They should have used this idea for Terminator 3, having Arnie and John Connor fighting with the machines in the future.Watching it back in 1997 in LA,this is what I was expecting from a Terminator 3. Seeing Skynet and being in the wars of the future were excellent since we only got glipses of it in the first 2 films. Plus it wouldn't have been so much of a rehash of T2 and it would've been fresh.

Spot on!

Who says we have to see "Judgment Day" occur? Why could we not just see the war?

Look at it like this; T1 and T2 happened, we saw that. But then why could we not be shown events leading up to the Terminators being sent back for bad and Kyle and the Arnie Terminator being sent back for good?

Yes the events of T2: Judgment Day "may" have prevented it (judgment day) from ever taking place, but from our point of view, showing how and why the Terminators / protectors were sent back would have been valid, because T1 and T2 took place. Sort of like a prequal to T1.

It goes around in an infinate loop but considering I live in the UK and will probably never see T2: 3D, I would not have minded seeing something very similar to it on the big screen.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 06:53 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I totally agree with U Neek.

I guess that's what this next trilogy is, but it's gonna suck.

I really think they should go back to the paradox theory, but that might look like a shot against T2, which is one of the best movie endings I saw.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:13 PM
barand1

I was just thinking to myself; I 'm really looking forward to the Salvation DVD release. Totally off topic I know rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 09:07 PM