KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Halloween

Comic Book Halloween
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Comic Book Halloween

K, so I like dressing up as stuff for Halloween, even though I'm well beyond the trick-or-treating phase. I honestly haven't gone as too many comic characters (I was a ninja turtle one year), but I'm planning on starting this year.

1. What comic people have we dressed up as for Halloween? Which would we like to dress as?

2. Post links to find obscure comic costumes if you know of anywhere that has them.

I desperately want to go as The Doctor from The Authority this year, but short of making a costume from scratch I doubt I'll find one (and I'm too lazy to make it).

-DM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll get us started.

http://www.nightmarefactory.com/superhero.html

They have FF, Doom, Spidey, G. Goblin, Hulk, Supes, WW, Xena, Mr. Incredible, Cap, Robocop?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:46 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

If only it were for sale...

Attachment: wz20030924-halloweenl.gif
This has been downloaded 569 time(s).

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 04:53 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

That's a pretty nice Doom mask on that site.

And that robocop costume is the most hilariously terrible thing I've ever seen.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 05:44 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

< going as the Invisible Woman...well, maybe the Invisible Man, no one will be able to tell the difference wink

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 06:50 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

I wore an ubercheap She-Venom costume last year.
i was a samurai the year before that... a werewolf the year before that... Ceres Victoria (vampire cop of Hellsing) before that... and 7 of 9 (former borg of Star Trek Voyager) the year before that... Do more candy handing out then collecting in recent years. That and watching horror movie marathons.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 08:37 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

you can't go wrong with a Supergirl costume Digi

remember when Pheobe wore one in Friends?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 11:10 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Supergirl?? Yeah I'll remember that...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, I'm working on piecing together a "The Doctor" costume out of old clothes, spray paint, and some random accesories. Once I get the crack addiction I'll be set. My laziness didn't pay off, can't find it online, but once I got the idea in my head I had to try it.

If all works well I'll get a pic on the forum if I can (my scanner's dead but I'll figure something out) since no one from my regular (See: Non-dorky) life will have any idea who he is, nor will they care. But I'll just turn their heads into daisies....yeah, we'll see who's laughing then.confused big grin

I also saw a badass Venom mask the other day. Not a fan (and Spidey costumes generally suck) but Venom Girl woulda loved it...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 04:20 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
If all works well I'll get a pic on the forum if I can (my scanner's dead but I'll figure something out) since no one from my regular (See: Non-dorky) life will have any idea who he is, nor will they care. But I'll just turn their heads into daisies....yeah, we'll see who's laughing then.confused big grin

see that's the thing.... i could go to a Halloween party with a perfect replica of The Doctor's costume.... and no one would know who i was (comics are not huge in Scotland)... hell, when ever i mention most mainstream characters to friends/family most people have no idea what the f**k i'm talking about

when i heard they were making an Iron Fist movie i told a couple of people... blank stares

went to see a film a while ago with a mate... the FF trailer comes on..... he asks "who the f**k are they?"

my bro and sis (who both know of my comic collection..... and have been forced to learn slightly more than the normal person) don't know who Captain America is

my bro thinks Superman is the most powerful guy in comics ..... when we were doing that first amalgam tourney he kept saying "just take Superman... who can beat him?".... when i answered with a list of a ton of people he just turned and walked away

rant over.....for now

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 04:55 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

BEHOLD!

Attachment: x-23.jpg
This has been downloaded 506 time(s).

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 05:47 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

That's..... not you, is it?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 08:13 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

it is... sad

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 02:32 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

nice boots

freak

stick out tongue

lol... jk

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 02:44 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
see that's the thing.... i could go to a Halloween party with a perfect replica of The Doctor's costume.... and no one would know who i was (comics are not huge in Scotland)... hell, when ever i mention most mainstream characters to friends/family most people have no idea what the f**k i'm talking about

when i heard they were making an Iron Fist movie i told a couple of people... blank stares

went to see a film a while ago with a mate... the FF trailer comes on..... he asks "who the f**k are they?"

my bro and sis (who both know of my comic collection..... and have been forced to learn slightly more than the normal person) don't know who Captain America is

my bro thinks Superman is the most powerful guy in comics ..... when we were doing that first amalgam tourney he kept saying "just take Superman... who can beat him?".... when i answered with a list of a ton of people he just turned and walked away

rant over.....for now

I understand. I get the same thing all the time. I was discussing the amalgam tourney with a friend at one point and he told me to take Morph (because he was the only guy he remembered from the old cartoon show). Apparently he thinks Morph is a lot better than he really is.

But I'll just have fun explaining who The Doctor is, especially as I get steadily more drunk at whatever party I'm at. Frustrating attempts to manipulate matter while sloshed will be much better than actually getting recognized as a mainstream character. big grin

Got my list now too...blue turtleneck, purple vest, cut-off gloves, boots, red goggle thingies, black pants, colored hair (I'm thinking orange). Should be interesting...

-DM

P.S. Haha. Nice Wolverine costume...but where are the claws??

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 04:17 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I bought the stuff...actually going as The Doctor. No one will know who I am nor will they care...but it'll at least be fun for me. It was also surprisingly cheap to cobble together the necesary stuff for the costume.

Grape Ape was my first choice this year (the old Hanna Barbera cartoon) but The Doctor will be cool too.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:08 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Bump!

I'm thinking about doing something like I did last year.

For those who don't know, I was The Doctor from The Authority for Halloween last year. Can't trick-or-treat anymore (obviously) but it made for a weird story at parties as people lost interest as I explained who he was. lol....good times. wink

Current front-runner in "super heroes I'd like to dress up as this year" is Thor. The chance to speak pseudo-Shakespearean English while wielding the Mighty Mjolnir seems too cool to me.

...more to come...

:dork:

P.S. I really just came back here to see jin in his costume again.

stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 10:03 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

no expression

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 10:39 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

i would go as flash.....................if no one knos who u are.....speedblitz them

no expression

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 10:47 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

...I'll have to find those pics of me as the Doctor and re-post them. Good stuff. cool

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 11:50 PM
Darth Vicious

Not that many good oes for the guys here but for the gurls there are some pretty good one, specially the BatWoman costume.

http://search.joke.co.uk/cgi-bin/se...r+hero+costumes

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 12:06 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote