KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Halloween

Comic Book Halloween
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

6 months later n I'm no closer to my Spawn dream. Any other suggestions for 6 months worth of prep for awesomeness?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:56 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
6 months later n I'm no closer to my Spawn dream. Any other suggestions for 6 months worth of prep for awesomeness?

Dress as Mac from Firefly, but then tell everyone you're actually his character from Castle, that one episode where he dressed up for Halloween like his character from Firefly.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 01:20 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Digi
Dress as Mac from Firefly, but then tell everyone you're actually his character from Castle, that one episode where he dressed up for Halloween like his character from Firefly.

Mal. Who ever called him Mac?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 01:23 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ha, oops. Typo. I've been watching a lot of "Always Sunny..." recently.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

My dreams of a Wonder Man outfit for this year depend on a 400 dollar pair of Oakley glasses.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 04:11 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Buy knock-offs?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:00 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Found this by accident online. Think with some paint it'd be a nice start on a spawn costume but can't find the part I want, chest piece, for sale anywhere on the same site or otherwise.

Here's the link I stumbled upon.
http://www.trendyhalloween.com/Demo...eeth-P8477.aspx

Don't ask me how I got there I was looking for the cheapest price on this costume for the renaissance fair coming up next month.

http://www.purecostumes.com/hallowe...lt-costume.html

Attachment: demonhornswithteeth.jpg
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 12:34 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Digi
Ha, oops. Typo. I've been watching a lot of "Always Sunny..." recently.
Understandable mistake. thumb up

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 01:26 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Aw, man. I freakin' love Halloween. Two years ago, I started a mercenary/original superhero who's costume has evolved throughout the years.

At first I started with a black fedora, red bandana, and a black suit with a long cape for a 1930's look with black suspenders to top the look. It was supposed to be the golden age version of my superhero costume. Since then, I moved to a 90's grunge look with a more realistic look, then what it is today.

Last year, for a costume party and contest, we decided to do a Blackest Night theme, so not wanting to abandon my suit I've spent years workin' with, I just made it fit into the Red Lantern-lore.

(please log in to view the image)

My lovely slaves

Oh, me

Modified Gauntlets that have more pull out blades.

Jacket made out of a bullet proof vest

Blackest Night Selection Screen by Glenn Baby, on Flickr

^^Group shot of us

This is the most updated look to the suit, but for this year, I've ditched the red lantern logo for my own logo, may add crossed katanas to my back along with an assault rifle. Already have thigh holster with a magnum and a kukri knife. The plan is to have three of my other buds make similar suits with different colored accents to go in-theme with the red goat I bear.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 03:33 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Holy sh*t Scythe. That's pretty badass. Keep us posted if you modify it more.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 04:14 AM
Scythe
The Goat

For sure. Last mods that were done on it, were on the mask. I installed several LEDs that pulsate and shit.

Added a utility belt with a baggy full of cheerios in case I get hungreh.

The mask is now attached to a ski-mask so that it's strap-less and easier to put on.

And one of my buds helped me airbrush my wheelchair black and red as well as paint my insignia on the back.

WD from here spotted me at Wondercon and uploaded this vid.

I'm missing like hundreds of weapons though, didn't really need them since I have a Rage Ring, har har her har. I had a blast bein' a red lantern though, we were asked to volunteer alot to visit sick kids in hospitals with other costumed folks for like a year and half. Haven't been able to do very many costume meets due to work and scheduling crap. The cosplay group I'm sometimes in did Anime Expo and I'm not sure if I'm doin' it again this year, I'm more of a comic-con kinda guy.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 05:37 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Scythe
Added a utility belt with a baggy full of cheerios in case I get hungreh.
This made me lol.

Great effin' costume, btw. Pretty amazing. The budget at the Halloween parties you guys go to must be a LOT bigger then the ones I go to. sad

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 05:42 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Galan007
This made me lol.

Great effin' costume, btw. Pretty amazing. The budget at the Halloween parties you guys go to must be a LOT bigger then the ones I go to. sad

Well thanks, man. Our group's budget isn't as big as the other cosplay groups that we annually contend with, and that's simply because we make our own shit. The first year we started doin' this, we chose for a full-blown 1930's theme with golden age versions what are now our superhero costumes and we totally lost cuz most of the anime themed groups had badass costumes. the second year, the owners of the bar and the college we go to for Halloween parties started wisin' up and noticing that most people were buying their costumes online and not spendin' any time on them, since their rules state that the costumes need to be handmade and such if it's a superhero/anime themed. I think only the people who dress up as movie characters are allowed to have store bought accessories.

Last edited by Scythe on Apr 24th, 2012 at 05:54 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 05:51 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

HOLY CRAP!!!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 6th, 2012 10:13 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Scythe is the man !

Old Post May 6th, 2012 10:16 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Don Corleone
Scythe is the man !

Horribly mispelt goat, teehee.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 02:39 AM
Badabing
Karen

Wow Scythe, I'm glad I wandered into this thread. Great costume!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:19 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Badabing
Wow Scythe, I'm glad I wandered into this thread. Great costume!

Old Post May 7th, 2012 07:26 AM
-K-M-

Yeah well done on the mask Scythe. Cool design.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 02:39 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah well done on the mask Scythe. Cool design.

Thanks, man. I'm planning on getting slipstream goggles to mount underneath that're one-way reflective but it's proving to be a pain in the ass looking for them in the shape and mold I need them. I seriously want to make that my next update to the mask, the black eye make-up is a pain to work with.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:32 AM