KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Is Superman the ultimate Superhero?

Is Superman the ultimate Superhero?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Have I any proof? (the answer is definitely yes) Me. I'm no F. fanboy, you wish dude. I renounce nothing, fall back.

Your gonna have some shitty ass hands cause you hold an obvious and unreasonable amount of animosity towards opposing choices that you consider to be competition. You've gotten mad offensive to me and others who don’t hail complete and utter devotion to the idea of Spiderman being the Ultimate superhero. And all you've been doing is looking for every opportunity to not answer questions directly and insult others like me whose opinions differ from yours.

Even though you probably will not answer this question at all, and if you do, it won't be directly, I'll still ask it. Can you tell me how I've been a fanboy. I'm analytical so answer it carefully so as to not get seen up real hard this time again, cause you're right about 1 thing, this shit is getting tiresome. So answer, with no digressions and no disintegrations.

If you will.

I tend to say alot about you with no evidence, LMAO, are you F. serious. I reference your statements precisely in quotes in verbatim (word for word) testimony also including the exact dates that I add as reference just incase you wanna look it up. I use your actual literal word down to the letter, WTF are you talking about no evidence. It's all I use. Evidence in the form of actual textual verbatim statements directly from your posts. It's your shit. These are your words, what do you mean I say alot with no evidence? Wow, I can't believe you just accused me of speculating shit, lol. Now you're just F. desperate. laughing

And oh, another question for you that you won't answer. Can you tell me who has gone against my saying that Superman is the Ultimate Superhero besides yourself?

- North
This statement may scream of fanboyism to you skeptics, but I'll have to honestly say, that as I write this post, no superhero in any comic can defeat Superman in a fight. In and out of the DC realm.

To me, the Ultimate Superhero is the mightiest being. And that's Superman.

You can't be the Ultimate Superhero if your not the mightiest. Popular or not. And I know Thor comes up but it shouldn't cause he's only the mighty Thor while Supes is the mightiest.

Mighty - Having or showing great power, skill, strength, or force: a mighty orator; a mighty blow.

Most Superheroes are mighty. But being the mightiest means to be mighty to an extreme degree. That's Ultimate. Just like Superman is.
This is when I 1st smelled fanboy on you. It gets worse though
No offence taken but it's obviously not common knowledge to some, without mentioning any specific names, you know who you are, but you did read the question right just in-case, BobbyD. It's the way I intended it to be understood. If Superman epitomizes the words "Ultimate Superhero". And I saw YES. without a doubt, no questions ask. Period.

And for those who believe that Superman, at this point, can be defeated in a fight by any superhero in comic book existence, may you list the names of superheros that can literally beat Superman in a hand to hand fight, please? Thank you.
Changed it to a fist fight because some can use his kryptonite and his other weaknesses against him. Might as well have said "I'm a fanboy. I really don't want Supes to lose, so I make up conditions that should help Supes win." Pretty bad......but it still gets worse.
Yea, that's right a hand to hand fight. Know why I wrote that? Because I know you gonna come out with the "Kryptonite" argument. Which is understandable, but lets make the fight happen it without the green rock involved. And since Superman Prime is Superman at his most powerful, can anyone please name an opponent who will defeat Prime in an up & up fight? I wanna see this.

And Brainchild, I said you were trying to equate Spiderman's style of fighting with the Matrix style of fighting. You even said it yourself, quote (paraphrasing): "The Matrix fights are like Spideystyle fighting" but then a few posts later you wrote that in no way, do you think and never wrote/said that the Matrix and Spiderman are similar in any way. You can't get more blatantly contradicting than that, man.

Superman opens up a can on the teen webhead when it comes to who's the more ultimate. Being popular can come second for me, if I was a superhero. Because popularity cannot touch being the Ultimate. being the Ultimate is on a higher algebra. And that goes for any other Superhero anyone else pits against Superman P., too.
sick The fanboyism is starting to make me want to vomit here. Now it's not just a fight, it's a fist fight. And now it's not just Supes. It's Supes Prime. Should've just said "I'm a fanboy and I think that if I make the fight as simple for Supes as possible and upgrade Supes so much I use one that doesn't currently exist that Supes will win. I hate the idea of Supes losing so much that I'll put any stupid rules I can think of to help Supes out. I'm quite pathetic." And you still hold on to the contradiction falsehood because you don't remember or comprehend what you read. Shame.

You've said that Supes couldn't be defeated in a fight by any other hero. A couple of people besides myself do not agree.

People may not agree w/me on Spidey being the Ultimate, but that's cool. I respect their right to opinion. You on the other hand use non-hilarius insults and misinterpretations because you can't accept that someone might not agree w/you(and because you don't know what a contradiction islaughing )

Last edited by I-Drop on Dec 12th, 2005 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 03:51 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

Who is the Ultimate?

Here's a shocker! Superman is the ultimate superhero... Doh! didn't see that coming, just put into google, look for a poll which has been going on for a while now and superman has cleaned house on the poll, which has had some silly number put a vote in.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 03:52 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

Re: Who is the Ultimate?

Originally posted by MattDay
Here's a shocker! Superman is the ultimate superhero... Doh! didn't see that coming, just put into google, look for a poll which has been going on for a while now and superman has cleaned house on the poll, which has had some silly number put a vote in.

nearly a billion lol just checked

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 03:52 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"This statement may scream of fanboyism to you skeptics, but I'll have to honestly say, that as I write this post, no superhero in any comic can defeat Superman in a fight. In and out of the DC realm.

To me, the Ultimate Superhero is the mightiest being. And that's Superman. "

Not may. It does.

Captain Marvel has "mightiest" on its pun name. That makes him mightier than Superman who doesnt, wouldnt you agree.

"And for those who believe that Superman, at this point, can be defeated in a fight by any superhero in comic book existence, may you list the names of superheros that can literally beat Superman in a hand to hand fight, please? Thank you."

Hand to Hand?

Wonder Woman (who he already lost to, twice)

Orion

Thor

Heracles

Hulk

Forgotten One.

To name a few.

"Yea, that's right a hand to hand fight. Know why I wrote that? Because I know you gonna come out with the "Kryptonite" argument. Which is understandable, but lets make the fight happen it without the green rock involved"

Right.

But none of the above need any green K to win against Supes h2h.

"but lets make the fight happen it without the green rock involved. And since Superman Prime is Superman at his most powerful, can anyone please name an opponent who will defeat Prime in an up & up fight? I wanna see this."

What do you know of Prime exactly. Ever saw him doing anything other than defeating an opponent Kyle would have?

You also have:

Rune Thor/Odinpower Thor

Odin/Zeus

Lucifer/Michael

The Presence

Spectre

To name a few.

Again. This is pathetic.

"And Brainchild, I said you were trying to equate Spiderman's style of fighting with the Matrix style of fighting. You even said it yourself, quote (paraphrasing): "The Matrix fights are like Spideystyle fighting" but then a few posts later you wrote that in no way, do you think and never wrote/said that the Matrix and Spiderman are similar in any way. You can't get more blatantly contradicting than that, man".

What does Spiderman style of fighting has to do with Superman?

Brainchild is actually right. That post has more lunacy than Bush invading Iraq.

Last edited by olympian on Dec 13th, 2005 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 12:12 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Edit:

"That post has as much lunacy as Bush invading Iraq."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 12:42 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by brainchild81
This is when I 1st smelled fanboy on you. It gets worse though Changed it to a fist fight because some can use his kryptonite and his other weaknesses against him. Might as well have said "I'm a fanboy. I really don't want Supes to lose, so I make up conditions that should help Supes win." Pretty bad......but it still gets worse.sick The fanboyism is starting to make me want to vomit here. Now it's not just a fight, it's a fist fight. And now it's not just Supes. It's Supes Prime. Should've just said "I'm a fanboy and I think that if I make the fight as simple for Supes as possible and upgrade Supes so much I use one that doesn't currently exist that Supes will win. I hate the idea of Supes losing so much that I'll put any stupid rules I can think of to help Supes out. I'm quite pathetic." And you still hold on to the contradiction falsehood because you don't remember or comprehend what you read. Shame.

You've said that Supes couldn't be defeated in a fight by any other hero. A couple of people besides myself do not agree.

People may not agree w/me on Spidey being the Ultimate, but that's cool. I respect their right to opinion. You on the other hand use non-hilarius insults and misinterpretations because you can't accept that someone might not agree w/you(and because you don't know what a contradiction islaughing )

Yea, im thru with you. This shit is pointless now. You know a thread's getting sloppy when it becomes cyclical.

It's been more than a month of this shit, I'm good, lol We just have different views thats all. I believe Superman is the Ultimate Superhero and you believe Spiderman is. Too bad.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 05:18 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by olympian
To me, the Ultimate Superhero is the mightiest being. And that's Superman. "

Not may. It does.

Captain Marvel has "mightiest" on its pun name. That makes him mightier than Superman who doesnt, wouldnt you agree.

Hand to Hand?

Wonder Woman (who he already lost to, twice)

Orion Thor Heracles Hulk Forgotten One.
To name a few.

What do you know of Prime exactly. Ever saw him doing anything other than defeating an opponent Kyle would have?

You also have:

Rune Thor/Odinpower Thor Odin/Zeus Lucifer/Michael The Presence
Spectre

To name a few.

Again. This is pathetic.

"And Brainchild, I said you were trying to equate Spiderman's style of fighting with the Matrix style of fighting. You even said it yourself, quote (paraphrasing): "The Matrix fights are like Spideystyle fighting" but then a few posts later you wrote that in no way, do you think and never wrote/said that the Matrix and Spiderman are similar in any way. You can't get more blatantly contradicting than that, man".

What does Spiderman style of fighting has to do with Superman?

Brainchild is actually right. That post has more lunacy than Bush invading Iraq.

Captain Marvel's pun is "Earth's Mightiest Mortal", you strumpet. How does that make him mightier than Superman, who is immortal. so NO, I don't agree.

I honestly believe you mentioned those names sarcastically. Just to ignite something I think, cause you were joking,... right?

..well, right??

What does Spideystyle have to do with Superman? If you've been reading the past 10 or 11 posts, n00b, you'd know. Go find out the answers for your own pathetic next time, invalid.

Brainchild is right? You seem as if you formed a stern opinion just because some one else said so. Or maybe your questionably interested in him, who knows, but I digress,

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 05:33 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ultimate in what context?

In terms of power? No... In terms of Skill? No...

In terms of coming through when the shit hits the fan and putting his life on the line for all of humanity... Yeah, just a bit...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 02:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

This thread is starting to actually get comical now. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 03:00 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate100
Quietly taking it all in.

I just spent an hour reading all these posts and i want my money back.

For what its worth, i think they both rock and IMO i dont think i could nail who is the ultimate.

i would love to be able to fly thou......

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 04:10 PM
nate100 is currently offline Click here to Send nate100 a Private Message Find more posts by nate100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"Captain Marvel's pun is "Earth's Mightiest Mortal", you strumpet. How does that make him mightier than Superman, who is immortal. so NO, I don't agree."

Hes immortal with what base? He ages in continuity, last i checked someone who is immortal doesnt age.

Shows how much you know.

And Superman its still not called "mightiest" while Marvel is...oh boy.

"I honestly believe you mentioned those names sarcastically. Just to ignite something I think, cause you were joking,... right?"

No.

I mentioned them because they can win against a version of said character whos done jack of impressive note.

And the h2h ones definatly can win against regular Supes.

"What does Spideystyle have to do with Superman? If you've been reading the past 10 or 11 posts, n00b, you'd know. Go find out the answers for your own pathetic next time, invalid"

I dont need to read them because simply Superman does not have anything to do with his fighting style and vice versa.

The fact you even discuss something that has no comparation for posts and posts really shows who is the noob.

har har.

"Brainchild is right? You seem as if you formed a stern opinion just because some one else said so. Or maybe your questionably interested in him, who knows, but I digress,"

No. I agree hes right about YOU because i can see you are wrong.

Same way you cant prove Superman beats every hero when he has lost before and will continue to do so.

Last edited by olympian on Dec 13th, 2005 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:15 PM
Demas

Without reading everything that came before, I'd say that Superman, properly written, can be the ultimate hero. One definition of hero says, "a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength" which is certainly possible for Superman to be written in that way.

My own definition of hero includes the idea that it's a person people aspire to be... Superman has the combination of history, personality, popularity, powers, and pedigree like no other comic hero enabling him to legitimately claim the title of Ultimate Hero, in my opinion.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 08:16 PM
Demas is currently offline Click here to Send Demas a Private Message Find more posts by Demas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Well said, Demas. Bingo.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 08:47 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Superman's the only character I know with no interest but for the safety of others, and thats it. Period. There are no hidden agendas, no repressed bad memories, no depression. Just pure unadulterated selflessness to the max. And he purely does it just it because it's just and fair and he willingly takes no credit for it. Superman's genuine passion is to help those in need to the best of his heavenly abilities with-out asking or expecting so much as a Thank you. He also defines the the modest Superhero. These are just some of the reasons why Superman is the Ultimate Superhero to me. It's like to him, you're first, then it's him.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 09:22 PM
olympian

That you present that as your opinion is one thing. Presenting as a fact its another very different.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 10:19 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Olympian, it is subjective. However, if you were to ask everyone who the epitomy of the Ultimate Superhero is, I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 people say Superman.

Worse, even those not familiar with comics, wold probably say Superman, which probably proves how popular he is, and who people think of first if you were to ask these same people this question.

Supes is an icon, like it or not.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 10:28 PM
olympian

Im willing to bet that 9 out of 10 on non comic readers its maybe scretching it.

My point however isent saying if Supes its an icon or not.

Obviously and of course he is. Id be dumb if i said he isent. I like the character, or better said and honest some versions of it.

The point is the blatant bias that claims he beats everyone. That would ignoring there are characters who can match, win and others who isent even a contest.

Just that.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 10:42 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto. That's why I called him a fanboy.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 10:57 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Ahhhhhh, I follow you guys now. Well, understand that all characters will have fanboys, guys. It is what it is.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 10:58 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

True. Some fanboys get ridiculous w/it though.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 10:48 PM