KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Quicksilver

Respect Quicksilver
Started by: Hit and Run

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Flash is da best...

Flash is a walking deus ex machina of speed powers who can go at light speed and still gets his ass kicked by Mr.freeze 2.0,a guy with a boomerang, and a talking gorilla.

at least Pietro has never ran into a sword . a fist yeah but a sword no.

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:03 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

hehehe its funny and true big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:24 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I could show a scan of Spider-Man knocking QS out but I won't disrespect him in his own thread (in QS's defense it was a long time ago and Classic QS is nowhere near current QS).

If you mean their first fight, then I wouldn't mind at all. The whole fight showed that even someone with Spider-Man's reflexes could not easily hit classic Quicksilver. QS running into SM's arm was just stupidity on his part, but if he hadn't fallen for that tactic, he probably would have won (not to diss Spider-Man or anything, I'm just saying).

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 10:27 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

northstar propels himself in an entirely different fashion than quicksilver. aside from that, his "cruising speed" is mach 10, whereas quicksilver's top functioning speed is somewhere between mach 4 and 5. noone's arguing northstar's slower than quicksilver, it's just unfair to compare the two, given the entirely different sources of their speed.

and to say "even northstar" was to imply that northstar was somehow slow, or a low standard for pietro to fall short of. that's just not the case.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 11:05 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Scoobless
that's Giant-Man!

*stoooopid fan of canadian superteam.... can't even tell one Avenger from another*

stick out tongue

No your right, I posted the wrong pic. I was going to post the pic of Quicksilver actually flying by kicking his legs really fast. Now I feel like a prick

Originally posted by Disappear
northstar propels himself in an entirely different fashion than quicksilver. aside from that, his "cruising speed" is mach 10, whereas quicksilver's top functioning speed is somewhere between mach 4 and 5. noone's arguing northstar's slower than quicksilver, it's just unfair to compare the two, given the entirely different sources of their speed.

and to say "even northstar" was to imply that northstar was somehow slow, or a low standard for pietro to fall short of. that's just not the case.

Quicksilver still has been shown at go at least mach 10 speed, such as even running from Genosha to Latveria in split seconds [House of M] and yes their abilities are different. However, Northstar has leg speed abilities as well and he ran roughly mach 18.7.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...nfare_28_03.jpg
speed=distance/time
speed=4500km/30min
speed=150 km/min

When I said that I did not mean Northstar or Quicksilver are slow, that's just how DC took it and didn't bother correcting it since it's pretty obvious neither are slow. I actually even said in multiple threads that Quicksilver overall is far a much better character than Northstar. He was the first speedster I liked, then Flash, then Aurora and well...I never liked Northstar.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:57 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Whizzer is the supreme speedster!

Attachment: ronlimflashwhizzer001.jpg
This has been downloaded 494 time(s).

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 03:19 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

To make up posting the wrong picture, I will begin to post several Quicksilver feats. Here's just two since I just posted 35 scans in the Alpha Flight thread
---------------
Infinite Crusade #5-Here he beats Cyclops
1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...Flight3/QS1.jpg

Infinite Crusade #5-After Aurora takes out Speedball, both her and Quicksilver take out Iron Man
1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...Flight3/QS2.jpg

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 03:32 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Whizzer is the supreme speedster!

Gee, maybe I should have done a respect thread about him instead.

*thinks about it*

hmmm... nahh stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 03:54 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

BTW you probally noticed I reposted your scans from your first post, but their higher quality. Hope you didn't mind.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 04:07 AM
Disappear

when quicksilver ran from eastern europe to the US and back, he was travelling somewhere over mach 4. that speed tore through his boots and injured his feet, making it a typical, "functional" speed for him to operate under. HoM shouldn't properly count as a speed feat, considering whatever unknown variables could exist within that universe that would not here (namely, the all-excusing wanda.) i know that northstar can "run" as well as fly, but the propulsion remains the same, though applied differently. if quicksilver's legs could move due to redirected atomic-level kinetics, as opposed to the rapid twitching of the various leg muscles, i'm sure he'd be noticably faster as well. but, until they're operating under the same parameters, a truly "fair" comparison don't exist.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:31 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by King_Mungi
BTW you probally noticed I reposted your scans from your first post, but their higher quality. Hope you didn't mind.

No, I'm fine with that. Those pictures really are better and I'll take any improvements. Thanks though.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 12:25 PM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Even back in his early appearances Quicksilver always been far more durable than peak humans...

1. http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/...abilitya7ty.jpg
2. http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/...abilityb8wq.jpg

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:05 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Pietro makes a very tall sand bag wall in no time at all.

1. http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/...icksandb5vo.jpg

Did anyone read all of Quicksilver's series from a few years back? With the Knights of Wundagore? There's bound to be some good feats in that. I've only got the first few issues, but i should be able to get some from that.

Anyone else reading Son of M? First issue was great. I'm hoping that the mini results in Pietro becoming Marvel's premier speedster like he should be.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:09 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Anyone else reading Son of M? First issue was great. I'm hoping that the mini results in Pietro becoming Marvel's premier speedster like he should be.

I agree, it was great issue. And I also hope he gets his speed back, preferably to an enhanced level.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 05:56 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:48 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Disappear
when quicksilver ran from eastern europe to the US and back, he was travelling somewhere over mach 4. that speed tore through his boots and injured his feet, making it a typical, "functional" speed for him to operate under. HoM shouldn't properly count as a speed feat, considering whatever unknown variables could exist within that universe that would not here (namely, the all-excusing wanda.) i know that northstar can "run" as well as fly, but the propulsion remains the same, though applied differently. if quicksilver's legs could move due to redirected atomic-level kinetics, as opposed to the rapid twitching of the various leg muscles, i'm sure he'd be noticably faster as well. but, until they're operating under the same parameters, a truly "fair" comparison don't exist.

I'm postive I have seen him another time run at least mach 10.

Well Northstar without using kinetic energy has superhuman strength in his legs. That is what I was talking about

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:09 PM
Accel

I now have access to a scanner so I should be able to post up more pics of feats soon.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 10:20 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

not majorly impressive... but shows some skill and the ability to improvise

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 11:45 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by King_Mungi
I was going to post the pic of Quicksilver actually flying by kicking his legs really fast. Now I feel like a prick

On this cover, he appears to be flying:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/a.../avengers45.jpg

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:08 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Hit and Run
On this cover, he appears to be flying:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/a.../avengers45.jpg

Naaaa, it was an actual scan of him flying. I saved over it with the wrong pic. I will try to get it shortly

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:08 PM