KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Quicksilver

Respect Quicksilver
Started by: Hit and Run

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Disappear

never heard of northstar having superhuman strength, just increasingly superhuman durability that comes with the extents of his speed.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 01:21 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disappear
never heard of northstar having superhuman strength, just increasingly superhuman durability that comes with the extents of his speed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rthstarback.jpg

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 01:38 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

far be it from me to doubt the dependability of a handbook entry fresh out of a three-ring binder, but how has that ever held up in canon? handbooks have been full of errors from the beginning, and can hardly be considered accurate in all things.

not only that, but as at least two others have argued (though i still disagree,) the "revolution" would have changed the fundamental nature of northstar's powers, thus making his speed a derivative of a non-physical mutation such as quicksilver's.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:00 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

far be it from me to doubt the dependability of a handbook entry fresh out of a three-ring binder, but how has that ever held up in canon? handbooks have been full of errors from the beginning, and can hardly be considered accurate in all things.

not only that, but as at least two others have argued (though i still disagree,) the "revolution" would have changed the fundamental nature of northstar's powers, thus making his speed a derivative of a non-physical mutation such as quicksilver's.

Have we seen him lift weights with his legs? I don't know. The only close thing that comes to him showing superhuman strength with his legs is him running great speeds. Aurora had the same thing with the handbooks. Also who cares if it is from a three-ring binder, fine here's a high quality one....
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...rEdition-13.jpg

What revolution?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:17 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

the "revolution" happened in 2000, where a lot of books were revamped, and a lot of powers (apparently) reclassified. my comment about the three ring binder was merely to point out how old the handbook was, and how with the "newer" definition of northstar's powers, the part about the enhanced strength may not apply.

if his powers function by directing "ambient" kinetic energy on an atomic level so that it creates a form of propulsion, you're essentially robbing a working environment of much of its kinetic energy. this, conceivably, creates only potential energy in its place, making the high-speed body part much SLOWER on a more finite level (atomically, molecularly, cellularly...) and, as is a fundamental principle where matter is involved, "slower" states of matter are more resistant to what could be considered convential injury than are "faster" states. solid v. liquid, for example.

thus, as myself and others i've seen(read)/talked to see it, northstar's variety of propulsion creates an escalating endurance as speed rises, which rather conveniently protects him from not only typical harm, but from the backlash of his own powers in terms of running.

given that theory, there's no reason for him to possess superhuman strength, thus making an unproven stipulation from a pre-revolution handbook rather incorrect.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:27 AM
-K-M-

No need to go to indepth with this debate since were going off-topic, we should continue this via pm. Well considering if your running mach speeds on the ground even though you manipulate kinetic energy your leg muscles are going to increase no matter what actions your going to take. I don't see how this is an error, since he's a mutant he could have other features to him...heck for awhile they thought the twins were Asgardian elves [pointed ears].

As of now Northstar's durability has greatly increased. Prior to him being resurrected by the Hand he could not just fly right though people or through sentinels, because it would harm him. Now he can go mach three and collide into people and go through sentinels like they were cotten candy. I have no idea what he is capable now or what his powers consist of. Here is his recent handbook entry...still the same powers
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...k-northstar.jpg

Even an older handbook entry
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c..._11_rougher.jpg

Last edited by -K-M- on Jan 7th, 2006 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:44 AM
Accel

In a HoM issue of Black Panther #7, Quicksilver runs from Tuscany to Kenya delivering an ice-cream cone before it can melt:
http://www.buzzscope.com/previewer.php?id=4721&p=1

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 03:08 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uberking Robert
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Flash is da best...

Flash is a queer.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:33 AM
Uberking Robert is currently offline Click here to Send Uberking Robert a Private Message Find more posts by Uberking Robert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Uberking Robert
Flash is a queer.

Now I wouldn't say that. The Flash is pretty cool in my opinion. I just like Quicksilver more.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:02 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Does any body else have any Quicksilver feats?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:09 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by Hit and Run
Does any body else have any Quicksilver feats?

No. You know why? because he's a queer.

I kid I kid. he's one of my favorite characters. anyone else reading son of M. Ive wanted to but can't because i don't have the money for another book.

Anyway I heard

spoilers since I don't know how to to do those grey things.

That he exposed himself to the mist yet nothing happened. But when he went to his room he found another Pietro in there.

I really hope it's just a dream or something. Let Madrox be madrox and Quicksilver be Quicksliver. give him back his speed and amp it up to at least Mach 20.

End spoilers.

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:24 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

it is very simple to make spoiler tags. type the word "spoiler" and then place brackets, [], on either side. it will look like [spoiler]. then, when you're done writing your spoiler, type "/spoiler" and put brackets around that. [/spoiler]

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: it lets you hide what you write, without putting in all those annoying blank lines.

also, relating to son of m, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: i believe the "second pietro" has something to do with the red crystal luna gave him at the beginning of the issue, as he's sitting most menacingly in petey's quarters with the crystal in hand. and, his eyes are glowing. and the terrigenesis didn't work.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:04 PM
Accel

it is very simple to make spoiler tags. type the word "spoiler" and then place brackets, [], on either side. it will look like [spoiler]. then, when you're done writing your spoiler, type "/spoiler" and put brackets around that. [/spoiler]

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: it lets you hide what you write, without putting in all those annoying blank lines.

also, relating to son of m, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: i believe the "second pietro" has something to do with the red crystal luna gave him at the beginning of the issue, as he's sitting most menacingly in petey's quarters with the crystal in hand. and, his eyes are glowing. and the terrigenesis didn't work.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I never heard of a second Pietro, but I do keep hearing that Quicksilver will betray the Inhumans. Could this second Pietro possibly be the traitor and the real Quicksilver become his scapegoat?

By the way, thanks for demonstrating how to use spoiler tags smile

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:11 PM
Accel

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 05:55 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Has Son of M #2 come out yet?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 06:31 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

yep.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: pietro's been taken to attilan, where crystal gets him a healer as per the preview. while he's getting fixed up, she and gorgon go back and forth about how pietro shouldn't be there. blackbolt, apparently, has the final say (off panel) and he's allowed to hang out. in his chambers, pietro meets up with his daughter luna, now 6, and they catch up. she gives him a glowing red crystal her friend san made especially for him. the two go on a little journey into attilan, where she introduces her father to some blind telepath type. there, pietro is able to show luna images of the sea.

next, we see pietro asking permission from blackbolt and medusa to undergo "terrigenesis," the process by which the terrigen mists empower an inhuman. but, as pietro is of human descent, he's forbidden from undergoing the process. he returns to the telepath, who gives him an in-depth history of the terrigen mists (basically useless filler to anyone who already knows what they are,) and where they're kept. petey then breaks into the chamber where they're kept, and attempts to immerse himself in the mists. the process, apparently, is a failure, and quicksilver frets over the repercussions of his sacreligious act. he goes back to his room, where another quicksilver is sitting, menacingly, red crystal in hand.

the issue, actually this whole series, is a let down up til now. pietro seems completely out of character the whole time, his interactions with other characters seem strained, unnatural and almost pointless, and the story seems to be without any clear direction. there're four issues left, and he's already ****ed up the terrigen mists, and this whole "second pietro" thing will likely be resolved halfway through the third. i'm hoping against hope that hine can turn it around, but i'm pretty bummed at this point.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 08:41 AM
Accel

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 07:42 PM
-K-M-

What issue is that?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 07:51 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by King_Mungi
What issue is that?

it's during the whole Kang/Damocles base story.... around issues 50-60 i think

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 07:57 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Can't say. I just found those pics, but I don't actually have the comic. Sorry.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 07:58 PM