KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect: Cyclops...

Respect: Cyclops...
Started by: Black Adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yestinchong
Once again, when i go home, i will dig out those issues for you...

Are you home yet?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:44 AM
#1110 is currently offline Click here to Send #1110 a Private Message Find more posts by #1110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yestinchong

Originally posted by #1110
Are you home yet?

Haha....well, i don't go back to my parents' home all the time....i reckon i will be able to do it in the next week or so....

Old Post Feb 4th, 2007 10:51 PM
yestinchong is currently offline Click here to Send yestinchong a Private Message Find more posts by yestinchong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

I remember there was a debate a while ago of whether or not Cyclops's blasts travel at the speed of light. Here, it says they do...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 05:48 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yestinchong

Hey, i remember that issue...an UXM Annual, right? The one that has the words, "Ooh la la...Badoon!", or something very odd to that effect.

There's also an issue in the Dark Phoenix Saga, the one where Dazzler is introduced to them, where it says that he can fire with "the suddeness of thought". Meaning, he thinks and the beams come out just as quickly. That's another one to add to the list of things i'll find when i head off to my comics collection....

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 05:56 PM
yestinchong is currently offline Click here to Send yestinchong a Private Message Find more posts by yestinchong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Accel
I remember there was a debate a while ago of whether or not Cyclops's blasts travel at the speed of light. Here, it says they do...

(please log in to view the image)

k, i just looked at that... and well, it looks like complete cack... erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 03:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yestinchong

Originally posted by pr1983
k, i just looked at that... and well, it looks like complete cack... erm

Haha....each to their own my friend....

I finally went back and picked up some older comics from my folks' place. I found another little gem that stated that Scott's blasts do indeeed move at the speed of light.....the images will be up in a bit...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 04:18 PM
yestinchong

Ok, there's a whole load of new pics of Cyclops i've put on....

http://www.twango.com/channel/yestinchong.public

It's still playing up a bit and the order is not what i wanted it to be, but there's 14 new pics on there, with some more to come when i get the chance to.

- There's three pics from an old UXM Annual, where you can see Cyclops firing off the white optic blast after absorbing Storm's lightning. Of note from this same issie, it states that his blasts do move at light-speed. Hmmm....although i doubt that won't end the arguments from people. Like i said in an old post, look at the comment Arkon makes about courage....it's Respect within a Respect Thread!

- Then there's several pics from Marvel Comics Presents issues 17-24, where the title of the story is called "Cyclops: Retribution". This is yet another fight between Cyke and MM, where he does pretty well (the back story is that he has been infected by a virus that is slowly killing him).

When i get the chance to, i'll put up an even better (IMO) fight between Cyke and MM from X-Factor issue 14.

Enjoy!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 06:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Seems the pics i'd posted have either expired or are about to, so i'll get em sorted as soon as i can...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 05:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yestinchong

Yup, and the same link i provided just two posts above now has X-Factor issue 14 added to it - although i have no idea why the site insists on changing the order of the pictures as i wanted them to be. Eithe way, he takes out MM pretty well. The most impressive blast is probably the one shown from behind Cyke, where he completely knocks MMapart such that only the head and an arm are left....i personally think this goes to show that Cyclops holds back a LOT on living opponents....but look at his showings against Sentinel based opposition where he doesn't seem to mind cutting loose a bit, and it's a different story...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 11:01 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

I have a scan showing Wolverine getting KOed from a single strike by Cyke's optci blasts used by Rogue. Shall I post it?

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 04:11 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Yes please.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 04:14 AM
#1110 is currently offline Click here to Send #1110 a Private Message Find more posts by #1110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Jyppe
I have a scan showing Wolverine getting KOed from a single strike by Cyke's optci blasts used by Rogue. Shall I post it?

at full force when hew as no ready for hit and he got hit right in the cae if I am not mistaken

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 06:53 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by capt it up
at full force when hew as no ready for hit and he got hit right in the cae if I am not mistaken

laughing

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 11:01 AM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Originally posted by capt it up

Uh, how do you know it was full force? Do you really think Rogue tried to blast Wolverine away? She said she must be generating Cyke's optic blasts, so I don't think she was going full power at Wolvie.

He's not hit in the face either.

He wasn't braced against the blast, but I doubt he was fully suprised by it. Besides, this is Cyclops' respect thread. WTF has your comment to do with anything?
-------------------------------------------

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...Rogueblast1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...rogueblast2.jpg

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:23 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

her hand was in front of her face, and it wasnt even that big a blast...

full force? not a chance...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 11:36 PM

Awsome scans, thanks.

PS capt it up: Rogue doesn't need optic blasts to destroy wolverine. wink

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 01:09 AM
yestinchong

And from reading those scans, you can see that it was saying that Rogue absorbs part of that person's powers. Key word being "part". As the scan clearly states, she has a "measure" of Wolverine's healing factor: stands to reason then that she wouldn't necessarily have the full output of Scotty's blasts either.....

And it's still enough to KO poor Logan.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 10:13 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Destroys asteroids in space with Havok:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/...ngasteroids.jpg

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 09:50 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Uncanny X-Men Annual #3 -Arkon

The combined effort of Storm, Colossus and Cyclops help recharge the fading energy sphere that provides light and warmth to a planet.
Storm goes for broke and calls down as much lightning as she can sustain within herself(She has a limit to how much her body can filter and sustain without being overloaded) and then holds it for as long as possible. Colossus acts as a ground and makes sure none of Storms power is wasted. She then transfers the collected energy into Cyclops who metabolizes it and charges up Tony Starks machine, which restores the energy sphere surrounding the planet.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 06:43 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

quick! somebody scan AXM 23. best...cyclops moment... ever!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:44 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote