KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Fantastic Four vs Superman

who will win.
This poll is closed.
Superman 19 65.52%
Fantastic Four 10 34.48%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Fantastic Four vs Superman
Started by: Blade Cutter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Heres how Supes takes down the FF. Sues shield may temporarily save her but she will go down.

No air means no flame for Johnny.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...manvortexin.jpg

Sue's forcefields can withstand Galactus's might. I think that she can hold up against Supes.

I'm not sure if those are actually flames coming from Johnny's body. If they are, then you're right. But they might not be.

Has he ever been doused by water?

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Feb 17th, 2006 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:08 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thor and hulk have applied enough pressure in the past to cause her to nearly collapse. even 10 000 thor/hulk level blows in a matter of seconds . . . her mind wouldn't handle the strain, i don't think . . .

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:12 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Sue's forcefields can withstand Galactus's might. I think that she can hold up against Supes.

I'm not sure if those are actually flames coming from Johnny's body. If they are, then you're right. But they might not be.

Has he ever been doused by water?
I know Gladiator used his super breath to blow Johnnies flames out one time.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:12 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by leonidas
thor and hulk have applied enough pressure in the past to cause her to nearly collapse. even 10 000 thor/hulk level blows in a matter of seconds . . . her mind wouldn't handle the strain, i don't think . . .

I would imagine that Galactus is a lot stronger than either, but that certainly is something to consider.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:13 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you're likely right, but the duration of her field is sometimes in question, cc. she seems to be able to take a lot of punishment, but SOMETIMES not over a prolonged period of time. so, one blast from galactus it could withstand. multiple g shots? i don't see it my friend . . . likewise multiple supes' shots.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:15 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Supes can punch through a GL construct. I think he can do the same to Sue.

snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

I know Gladiator used his super breath to blow Johnnies flames out one time.

So he has? Well I don't exactly know the mechanism of Johnny's heat-controlling powers, but I guess Superman could do the same with his breath.

Cosmic Cube

Supes can punch through a GL construct. I think he can do the same to Sue.

I'd bet Galactus could punch through a GL construct too. But he couldn't punch through Sue's forcefield.

Besides, Sue can even deflect X rays with her radiation bending powers. How would he see her?

It is possible that he could hear her, but I'm not sure if that would be enough information with which he could place an good attack. And even then, she's still got her forcefields, so she's never defenseless.

I just can't think of a decent offense that they could mount.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:19 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sue's certainly the tough one of the group, and it might take some work, but i don't see her lasting all that long after the others fall.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:20 AM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by leonidas
sue's certainly the tough one of the group, and it might take some work, but i don't see her lasting all that long after the others fall.

Johnny is the only one who could possibly harm Superman, and his defensive abilities are simply too low. Superman wins, as far as I'm concerned.

The FF is a prep-team. Superman is just too big of a threat for them to handle without notice.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:24 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I'd bet Galactus could punch through a GL construct too. But he couldn't punch through Sue's forcefield.

Besides, Sue can even deflect X rays with her radiation bending powers. How would he see her?

It is possible that he could hear her, but I'm not sure if that would be enough information with which he could place an good attack. And even then, she's still got her forcefields, so she's never defenseless.

I just can't think of a decent offense that they could mount.
Supes can see invisible foes. He Has done it in the past. He see's them like a x-ray.

Or he can hear her like he did in the Superman/Silver Surfer crossover.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:26 AM
Cosmic Cube

Supes can see invisible foes. He Has done it in the past. He see's them like a x-ray.

Or he can hear her like he did in the Superman/Silver Surfer crossover.

He sees them with X-ray vision. Sue can bend X-rays as well. She can bend virtually any form of ambient electromagnetic radiation.

I already said that. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:30 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Supes will get through the force fields even faster than Glads did.

Attachment: glads and sue.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:32 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

He sees them with X-ray vision. Sue can bend X-rays as well. She can bend virtually any form of ambient electromagnetic radiation.

I already said that. stick out tongue
That's nice. But how would she know to do that? Does she do that all of the time?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:33 AM
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

The Thing knocking Supes backwards? I don't think so...not if Supes doesn't want to be knocked back...ever read the 2nd crossover Marvel did with DC...the one where Superman and Spider-man fought the Parasite and Doc Doom? Remember the battle between Superman and the Incredible Hulk? Remember when the Hulk couldn't even budge Superman when Superman didn't want to budge? So, if the Hulk couldn't even faze Superman with his most powerful punches, then I highly doubt The Thing could do much...unless he caught him off guard, then and only then could The Thing knock him back. But if Supes don't want to budge, he ain't budgin'!!!

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Supes will get through the force fields even faster than Glads did.

Gladiator cheated.
That's nice. But how would she know to do that? Does she do that all of the time?

Yes.

Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
The Thing knocking Supes backwards? I don't think so...not if Supes doesn't want to be knocked back...ever read the 2nd crossover Marvel did with DC...the one where Superman and Spider-man fought the Parasite and Doc Doom? Remember the battle between Superman and the Incredible Hulk? Remember when the Hulk couldn't even budge Superman when Superman didn't want to budge? So, if the Hulk couldn't even faze Superman with his most powerful punches, then I highly doubt The Thing could do much...unless he caught him off guard, then and only then could The Thing knock him back. But if Supes don't want to budge, he ain't budgin'!!!

Pre-crisis Supes.

However, Superman can fly. I think he can control his inerta so he would not be knocked back.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:34 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Human Torch is a non-factor.

Attachment: glads and torch.jpg
This has been downloaded 69 time(s).

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:37 AM
Cosmic Cube

Well, anyway I'll take a gamble and say that Galactus is stronger than Gladiator, and I think that Sue holding off Galactus is just a high end feat for her.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:38 AM
Cosmic Cube

Human Torch is a non-factor.

That's Gladiator.

Not Superman.

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:39 AM