KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » How would Gimli fare against Legolas?

How would Gimli fare against Legolas?
Started by: Cosmo Kramer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dresta

Legolas takes this, easily.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 06:17 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

quote:
Anyways, if Legolas starts with a good distance and gets a good shot he'll win. He has no real chance in melee combat.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 12:42 AM
tulakhordpwns is currently offline Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biccie

lol elves can run as well wink

Legolas would win for sure, his skill with the bow is fantastic, as is his skill with his swords.

He is very fast and would dodge gimilis attacks, even if the dwarf did get close enough.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 09:24 PM
Biccie is currently offline Click here to Send Biccie a Private Message Find more posts by Biccie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alowishis

Its all about the setting...

Range: Legolas without doubt

Sword vs Axe: While Lagolas is fast and would dodge "easily" Gimlis axe, Gimli would withstand many hits from Legolas sword. Gimly is strong and can fight with much heavier armor and a great axe. One blow of Gimlis axe would surely wound Legolas so much that the second thrust could be the fatal one. Legolas would become so dizzy and off balanced by that powerful blow and give Gimli the upper hand. With Legolas knowing this, and Gimli beeing far from a novice, I think it would be a long fight. Mostly with Legolas avoiding Gimlis axe and trying to find openings for small strikes between the much needed parries. While Gimli on the otherhand, with his remarkable fighting skills, stubbornness and endurance never would grow tire.
I Would put my money on Gimli, think I would win the bet at least 60% of the times.

Bare knuckle fight: Gimli would wipe the floor with the slender elf

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 12:56 AM
Alowishis is currently offline Click here to Send Alowishis a Private Message Find more posts by Alowishis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

I personally favour Gimli, if he could get within close range especially so. The use of an Axe against an unarmoured Elf would be quite devastating. Plus, Gimli openly wore a coat of what I assume to be Dwarven steel mail. Whilst I doubt it would turn a direct hit with an arrow, it should certain turn a glancing shot.

Although the sprinting ability of the Dwarves seems to be, at best a concoction of the script writers for the movie. I scanned through a few of the books, and the quotes about the Dwarves and their ability seem to lend lend themselves more to the idea that they have a very high endurance and are thus, suited to long distance rather than short distance sprints.

In the Silmarillion, on the making of the Dwarves in chapter "Of Aule and Yavanna"

'Aule made the Dwarves strong to endure. Therefore they are stone hard, stubborn'
and
'they suffer toil and hunger and hurt of body more hardily than all other speaking peoples'

There's quotes in Fellowship and Two Towers which also allude the the Dwarves capacity for endurance, but I am already deviating from the point so wont bore you all by posting them. Unless they are required of course, then I would be glad to.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 01:01 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

MOVIE Legolas wins.

Books, Gimli destroys him. Legolas did the least of all the fellowship (even less than the hobbits), this comes from Tolkien himself. Jackson pimped Legolas out in the movie to create an army of fanboys for him.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 05:18 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Jackson pimped Legolas out in the movie to create an army of fanboys for him.

You mean "fangirls"....right? big grin

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 08:34 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vaiem
Junior Shredder

In the movies, Legolas would take Gimli easy. But if we're going by book standards, I think Gimli would come out triumphant.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 05:49 PM
Vaiem is currently offline Click here to Send Vaiem a Private Message Find more posts by Vaiem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote