KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » MLB Talk

MLB Talk
Started by: JoeyO11

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (92): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

anyone interested in a fantasy baseball leage? I'll start one up, but Id ask to only do it if you plan on taking it somewhat seriously

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 06:52 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by forumcrew
anyone interested in a fantasy baseball leage? I'll start one up, but Id ask to only do it if you plan on taking it somewhat seriously

I might. But last time I just stopped doing it, so I don't know.

If Ryan Howard plays like he is in spring training, he will hit like 50 home-runs. He's got 7 home-runs already. He is a MONSTER. Nuff said.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:53 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

A-Rod stranded SIX baserunners yesterday, way to come through in the clutch for your country A-Rod. Im loving Griffey getting RBI's and HR's

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:29 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by forumcrew

What site?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:19 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yahoo or espn i suppose

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:50 PM
forumcrew

well i joined a public yahoo league. Heres the team I ended up with in a 12 team league.

Blue Devils
1. (3) Jo. Santana
2. (22) G. Sheffield
3. (27) J. Damon
4. (46) M. Giles
5. (51) B. Crosby
6. (70) M. Buehrle
7. (75) H. Street
8. (94) S. Hillenbrand
9. (99) J. Smoltz
10. (118) B. Jenks
11. (123) B. Giles
12. (142) J. Garland
13. (147) J. Kendall
14. (166) T. Jones
15. (171) G. Atkins
16. (190) R. Ibañez
17. (195) S. Casey
18. (214) Mi. Sweeney
19. (219) S. Shields
20. (238) K. Lofton
21. (243) B. Chen

I had never done fantasy baseball before, I think I may have drafted a pretty solid team for real life, but I dont know about stats wise. Ill have to see how it works out, I think I need to try to aquire another big hitter.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 02:47 AM
cramunit
Bovine University Grad

You'll definitely need to find more power. It is something that is essential in fantasy since it helps you in three categories (HR,R,RBI) and there are a number of players who have good power who can also hit for average and a few who can steal bases on top of that. You have to grab those guys early, but they are worth it. I always go with big bats in the first two rounds with one of those picks being a combination power hitter-base stealer and I won't even bother with pitchers until the third round at the earliest. Sometimes I won't even draft a pitcher until the seventh round and this strategy works well if you make smart picks. I succeed with this stategy almost every time I use it. I think you did good for someone without much experience. I've seen a lot of first timers (and some experienced players) do a lot worse. Bobby Crosby in the fifth round was a little early and Shea Hillenbrand in the eighth was as well, but don't sweat it. Keep up with your team and have fun.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:20 AM
cramunit is currently offline Click here to Send cramunit a Private Message Find more posts by cramunit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i did a second draft think i did better

C
J. López
(Bal - C)

1B
P. Konerko
(CWS - 1B)

2B
M. Loretta
(Bos - 2B)

3B
Á. Rodríguez
(NYY - 3B)

SS
J. Rollins
(Phi - SS)

OF
G. Sizemore
(Cle - OF)

OF
B. Bonds
(SF - OF)

OF
J. Lane
(Hou - OF)

Util
R. Ibañez
(Sea - OF)

BN
S. Hillenbrand
(Tor - 1B,3B)

BN
J. Willingham
(Fla - C)

BN
R. Belliard
(Cle - 2B)

Pitching

SP
C. Carpenter
(StL - SP)

SP
F. Hernández
(Sea - SP)

RP
T. Hoffman
(SD - RP)

RP
D. Turnbow
(Mil - RP)

P
J. Garland
(CWS - SP)

P
A. Pettitte
(Hou - SP)

P
D. Wheeler
(Hou - RP)

BN
R. Clemens
(Hou - SP) NA

BN
A. Harang
(Cin - SP)

Took bonds in round 7 and Clemens in 11

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 07:49 PM
cramunit
Bovine University Grad

You did good. Good power-speed combination with A-Rod and Sizemore. You also have good speed with Rollins and good power with Bonds and Konerko. Waiting until the seventh to draft Bonds was the right thing to do. You still got good pitching to go along with your offense. Chris Carpenter and Felix Hernandez are a great one-two punch and I'm guessing that you didn't have to use a first or second pick to get them. You did do better.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 02:51 AM
cramunit is currently offline Click here to Send cramunit a Private Message Find more posts by cramunit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

2006 MLB Season

So how about them Yankees beating the A's?

Oakland got their asses handed to them! I was surprised at Thomas' rather poor performance.

So who do you think will do good this year?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 02:42 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Last edited by DanZeke25 on Apr 5th, 2006 at 05:03 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 05:00 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I hate Jim Thome. He has to get injured for us, and then when he acutally plays strike out for us. Now we finally get rid of him and he starts doing good again. That Philadelphia's luck for ya. Oh well though Ryan Howard is WAY better and we get Aaron Rowand. THome will still strike out a whole lot for the Chi Sox anyway.

And J Roll continues his hit streak.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 05:03 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I have good news, the Phillies won't lose tonight. Because they're not playing. eek! no expression

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 12:12 AM
forumcrew

lol

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 12:59 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah Pirates! This year is the year. They're going all the w.....

confused

*looks at record, then at players* sad

Ah well, at least PNC is still the nicest park in baseball. wink

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 07:46 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Chase Utley is a monster. 4 home-runs in the last 2 games including a grand-slam. And its only the 4th inning.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 02:28 AM
forumcrew

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah Pirates! This year is the year. They're going all the w.....

confused

*looks at record, then at players* sad

Ah well, at least PNC is still the nicest park in baseball. wink

seattle is close to as bad, but id give Safeco the advantage on nicest park

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 07:42 AM
The P
RIP Hip-Hop 12/19

just came home form the ny game....

this f*cking matsui...

smh

"I'd met NaS at the Power House Studios when NaS was a teenager. But the first thing I heard about NaS (The MC) was through the buzz on the street. "Yo, NaS is dope... He's wildin'! He's talking about everything!" Then I went out and got Illmatic: The first three joints that passed , I was like, "Ahhh." He kind of made me feel normal. For somebody to come out and spit fire and people to look at him, it made me feel regular. He did a lot for my career. He may not know that, but he did a lot for my career."—Rakim

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 03:25 AM
The P is currently offline Click here to Send The P a Private Message Find more posts by The P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

um i believe A-rod struck out twice with runners in scoring position, and both times he had a very favorable count. I think 3-1 the first time and then 3-0 the second and he went down both.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 07:47 AM
The P
RIP Hip-Hop 12/19

**** a-rod!

damn dude made 2 errors!

"I'd met NaS at the Power House Studios when NaS was a teenager. But the first thing I heard about NaS (The MC) was through the buzz on the street. "Yo, NaS is dope... He's wildin'! He's talking about everything!" Then I went out and got Illmatic: The first three joints that passed , I was like, "Ahhh." He kind of made me feel normal. For somebody to come out and spit fire and people to look at him, it made me feel regular. He did a lot for my career. He may not know that, but he did a lot for my career."—Rakim

Old Post May 10th, 2006 01:45 AM
The P is currently offline Click here to Send The P a Private Message Find more posts by The P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote