KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Gladiator 2

Gladiator 2
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

There's a deleted scene in the 8k bluray 20th anniversary director's cut special edition steel book limited edition 500 numbered copies signed by Ridley Scott entitled "Brokeback Serengeti"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 08:50 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
There's a deleted scene in the 8k bluray 20th anniversary director's cut special edition steel book limited edition 500 numbered copies signed by Ridley Scott entitled "Brokeback Serengeti"

That reminds me, I need to upgrade to the 4k. Hell, I bought the bluray just a few years ago and probably only watched it like once, but I need to get that 4k.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 10:13 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
8k bluray 20th anniversary director's cut special edition steel book limited edition 500 numbered copies

^^^Damn, say THAT three times fast. confused

Old Post Jul 19th, 2023 05:59 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Some historical accuracy musings...

https://screenrant.com/how-accurate...ttle-real-life/

Old Post Aug 21st, 2023 09:27 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Still one of the most badass war scenes in cinema.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2023 05:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Some historical accuracy musings...

https://screenrant.com/how-accurate...ttle-real-life/

If i want accuracy I'll go read a book.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2023 09:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
If i want accuracy I'll go read a book.

Yer a broken record, Kaz. It's not automatically a criticism. It's just interesting to learn about.

That reminds me, I need to upgrade to the 4k. Hell, I bought the bluray just a few years ago and probably only watched it like once, but I need to get that 4k.

Goddamn, I'm glad I did acquire the 4k. It's incredible. I rewatched the other night. I did the Extended Cut and honestly it played very well, not sure anything needed to be cut. The film hasn't aged a day. Looks amazing and still as good as ever, maybe even better, considering how much practical effects they used and just enhanced digitally.

So I'm pretty psyched for the sequel. I wonder if they are going to use a rhinoceros scene because it was a big idea that was tested and eventually abandoned in the original. Another young emperor villain apparently...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2023 01:33 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yer a broken record, Kaz. It's not automatically a criticism. It's just interesting to learn about.

And you also don't go into these sort of films to be 100% historically accurate too, Maybe 50% at most. But if you want more go watch a doco on the subject or read a book.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2023 03:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Meh

Old Post Dec 18th, 2023 04:09 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I know it's not going to be as good as the first, as sequels are rarely as good and even more rare better than, but I am hyped for this, way hyped.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2023 10:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
I know it's not going to be as good as the first, as sequels are rarely as good and even more rare better than, but I am hyped for this, way hyped.

Do you think they'll recycle the scrapped rhino scene?

Also, it sounds like Denzel is playing a similar character to Proximo? Maybe just more power hungry?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2023 11:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No idea. But rhino's are cool.

Proximo had a hero arch, I'm sure Denzel will have one too if he starts out a bastard.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2023 10:57 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm partly trolling Kaz here, but also it's a legitimately interesting video, and despite the liberties taken with the actual history, the author is still a fan of the film. I mean, it's genuinely fascinating that the film actually toned DOWN the craziness of the Gladiator competitions, also learning what the real Commodus was like and how he actually died. I highly recommend the watch if you haven't seen it before...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2023 12:51 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This has apparently wrapped filming...

Attachment: gladiiwrap.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jan 17th, 2024 11:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

We got 10 longs months ahead of us.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2024 11:41 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Epic First ‘Gladiator 2’ Footage Leaves CinemaCon Very Entertained

https://www-hollywoodreporter-com.c...d-1235871973%2F

Sounds like there IS a rhino! cool

Old Post Apr 11th, 2024 08:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

They f**k that rhino!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2024 08:16 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm pretty psyched for this now. I may try to avoid trailers.

Or might just watch the first teaser.

Hype level rising...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2024 08:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

When I first heard of this years ago and that god awful "Maximus goes to the underworld and fights Hades" idea, I wanted to vomit and then roll around it until I vomited again.

But this is looking like it could be 80-90% as dope as the first film, which is one of my favorites.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2024 08:28 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I think it's probably going to be nuts. The Gladiator battles were apparently way crazier than depicted in the first film. And it sounds like they're going all out this time.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2024 08:41 PM