KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku versus Yoda

Count Dooku versus Yoda
Started by: BLAK FOX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Advent
Just Leaving

Lol.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I was wondering when I'd get to use that one.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Here's Rampant Ox

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

damn, i did make alot of typos. im on my sisters lap top and i hate the keyboard so ive probably made alot more im unaware of. i dont think dooku thought he had a 90% chance, it was an example. realistically i think he has maybe a 30%, i only used it saying that even if he thought he would very likley win, he might not want to risk his life and all his masters planning on the uncertian outcome of a duel with someone who in the very least was a close match for him.

yoda had beaten dooku in the past, dooku knew how good he was, dooku thought he was better, but wouldnt risk his life on it unless he had to.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

You can thank Buddha all you like that I dont write SW. But whatever would have happened had the match kept going is only based on opinions. You know my stance on who would have won but the only argument I hear from everyone else is that Yoda would have won because Dooku 'ran away'. That is a pitiful argument and one that requires a very big assumption and the ability to know what was going through Dookus head at the time.

Here are the facts:
-Dookus Makashi style uses minimum enery. This means that it will take longer for him to tire out,
-Yodas Ataru style uses a lot of energy so the chances of him tiring before the Count are very high.
-Count Dooku had the plans to the Death Star in his pocket. These plans are extremely important and he would not want them to fall into the hands of the jedi.
-Geonosis was swarming with clones and jedi and it would have been a matter of time before they reached the hangar where they were fighting.
-Dooku had just fought Obi-Wan, a master of Soresu the defensive style, and Anakin twice, who happened to be 'the chosen one'.

Your Argument:
-Dooku left the battle thereby he must have lost to Yoda. Yoda was the clear victor and dominant fighter.

Your argument is so biased and based on so much assumption it is almost laughable.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rampant ox
You can thank Buddha all you like that I dont write SW. But whatever would have happened had the match kept going is only based on opinions. You know my stance on who would have won but the only argument I hear from everyone else is that Yoda would have won because Dooku 'ran away'. That is a pitiful argument and one that requires a very big assumption and the ability to know what was going through Dookus head at the time.

Here are the facts:
-Dookus Makashi style uses minimum enery. This means that it will take longer for him to tire out,
-Yodas Ataru style uses a lot of energy so the chances of him tiring before the Count are very high.
-Count Dooku had the plans to the Death Star in his pocket. These plans are extremely important and he would not want them to fall into the hands of the jedi.
-Geonosis was swarming with clones and jedi and it would have been a matter of time before they reached the hangar where they were fighting.
-Dooku had just fought Obi-Wan, a master of Soresu the defensive style, and Anakin twice, who happened to be 'the chosen one'.

Your Argument:
-Dooku left the battle thereby he must have lost to Yoda. Yoda was the clear victor and dominant fighter.

Your argument is so biased and based on so much assumption it is almost laughable.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe the argument is biased and laughable to you, but outside of your Dooku fanboy logic, the argument seems quite clear. The only one who could stand up to Yoda was Sidious, and he had to be on high ground to come out with a stalemate.. What makes you think Dooku would ever beat Yoda in a fight?

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jonathan Mark

LOL.. You bastards on this forum always have the funniest pictures.

Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fozzyfan116

In a prolonged fight, Yoda who is on par with Sidious (Dooku's master) would win, no question. However in Ep2, The fight was practically a stalemate. Yoda never really came close to striking down Dooku, all he did for the whole fight was spin around like a top. I might have to watch it again but as of now I seriosly disagree with those saying Yoda outclassed Dooku in saber skills. In the force bttle Yoda won cleary, (throwing Dooku's own attack back at him).

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Fozzyfan116 a Private Message Find more posts by Fozzyfan116 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda didn't fight Dooku to kill him... This is clear... Watch EP2 again.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:31 AM
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by tdtd
LOL.. You bastards on this forum always have the funniest pictures.

evil face

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:31 AM
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Mysterious Man
Either way,Dooku still gets

Old Post May 6th, 2006 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

evil face laughing out loud

Old Post May 6th, 2006 05:17 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

I dont find that pic funny at all. I actually think you are all in denial. You are only posting it because it was the only time the great Count lost his composure. In fact, it was the only time the almighty Count Dooku lost a match in his life. His defeat probably caused a bigger celebratioin than was had at the downfall of the empire. That is how powerful Dooku was and how big of a threat he was to the Republic.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 06:16 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

evil face laughing

Old Post May 6th, 2006 06:18 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

I dont find that pic funny at all. I actually think you are all in denial. You are only posting it because it was the only time the great Count lost his composure. In fact, it was the only time the almighty Count Dooku lost a match in his life. His defeat probably caused a bigger celebratioin than was had at the downfall of the empire. That is how powerful Dooku was and how big of a threat he was to the Republic.

Your a sad little man... you know that?

Old Post May 6th, 2006 06:26 AM
BLAK FOX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here are the facts:

Your Argument:

I totally agree with this.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 08:01 AM
Click here to Send BLAK FOX a Private Message Find more posts by BLAK FOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Here are the facts:

Your Argument:

And your arguement is not biased? You are literally in love with a seventy year old man.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 12:56 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

80+*

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:15 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Love is a cracking hip and a cry for help.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote