KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 1982 1983 [1984] 1985 1986 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psmith81992
Sorry but beheading American citizens is unforgivable. There already is a war in case you didn't notice. ISIS started it and it's our job to finish it.

So...when it comes to "americans" we will go into a useless war we don't even need. but when it's a poor and corrupt country we can't even be bothered to help. not unless it's an american ally or a potential gold mine for the US. Nice double standard we have here in this supposed great nation. -_-

Not that i'd advocate for war either way. we've had enough for a lifetime. we should focus on fixing our shit problems in the US before we start "liberating" countries.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So...when it comes to "americans" we will go into a useless war we don't even need. but when it's a poor and corrupt country we can't even be bothered to help. not unless it's an american ally. Nice double standard we have here in this supposed great nation. -_-

... I don't see what's so wrong with this. Why is that our responsibility, exactly? Why would we want to aid countries who aren't our allies?

I'm sure you'll spend a truckload of time and money on the next random homeless person you see driving down the road. In an ideal world you might, perhaps, but that's just now how the world works. You want our help, you gotta be in our circle. The exceptions we make to this should be considered generous, the world isn't entitled to our aid.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Aug 21st, 2014 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:17 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by NewGuy01
... I don't see what's so wrong with this. Why is that our responsibility, exactly? Why would we want to aid countries who aren't our allies?

I'm sure you'll spend a truckload of time and money on the next random homeless person you see driving down the road. In an ideal world you might, perhaps, but that's just now how the world works. You want our help, you gotta be in our circle. The exceptions we make to this should be considered generous, the world isn't entitled to our aid.

not at all what i mean't and btw, Neither are our allies

Read the rest of it you derp.

Not that i'd advocate for war either way. we've had enough for a lifetime. we should focus on fixing our shit problems in the US before we start "liberating" countries.

Allies or not, i don't think we should interfere in fights that aren't ours to fight. america's not the chief of police of the world, it needs to recognize that, fix it's shit and its corrupted system/politics and then it can go try to fix other countries' problems.

EDIT. Also nice to see, you don't have a problem going to war just because an "american" died, because you know the lives of others don't matter unless they're part of our "circle" nice, real nice.

Last edited by Fated Xtasy on Aug 21st, 2014 at 02:43 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I don't think he particularly cares, tbh. It may be unforgivable. Unforgivable however =\= starting another costly war after just ending a prior one. If beheading some American they caught in the middle east is the worst ISIS can do, then our current strategy of bombing them with drones/air strikes and arming local resistance is a good course to stay on. The death of one American isn't worth the death of potentially hundreds more.
But what about the raging war-ons? We'll never get them to go down unless we penetrate enemy territory and blast them full of our guys.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Some of you are being far too generous:

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 21st, 2014 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Some of you are being far too generous:

LMAO.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:56 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
not at all what i mean't and btw, Neither are our allies

You help your allies, and they help you. Kinda how being allies works.

quote:

EDIT. Also nice to see, you don't have a problem going to war just because an "american" died, because you know the lives of others don't matter unless they're part of our "circle" nice, real nice.

Whether or not they matter is not the question. Whether or not it's our responsibility to help them is. Obviously we're going to help our friends, and it's fine and dandy when we help someone who's not--But it's not our job, and it shouldn't be expected of us.

Again, I'm sure you'd try to help a friend of yours if he was in need, but I'm also positive you aren't going out and helping every random person you come across with their problems. You don't have the time or resources to afford that. If you help someone, that's really nice, but no one expects it of you and blames you if you don't. Why should the USA any different?

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Aug 21st, 2014 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Because the USA is a country of hundreds of millions of people, it's not a group of buddies. National policy dictated by politicians on sending soldiers to attack, kill, and be killed is not something that should be decided on an emotional outrage. A fellow citizen was murdered by scumbags and you're upset. Being upset is exactly the wrong time to make decisions of such a huge undertaking.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm not arguing we should go to war. I'm arguing that it's not our job to take care of the everyone's problems.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:13 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm not arguing we should go to war. I'm arguing that it's not our job to take care of the everyone's problems.
Which is exactly what FX is saying. Why are you arguing him?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:14 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Which is exactly what FX is saying. Why are you arguing him?

Because this is America.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Because he pointed out that the US was somehow doing wrong by helping its allies and not everyone else.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy but when it's a poor and corrupt country we can't even be bothered to help. not unless it's an american ally. Nice double standard we have here in this supposed great nation. -_-

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Aug 21st, 2014 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:18 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Because he pointed out that the US was somehow doing wrong by helping its allies and not everyone else.
No, he wasn't. He was calling out the double standard of calling for an all-out war when literally one American is murdered, and doing absolutely nothing for the millions who suffer and die under the regimes of the corrupt and cruel. A war for one, indifference for the millions. The only thing that one has that the millions don't is American citizenship. He was calling out the narrow-minded, nationalist irrationality of such a mentality.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:23 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, he wasn't. He was calling out the double standard of calling for an all-out war when literally one American is murdered, and doing absolutely nothing for the millions who suffer and die under the regimes of the corrupt and cruel. A war for one, indifference for the millions. The only thing that one has that the millions don't is American citizenship. He was calling out the narrow-minded, nationalist irrationality of such a mentality.

Thank you for explaining Lord Lucien. you took what i said and made it better. i appreciate it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:30 AM
Nalaniel

So...when it comes to "americans" we will go into a useless war we don't even need. but when it's a poor and corrupt country we can't even be bothered to help. not unless it's an american ally or a potential gold mine for the US. Nice double standard we have here in this supposed great nation. -_-

Every nation sucks.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 09:30 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Where's the double standard? We went into Kosovo. We've fought wars we "don't need". What are you talking about lol?

quote:
Because the USA is a country of hundreds of millions of people, it's not a group of buddies. National policy dictated by politicians on sending soldiers to attack, kill, and be killed is not something that should be decided on an emotional outrage. A fellow citizen was murdered by scumbags and you're upset. Being upset is exactly the wrong time to make decisions of such a huge undertaking.

No, we're upset because thousands of Christians are being beheaded. This is just the icing on the cake. We'll just agree to disagree whether it's our job or not.

And there is no double standard.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 11:12 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

There isnt a double standard. I was already saying let slip the dogs of war before this happened.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 05:12 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm cool with continued drone strikes myself. As long as tax dollars are going towards building them, we might as well use them.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 05:15 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"You don't need to buy a textbook for this class." the teacher says.

"yaaaaay! =D " I say

"But you do have to buy an access code for the web-book." she says.

" okay! =D " I say

Access code is $110.

I hate college.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I only got through uni by hardcore slacking off and not buying all the books I was supposed to. This was a literature course mind you. erm

I am enjoying the Walking Dead so far. Just started episode 2. This dairy farm is so ****ing suspicious.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote