KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3283 3284 [3285] 3286 3287 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Because new canon doesn't have enough force users (yet).

Disney has spent the last 6 years aping the OT and it's "1 Jedi vs a empire" dynamic so we've gotten very few new Force users to compare and contrast.

The new comic could be cool but the comics and books are a lot more niche. We need a new game and or show where there's tons of Jedi fighting tons of sith.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

God damn Rex you're old!

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2021 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wonder how many of the people who used to post here so frequently are still alive. Covid or... other things...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

*waves*

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 04:57 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Wonder how many of the people who used to post here so frequently are still alive. Covid or... other things...

Still alive.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by Tzeentch
No one's really "back" per say. It's kind of more like when you're in your home town and you're driving past that middle school you used to go to and you slow down for 5 or 6 seconds so that you can look at the playground and have memories of your childhood, then you drive away.

The gift of the internet: as long as this shithole is still alive people will always come visit occasionally. Unless they're dead. LOL

Just driving by. Hope everyone is well.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Still alive, somehow.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2022 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

No COVID, that I know of.

Last time I checked, I was alive.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2022 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Gehenna
No COVID, that I know of.

Last time I checked, I was alive.
I remember you. Making good use of that aliveness?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2022 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Still alive.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2022 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You member Star Wars? It feels like a long ago forgotten thing now.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2022 04:41 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'll always love Star Wars despite it's many faults. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've been more or less checked out of the mythos since the ToR days at least, though. I'll probably always remember this forum though. In my teens and early 20s I assumed that one day I would move on and forget about this place, but it's been 18 years and I still post here every now and again. It's a strange kind of feel.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2022 05:49 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

You member Star Wars? It feels like a long ago forgotten thing now.

Star Wars is an abomination since Disney took it over. Blithering idiotic emotional male characters, over the top Mary Sue female characters, absolute Bedlam Force power use, and enough plot holes to choke a Dune sand worm.

I've given up on SW completely at this point, and Kurzman is over somewhere raping Star Trek to death at the same time.

Next up on the block, LOTR.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I'll always love Star Wars despite it's many faults. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've been more or less checked out of the mythos since the ToR days at least, though. I'll probably always remember this forum though. In my teens and early 20s I assumed that one day I would move on and forget about this place, but it's been 18 years and I still post here every now and again. It's a strange kind of feel.

I found this forum ages ago after recovering from a particularly traumatic event in my life. I spent a month playing KotOR II, waiting for Episode III to drop, and reading Clone Wars era novels, while posting here.

I'm not even close to being the same person I was back in 2005, but there's still some good memories to be had here, and I met a lot of cool people back then.

Some stupid morons as well, but I'm not singling any out at the moment.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2022 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Star Wars is an abomination since Disney took it over. Blithering idiotic emotional male characters, over the top Mary Sue female characters, absolute Bedlam Force power use, and enough plot holes to choke a Dune sand worm.

I've given up on SW completely at this point, and Kurzman is over somewhere raping Star Trek to death at the same time.

Eh, I really enjoyed The Mandalorian tbh. And the Bad Batch. And Boba Fer wasn’t too bad, either. All of those are well above the new trilogy.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2022 06:04 AM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

It...has been some time.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2022 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Petrus
Eh, I really enjoyed The Mandalorian tbh. And the Bad Batch. And Boba Fer wasn’t too bad, either. All of those are well above the new trilogy.

Mando had some issues, but was generally likeable. I didn't watch Bad Batch but I don't give a shit about clones, Clone Wars cartoons, or any of that nonsense. I don't understand why that's such a popular part of SW; in a setting where people blow up planets, use mind powers to lift ships, and meet various aliens in a single bar, carbon copy clone troopers are super popular. Boba Fett series is pretty trash. It's Dances with Sandpeople, except Dances with Wolves was a good movie. Boba Fett is old, fat, out of shape, and boring.

His sidekick is boss af though. It should be her show.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:04 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I didn't watch Bad Batch but I don't give a shit about clones, Clone Wars cartoons, or any of that nonsense. I don't understand why that's such a popular part of SW; in a setting where people blow up planets, use mind powers to lift ships, and meet various aliens in a single bar, carbon copy clone troopers are super popular.

Your lack of understanding might have something to do with your not watching them.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 09:16 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Mando had some issues, but was generally likeable. I didn't watch Bad Batch but I don't give a shit about clones, Clone Wars cartoons, or any of that nonsense. I don't understand why that's such a popular part of SW; in a setting where people blow up planets, use mind powers to lift ships, and meet various aliens in a single bar, carbon copy clone troopers are super popular. Boba Fett series is pretty trash. It's Dances with Sandpeople, except Dances with Wolves was a good movie. Boba Fett is old, fat, out of shape, and boring.

His sidekick is boss af though. It should be her show.

The Boba show was ultimately a huge letdown. I hope they cancel it and put that money into making The Mandalorian even better, or giving us a new and proper show.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 17th, 2022 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
The Boba show was ultimately a huge letdown. I hope they cancel it and put that money into making The Mandalorian even better, or giving us a new and proper show.

Wasnt a good idea to do such an old Boba. The scars hid his age on Mando, but in Boba they cured the scars, and just had him old (he shouldnt be much older than Han Solo).

And have him constantly walk around with his mask off was annoying when he always had it on in the OT. I know it was only a couple of scenes, but thats how we liked him.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That and the plot was ultimately just so meh.

He's to hoping they don't shit all over the Obi show.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote