KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » LOTR movies vs. books

LOTR movies vs. books
Started by: OhILuvHP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Right-o... big grin
(I'm too slow for this forum stick out tongue)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:40 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draugwen
Right-o... big grin
(I'm too slow for this forum stick out tongue)
hahaha...we all started off that way.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:45 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Did it take you too half a year to gain some speed? stick out tongue
Can'T find you in the pic thread... about 350 pages are just a lot to browse through with a slooooow computer wink Any idea 'bout how long it is since you posted?^^ Oh, and I think I've found pics I can actually put there wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:49 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

Did it take you too half a year to gain some speed? stick out tongue
Can'T find you in the pic thread... about 350 pages are just a lot to browse through with a slooooow computer wink Any idea 'bout how long it is since you posted?^^ Oh, and I think I've found pics I can actually put there wink
actually no...it took me less than a month.

and i'm in there...i'll find it for you.
sweet! eek!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:50 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Originally posted by Fëanor
actually no...it took me less than a month.

and i'm in there...i'll find it for you.
sweet! eek!

Maybe being in msn too meanwhile is also slowing me considerably... and searching pics with my PSP stick out tongue

You'll find it? Nice big grin Thankee big grin

what's sweet? me posting? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 07:59 PM
Fëanor

Maybe being in msn too meanwhile is also slowing me considerably... and searching pics with my PSP stick out tongue

You'll find it? Nice big grin Thankee big grin

what's sweet? me posting? stick out tongue
aah..msn. takes too much time away, so you know.

yep..you posting

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:15 PM
OhILuvHP

question for Draugwen.........what does this mean?

Merin sa haryalye alasse!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:48 PM
OhILuvHP is currently offline Click here to Send OhILuvHP a Private Message Find more posts by OhILuvHP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

It is Quenya and means literally 'I wish that you have joy' smile ('you' being either plural or polite form wink Yes, I'm a language geek stick out tongue) I use that as a sig in most places, because I like others being happy wink
(know it doesn't fit too well with my pic^^')
Congrats... you're the first to ask in half a year of using this sig laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:57 PM
madhusudhan

I did not like the following things in the movie
1)Haldir would never leave the realm of lorien and its totally wrong that elrond sent them because haldir is under the command of galadriel and not elrond.
2)Actually instead of elves the rangers will come in the book,and it would have been more awesome.
3)No glorfindel in the movie
4)The scene where gimli was exhausted by the long run,actually dwarves are very strong and never get exhausted and are stronger than orcs in running.
5)No tom bombadil in the movie.
All right,I accept these are little things,it would have been difficult to portray all.But I can say the movie is awesome except the above things especially the balrog scenes.
I will vote for the book because there were unwanted scenes and many important scenes were not there.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 03:24 AM
madhusudhan is currently offline Click here to Send madhusudhan a Private Message Find more posts by madhusudhan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Don't leave. You actually said some things that I couldn't have said better myself. Unlike half the crap coming out now a days that focus on a simple story the Lord of the Rings went in depth and made a very unique story with rich characters and places. Tolkien just didn't have Helm's Deep and then Minas Tirith and then the Black Gate and call it a day.

He put us in Middle-Earth. It felt as though you were among the Fellowship in the mines of Moria. Tolkien paints a picture in your mind on what is happening. The book is pure art. That's all I can call it. Art. Tolkien made something that just didn't make stuff up as he went alone. He worked on Middle-Earth his entire life to make the Lord of the Rings a story worth telling over and over and over again.

Most people complain about the book mainly because their reading level isn't high enough to really understand what is being said. All of Tolkien's works are like this. I can't put the book down once I get going. It draws you into the characters; each different with unique aspects and abilities and strengths and weaknesses.

I for one see Tolkien as an idol to help me be inspired to write creative things and to think outside the box. It was said that putting the Battle of Isengard as a flashback would be a bad choice but Tolkien did it and he made it work. Tolkien is the greatest author who has ever lived. His mind was full of creative thoughts that allowed him to create a world, language, and even a religion.

J.R.R. Tolkien is someone who gave us these gifts of Middle-Earth. And it all started with a Hobbit named Bilbo Baggins.

I have to give the Lord of the Rings:

Two thumbs up.

Amen man, Amen, truer words have never been spoken (apart from jelly donuts= GOOD!!!!!!!)

Old Post May 29th, 2010 03:30 AM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

just one name: Faramir.

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 04:22 PM
peluffo is currently offline Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

movies

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 11:03 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote