KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?

Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?
This poll is closed.
Yes 12 75.00%
No 4 25.00%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
How about this?

thats F-ing awesome

eat that hulk fanboys

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 04:55 AM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

quote:
It comes from space which always been there before any black hole or holes

Are you really saying that the Gravity of a black hole comes from empty space? Read this:

Blackholes

quote:
my point is that some feats are reasonable, but feats such as flying at or beyond the speed of light and holding black holes in one's hand are just pure bulls***, even for comic fiction.

Do you have this same problem when watching scifi movies? Faster than light travel tends to happen a lot there. I reason that if superman can lift more than a crane why can't he movie faster than a spaceship>

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 09:20 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you struggling for calculations...we don't even know our planet!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 11:30 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

Originally posted by emporerpants
but if all matter that is in a black hole ceases to exist, then where does a black holes gravitational pull come from?

okay let me explain: a black hole is a super giant sun which collapses under its own gravity. all of its mass gets pulled toward a single point, which produces a density close to infinite. picture fitting everything on earth, including the earth, into a thimble, only much millions of times greater in mass and many more millions of times less in volume.

anyway, superman gets his powers from the sun, right? that means that he isnt supposed to be able to overpower one, otherwise it would be him from which the sun gets its power from

understand?

excuse my fist... it thinks you belong with the dirt on the floor...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 08:55 AM
Up In Flames is currently offline Click here to Send Up In Flames a Private Message Find more posts by Up In Flames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Are you really saying that the Gravity of a black hole comes from empty space? Read this:

Blackholes

Do you have this same problem when watching scifi movies? Faster than light travel tends to happen a lot there. I reason that if superman can lift more than a crane why can't he movie faster than a spaceship>

say the hulk developed the ability to fly. would you find that rational?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 08:56 AM
Up In Flames is currently offline Click here to Send Up In Flames a Private Message Find more posts by Up In Flames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Do you have this same problem when watching scifi movies?

thats the very reason why i dont watch sci fi flicks...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 09:00 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Up In Flames
okay let me explain: a black hole is a super giant sun which collapses under its own gravity. all of its mass gets pulled toward a single point, which produces a density close to infinite. picture fitting everything on earth, including the earth, into a thimble, only much millions of times greater in mass and many more millions of times less in volume.

anyway, superman gets his powers from the sun, right? that means that he isnt supposed to be able to overpower one, otherwise it would be him from which the sun gets its power from

understand?
Do Black Holes emitt solar energy? That's one source of Supermans power. The more he absorbs the stronger he gets.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 03:29 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

source of superman power = sun, if he gets near a sun or anything that emits his sun's radiation he will be boosted in all his abilities

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 10:06 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

Originally posted by MattDay
source of superman power = sun, if he gets near a sun or anything that emits his sun's radiation he will be boosted in all his abilities

correct. you seem to be on the right track but on the wrong train... i know that superman gets his powers from the sun, but that means that the sun should be more powerful than him, therefore he should not be able to over power one. a blackhole is merely a collapsed sun with the same amount of energy, so he shouldn t be able to overpower one.

get my drift?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:41 AM
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Do Black Holes emitt solar energy? That's one source of Supermans power. The more he absorbs the stronger he gets.

*refer to above post*

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:41 AM
MattDay

hmm well maybe superman could out power his source at the risk of destroying it and maybe himself... but who knows? in comics these rules are broken all the time by godly beings, which make you wonder what the heck is going on. lets just say he potentially could at great risk

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 09:02 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

so, once again, how can there be no mass like you claim? its all just compressed incredibly tight, but its still there.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:17 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

Originally posted by emporerpants
so, once again, how can there be no mass like you claim? its all just compressed incredibly tight, but its still there.

What the f**k?
i said nothing about a black hole having no mass. get ur facts right. while u're at it, get a tutor to teach u not to talk brainlessly. wink

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 08:40 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Up In Flames
correct. you seem to be on the right track but on the wrong train... i know that superman gets his powers from the sun, but that means that the sun should be more powerful than him, therefore he should not be able to over power one. a blackhole is merely a collapsed sun with the same amount of energy, so he shouldn t be able to overpower one.

get my drift?

It depends. The sun could simply be a catalyst for his powers. It's not like DC ever really tried to explain exactly how Supermans biology works.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 11:43 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

How do you contain a black hole by squeezing it? Or for that matter, how does it cancel out the gravity?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:14 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Its comics. It does because the writer wants it so.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:25 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I'm going to make a comic where black holes are canceled out by throwing panties at it then.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:33 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by who?-kid
No it wasn't. Of course it was a bit exaggerated, but well, we are talking about comics after all.

Superman holding a (tiny) black hole in his hand for a very short time gives us a good idea of his awesome strength.

Hulk can't do such a thing. Martian Manhunter can't do it, Thanos can't do it...

Yeah Hulk only managed to Seperate Matter from Anti-Matter...............Superman can't do that, Thanos can't do that.....................lol feats of strength = poop.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 03:01 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'm going to make a comic where black holes are canceled out by throwing panties at it then.

I'd read that. thumb up

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:08 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

And he can do that. Its a comic. Writers arent NASA scientists that struggle to write a story that keeps the basis of real life physics. They write what they want to be shown as impressive.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 05:35 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote