KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » "Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread

Favorite Ultimate Spider-Man villain??
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Goblin 4 5.41%
Doctor Octopus 10 13.51%
Venom 38 51.35%
Electro 4 5.41%
Carnage 6 8.11%
Kingpin 2 2.70%
Hobgoblin 2 2.70%
Vulture 0 0%
Rhino 2 2.70%
Shocker 6 8.11%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread
Started by: Dan-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:36 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

In the 616 comics, the second Spider-Woman has the white spider on her chest.

(please log in to view the image)

This Spider-Woman was introduced BEFORE Pete found the symbiote. In fact, the black costume was based on Spider-Woman's due to Pete's subconscious desires.

Ultimate Spider-Woman's costume is based off of Julia Carpenter's of 616, therefore it has the white spider as well.

If you're thinking within the "reality" of the Ultimate Universe, however, the reason that Jessica has the white spider on the chest is because she was cloned using the blood sample from Peter AND Richard Parker and Eddie Brock, Sr.'s designs for "the Suit", not unlike Ultimate Carnage. The only difference between her and the vampiristic, imperfect clone is that her humanity is dominant.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:36 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
than how would you explain the white spider logo on the chest?
in the game it was lame as hell, brock swaled carnage and got the spider onthe chest.

Aside from what Dan-El said, are you aware that Bagley drew the spider insignia on Venom during his arc in the comics. There was an article (I'll try to remember where I read it) where he talked about it and said that the inkers just went right over it.

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll
miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's
life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 02:43 AM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Originally posted by Dan-El
In the 616 comics, the second Spider-Woman has the white spider on her chest.

(please log in to view the image)

This Spider-Woman was introduced BEFORE Pete found the symbiote. In fact, the black costume was based on Spider-Woman's due to Pete's subconscious desires.

Ultimate Spider-Woman's costume is based off of Julia Carpenter's of 616, therefore it has the white spider as well.

If you're thinking within the "reality" of the Ultimate Universe, however, the reason that Jessica has the white spider on the chest is because she was cloned using the blood sample from Peter AND Richard Parker and Eddie Brock, Sr.'s designs for "the Suit", not unlike Ultimate Carnage. The only difference between her and the vampiristic, imperfect clone is that her humanity is dominant.

Thanks for the indepth explanation, A+ work.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 12:24 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Thanks for the indepth explanation, A+ work.

I don't read 'em for nothin'! Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 02:05 PM
Spiderman_RJ

are you telling the INKEr got over with it? are you retarded!!!!??
inker just do that INK and generaly they do it with the help of the artist himself so that they dont overlook any details that are important for the artist.
the reason venom dont have the spider on the chest is becouse this is not 616 and there would be no reason to it,plust it was bendis idea,problably later concepted cos even the cover art has the spider logo,or maybe this was just a fanboy homiing device to boost the sales.

i'm telling that bendis told that venom with the spider logo in the chest is coming, and i question why would that be? and since jessica 616 was the reason for this, i was wonderiing if ultimate jessica would later become/be infected venom,maybe she is not just a clone but a clone with venom within,after all she call make web from the finger! no one suspected that this might actually had been her suit doing?

so if she will not be venom,and brock is indeed coming back, how do you figure he will take the spider logo, by swallowing jessica "simbiont" suit or herself like he did on ultimate game with carnage? maybe jessica "suit" is a dorment carnage as well. after all she was conceived to be a weapon.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 04:13 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

You need to chill the **** out, my friend. Calling people retarded for no reason other than the fact you don't like the piece of trivia they produced is uncalled for.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 04:36 PM
Spiderman_RJ

correction i didnt name called him retarded, i asked if he was.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 11:56 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

Dude, go read Wizard Magazine #180 (I think, if not that issue, there around). In the article that gives a rundown of the entire Ultimate Spider-man timeline prior to the clone saga, with Bendis and Bagley's thoughts on it, Bagley flat out says that he drew the spider insiginia on Venom. Yet, the inker just went over it.

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 12:37 AM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
correction i didnt name called him retarded, i asked if he was.

Well, you have no reason to even ask if he is, let alone imply. So either calm the **** down or I will report you.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 01:07 AM
freezedoom
Alburqueque

Dudes (and probably dudettes), the new issue
is just wow! And what a great way to end a
excellent saga. Kick ass!! cool
I never really a lover of the Clone Saga in 616,
this is even better man. wink

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 02:03 AM
freezedoom is currently offline Click here to Send freezedoom a Private Message Find more posts by freezedoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

No spoilers just yet! I'm getting my copy tomorrow.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 02:09 AM
freezedoom
Alburqueque

Okay...
Aunt May and Pete hug, Kitty pissed at the Professor
for not wiping May's mind, Gwen and Scorpion in two tubes
and Peter and MJ are back on!! Did I mention about
Jessica and Peter's unexpected original/clone hug?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 03:03 AM
freezedoom is currently offline Click here to Send freezedoom a Private Message Find more posts by freezedoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

You are aware that Dan-El said NO spoilers, right?

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 03:35 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by freezedoom
Okay...
Aunt May and Pete hug, Kitty pissed at the Professor
for not wiping May's mind, Gwen and Scorpion in two tubes
and Peter and MJ are back on!! Did I mention about
Jessica and Peter's unexpected original/clone hug?

****ing ass

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 03:45 AM
freezedoom
Alburqueque

stick out tongue big grin stick out tongue big grin stick out tongue big grin

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:00 AM
Spiderman_RJ

is he making this up? the new one still have a week to go i believe or did you got a leak on internet?

cos last issue jessica run away and may is still in the hospital so i doubt she recover on new issue and jessica comes back just for a hug.

thanks for the reply kiekan,but its not a case of the inker who just got over it,he can't do that by himself,someone else must have told him to do that (probably bendis),that's what i am talking about, and i apologize for my rude behavior

and dan el don threat me,sir.if you think i violate the rules feel free to report me and anyone else.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 11:32 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

What part of "no spoilers" do you people not understand?!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 02:37 PM
freezedoom
Alburqueque

Originally posted by freezedoom
stick out tongue big grin stick out tongue big grin stick out tongue big grin

Okay, I take all that I've said.
No spoilers for you=Revelations for me

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 03:01 PM
Spiderman_RJ

poor kitty.......bendis b@stard!
all he said is true! F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F****

GNAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG
GGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

my blood is boiling! thats it for me! no more usm!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 03:41 PM