KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Full-potential Gambit vs Full-potential Iceman

Full-potential Gambit vs Full-potential Iceman
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I am not saying now, or that we will ever see it happen. I cannot presume to know how or what they could do, but with their Omega level status in terms of power limits they will surpass alphas in limit if they reach that potentiel And if I remember correctly all the cosmic beings were scared of omega level mutants because they represented the end of them (that was in the X-men Forever series)

I am not saying elixer or Iceman>>>>Jim. Just saying that one way or another the guy has SOME limit to his power, while the other two would not. erm

Also (and I have not looked into this at all so take it with a grain of salt) according to GS omega level mutants final "power" is to connect with the phoenix force....just a thought

1. Having unlimited potential in one dimension doesn't mean you have unlimited power. The Hulk has unlimited strength, but versatility kills him. If a mutant's only power was to turn things blue, but he was Omega, I could still kill him with a rock.

Iceman can control all the water molecules in the universe if he so pleases, a being that controls all the kinetic energy will be superior. (Also note that it was only THEORIZED that Iceman worked on a kinetic energy level, it was CERTAIN with New Sun).

But anyways, if we are to assume that Iceman at full potential can control kinetic energy, then he wins this. If we are to assume that Iceman is still restricted to water, I'd give it to New Sun.

And, lastly, unlimited potential does not mean unlimited power! mad

I could kill the Omega-Turn-Things-Blue-Mutant with my bare hands. Just because he has 'no quantifiable limit' to his turn shit blue power, does NOT mean diddly squat. stick out tongue.

Okay, I lied, that wasn't last; this will be. Out of curiosity, how are we to be certain that Omega mutants DO have unlimited potential, anyways? Is it because professor X said so? I'm not so easily convinced. I mean....maybe to a primitive HUMAN mind, there is no real limit to the potential, but on a cosmic scale? How unlimited is unlimited? Could full potential Iceman mess around with water molecules if...say...the LIVING TRIBUNAL judged that he shouldn't?

erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:14 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

****. I just realized that I numbered my first point, but none of the following. Well, don't I look stupid?

Oh, and on your last point, you brought up GS' opinion on the phoenix force and omega mutants.

I just want to point out that that IS an opinion - one that is, obviously, hottly contested by Mr. Master.

Who is correct? I don't have a clue....

Just pointing out that you can't use another poster's opinion as fact.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Soljer on Jan 31st, 2007 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:15 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Soljer
1. Having unlimited potential in one dimension doesn't mean you have unlimited power. The Hulk has unlimited strength, but versatility kills him. If a mutant's only power was to turn things blue, but he was Omega, I could still kill him with a rock.

Iceman can control all the water molecules in the universe if he so pleases, a being that controls all the kinetic energy will be superior. (Also note that it was only THEORIZED that Iceman worked on a kinetic energy level, it was CERTAIN with New Sun).

But anyways, if we are to assume that Iceman at full potential can control kinetic energy, then he wins this. If we are to assume that Iceman is still restricted to water, I'd give it to New Sun.

I could kill the Omega-Turn-Things-Blue-Mutant with my bare hands. Just because he has 'no quantifiable limit' to his turn shit blue power, does NOT mean diddly squat. stick out tongue.

Okay, I lied, that wasn't last; this will be. Out of curiosity, how are we to be certain that Omega mutants DO have unlimited potential, anyways? Is it because professor X said so? I'm not so easily convinced. I mean....maybe to a primitive HUMAN mind, there is no real limit to the potential, but on a cosmic scale? How unlimited is unlimited? Could full potential Iceman mess around with water molecules if...say...the LIVING TRIBUNAL judged that he shouldn't?

erm.

So... you only have one point Soljer? confused

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Victory is mine!!!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:18 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
So... you only have one point Soljer? confused

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Victory is mine!!!

I already pointed that out.

Making a joke about something that someone's already pointed out is hardly difficult, nor entertaining.

POINTING something out in the first place is where the humor's at. Or bringing up something that someone else has pointed out. The person not realizing the mistake is the humor.

You lose, stick out tongue.

Oh..and....

Get a new friggin signature, jizz-warrior!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:21 AM
Smurph
------

I already pointed that out.

Making a joke about something that someone's already pointed out is hardly difficult, nor entertaining.

POINTING something out in the first place is where the humor's at. Or bringing up something that someone else has pointed out. The person not realizing the mistake is the humor.

You lose, stick out tongue.

Oh..and....

Get a new friggin signature, jizz-warrior!

You... have a comma before your smilie. And a period after that. Implying it's a word.

That probably violates some rule of grammar.

HAH! mad

And Cain is taking a while... sad

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

laughing laughing

People have talked about that before, they thought it odd. It never really phased me, I've always tried to use proper grammar.

Even with emoticons - I'll still put periods after them, and commas where specific.

Maybe it's wrong, but, technically, rules of grammar don't give any guidelines for emoticons.

So, I could go BUCK WILD with emoticons and still be grammatically correct.

stick out tongue.

What kind of sig are you getting?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:31 AM
Smurph
------

So, I could go BUCK WILD with emoticons and still be grammatically correct.

Sounds kinky.

What kind of sig are you getting?

None of your buisness. miffed

Though... in retrospect... I wonder if I should have given Cain a better ass shot of Gamora...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:46 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
no expression

...Iceman> Mad Jim?

..........no expression
To be fair, Mad Jim Jaspers was created back in the early 1980s - long long before the Omega concept was established - and even then was published under the Marvel UK division; so he's not a perfect example since if it were published today maybe they would label him an Omega. Wanda Maximoff a bastardized MJJ is probably a better example.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 08:37 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Is New Sun Immortal? Can he be injured and die by conventional means?
If so, then anyone should see (even a little child) that he loses here.
What is he going when he is frozen instantly. That should kill him unless he has healing factor. His blood, nerves, etc would be damaged beyond repair. Freezing not only freezes but it greatly damages the cells. What about ice spears going through his brain also?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 12:32 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qqqqqqq

can somebody tell me how powerful is FP iceman?? feats?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 01:22 PM
qqqqqqq is currently offline Click here to Send qqqqqqq a Private Message Find more posts by qqqqqqq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by h1a8
Is New Sun Immortal? Can he be injured and die by conventional means?
If so, then anyone should see (even a little child) that he loses here.
What is he going when he is frozen instantly. That should kill him unless he has healing factor. His blood, nerves, etc would be damaged beyond repair. Freezing not only freezes but it greatly damages the cells. What about ice spears going through his brain also?
Do you know anything about New Son? Based off of powers alone they would cancel each other out and "freezing" wouldn't do anything because New Sun has complete control over kinetic energy.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 01:45 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by ThePittman
Do you know anything about New Son? Based off of powers alone they would cancel each other out and "freezing" wouldn't do anything because New Sun has complete control over kinetic energy.
Where was it stated he had complete control over kinetic energy, I tend not to avoid things that focus too much on Gambit. Was this a universal control of energy?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 01:48 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Where was it stated he had complete control over kinetic energy, I tend not to avoid things that focus too much on Gambit. Was this a universal control of energy?
Maybe "complete control" is a bit of an over statement but enough to fry a planet is pretty much a lot of power and control.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 01:58 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by ThePittman

Yet that has nothing to do with his reflexes (which are peak human at best). FP iceman attacks are faster than he can comprehend. He can instantly freeze Gambit into a block of ice by instantly willing the air around him to freeze. Or simply shooting millions of ice spears and ice boulders(or mountains) at him in all directions at superspeed before he can react.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 02:26 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qqqqqqq

Yet that has nothing to do with his reflexes (which are peak human at best). FP iceman attacks are faster than he can comprehend. He can instantly freeze Gambit into a block of ice by instantly willing the air around him to freeze. Or simply shooting millions of ice spears and ice boulders(or mountains) at him in all directions at superspeed before he can react.
gambit powers are by thoughts or whaT?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 02:31 PM
qqqqqqq is currently offline Click here to Send qqqqqqq a Private Message Find more posts by qqqqqqq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Here is a description of him.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=748

I also believe he wiped out his universe learning to control his powers and was able to travel to 616 on his own command of his powers.

LOL New Son also killed his realities Phoenixsmile

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 02:31 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Gambit’s reflexes as described by Marvel says that they are not super human but he has done many feats in reflexes that are above “peak human”, hell they say that Captain America is only peak human but his feats go well beyond that. We are also not taking about just Gambit but New Sun which his powers are by thought, Bobby’s reflexes are no greater then regular Gambit’s.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 03:07 PM
superbatman86

erm.
Uh Iceman HAS to control kinetic energy or else he couldn't be able to affect the temperature around him.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:03 PM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
my2cents
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iceman FTW

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:20 PM
my2cents is currently offline Click here to Send my2cents a Private Message Find more posts by my2cents Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

The day IM controls kinetic energy like New Son and can time travel and work on remaking universe's I'll vote for him, until then New Sonwrecks him.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:22 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote