KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dark Phoenix vs Galactus

Dark Phoenix vs Galactus
Started by: Benny G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by By Crom!
shifty

By Crom!

I already knew it was you, Whirly. You've been reported to the mods.

Later.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:52 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
I already knew it was you, Whirly. You've been reported to the mods.

Later.

I am not Whirly, I am By Crom! and sock checked! Who are you?

That's two reports you've made about two people in one thread.......

laughing

smile

I left on my own terms, as I always should have smile rock
If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

herd behavior is a comical thing.

Last edited by Whirly on Jan 14th, 2007 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:54 AM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

I am not Whirly, I am sock checked! Who are you?

smile

Haha Whob laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:55 AM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Maestro
Haha Whob laughing out loud

Who is Whob? Is he a friend of this Whirly?

smile

If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:56 AM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by guy222
I agree with u on no insults

People try that **** with me. It doesn't bother me

Its about respect. Its a comic book. All of us have opinions

Exactly smile Well said!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:59 AM
tkitna

Putting this back to topic, this last scan has me intrigued. We know from the beginning that Galactus is hungry and not his full self, but thats besides the point. At the end he states, "The stench of death clings to you no less than to me" when Phoenix tells him to renounce his evil ways and that he's to weak to fight anymore.

(please log in to view the image)

This is telling me that Phoenix is in no shape to continue either although she doesnt appear to be in to bad of shape through the pictures. I really dont know who would win this contest, but i'm leaning towards the side in which Galactus would win if he fed and was full. Just my opinion.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:10 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by tkitna
Putting this back to topic, this last scan has me intrigued. We know from the beginning that Galactus is hungry and not his full self, but thats besides the point. At the end he states, "The stench of death clings to you no less than to me" when Phoenix tells him to renounce his evil ways and that he's to weak to fight anymore.

This is telling me that Phoenix is in no shape to continue either although she doesnt appear to be in to bad of shape through the pictures. I really dont know who would win this contest, but i'm leaning towards the side in which Galactus would win if he fed and was full. Just my opinion.

Hes referring to the fact that Phoenix is using the energy reserved for future generations, denying them existence.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:12 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Ok, I gotcha.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:17 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Hes referring to the fact that Phoenix is using the energy reserved for future generations, denying them existence.

Interesting interpretation. I don't think the future generations bit had been added at that time, I think Galactus is reffering to her then hunger which would drive her to consume a star system.

smile

But it's all about interpretation!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:20 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:20 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tiakocom

Just in case you were interested

despite everythin GS you do back up everything you say and the one thing thats amazes me is that you never resort to insults unlike a certain person that im sure u know of wink

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:23 AM
tiakocom is currently offline Click here to Send tiakocom a Private Message Find more posts by tiakocom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just in case you were interested

I had forgotten that, I think that bit is cut from the What if where Jean consumes the Earth, that's the last time I looked at any version of that plot. It's nice to see you making a point.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:24 AM
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tiakocom
despite everythin GS you do back up everything you say and the one thing thats amazes me is that you never resort to insults unlike a certain person that im sure u know of wink

I'm sure GS can resort to insults, however it's the magnitude and malice behind those attacking him at present which shocks me.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:26 AM
carver9

It was proven that phoenix can beat galactus. Even though he was hungry she beat him easily, his power didnt faze her. Now if he wasnt hungry he would put up more of a challenge, he might tickle her with his power but he would still lose. The lady consumed an entire universe, it cant get no powerful than that.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 03:14 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I remember in the Dark Pheonix saga, the original, some character made a comment comparing Galactus to Dark Pheonix.

The character said that while Galactus devours worlds, Dark Pheonix devours far more than that.

She is the much larger threat to the Universe...now this could be due to the fact that Dark Pheonix is an irrational mass murderer, while Galactus will only eat to sustain his existance...

However, I would personally take a threat from Dark Pheonix far more seriously than a threat from Galactus....

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 04:13 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I remember in the Dark Pheonix saga, the original, some character made a comment comparing Galactus to Dark Pheonix.

The character said that while Galactus devours worlds, Dark Pheonix devours far more than that.

She is the much larger threat to the Universe...now this could be due to the fact that Dark Pheonix is an irrational mass murderer, while Galactus will only eat to sustain his existance...

However, I would personally take a threat from Dark Pheonix far more seriously than a threat from Galactus....

You mean you wouldn't take a threat from a 30ft tall man wearing pink seriously?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 11:29 AM
qqqqqqq

damn.. MM ran off again.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:23 PM
qqqqqqq is currently offline Click here to Send qqqqqqq a Private Message Find more posts by qqqqqqq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by qqqqqqq
damn.. MM ran off again.

He seems to do that!

smile

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:24 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

He seems to do that!

smile

Doesnt he just. big grin

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 02:04 PM
qqqqqqq

countless times he came and ran off. i guess there are people like him who will never admit defeat.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 02:10 PM
qqqqqqq is currently offline Click here to Send qqqqqqq a Private Message Find more posts by qqqqqqq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote