KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's WildCard MiniTournament: (hulk10) VS (B dot Rob) VS (Laminator_X) [Vote!]

EVANGEL94's WildCard MiniTournament: (hulk10) VS (B dot Rob) VS (Laminator_X) [Vote!]
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mastermind completely ruining Phoenix and kicking off the Dark Phoenix Saga is the obvious example of telepathy not being a cure-all against illusions.

Wasn't this when Jean still could barely grasp the concepts of TP? Not a great example.

What it's done when not bound by the rules of this tourney is irrelevant. In this match it's can't do what you want it to.

What bounds? The only thing the Waterbearer hand does is give Aquaman an extra punch against Mages which you drafted. You just drew a bad number here.

Perhaps you should review the rules. Using telepathy for things like that is specifically forbidden.

"• A mental attack on an opponent is allowed though."

To which Ecstasy is very vulnerable.

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Last edited by Moses Morrison on Dec 29th, 2006 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 08:10 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

quote: (post)
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Mastermind completely ruining Phoenix and kicking off the Dark Phoenix Saga is the obvious example of telepathy not being a cure-all against illusions.

Wasn't this when Jean still could barely grasp the concepts of TP? Not a great example.

Where on Earth are you getting that idea from? Jean was a seasonned veteran even before she became the Phoenix avatar.

quote:

What it's done when not bound by the rules of this tourney is irrelevant. In this match it's can't do what you want it to.

What bounds? The only thing the Waterbearer hand does is give Aquaman an extra punch against Mages which you drafted. You just drew a bad number here.

That "extra punch" would break a tie in his own class, but not let him exceed it.

quote:

Perhaps you should review the rules. Using telepathy for things like that is specifically forbidden.

"• A mental attack on an opponent is allowed though."

To which Ecstasy is very vulnerable.

Attacks sure, but not the kind of instant takedown you described. There would be time for my team to mount a defense, as opposed to the scenario you suggested.

You're also acting like Aquaman even knows that she should be his prime target. Nobody on your team knows jack about her, and leading off with psi-hunting in the middle of a mass brawl is rather out of character for him.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 09:18 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

Well I see that no body like my right up last time.I just learned about this so I'll post back tommorow. eek! big grin cool

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 03:01 AM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by hulk10
Well I see that no body like my right up last time.I just learned about this so I'll post back tommorow. eek! big grin cool

You won't win, so it doesn't even matter if you never post...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 03:16 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by batdude123

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 03:17 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I'll run this match until January 1st.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:10 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Originally posted by batdude123

That's cold, man. No need to be rude, we were all his age once. If it was all about winning, I'd have quit after yesterday's two vote turnout.

Welcome back, Hulk10. Give us your best shot.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:29 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where on Earth are you getting that idea from? Jean was a seasonned veteran even before she became the Phoenix avatar.

Wasn't this around ish 150 in which Jean just started using TP?

That "extra punch" would break a tie in his own class, but not let him exceed it.

This is so silly and desperate it doesn't even deserve a response.

Attacks sure, but not the kind of instant takedown you described. There would be time for my team to mount a defense, as opposed to the scenario you suggested.

Fine Aquaman hits her with a TP attack which dizzys her and makes her tangible allowing for either a

Shield throw from either Cap
Rock throw from Sand or any class 100 fighter
Nerve Strike from Shiva (oops that's not allowed because it lets her do e-meta damage roll eyes (sarcastic) )
Claw rip from Swift
Speed Blitz from Sonic
etc etc etc

to take her down.

The rest of your team, who are all conviently plucked into one place thanks to the genius tactic of gathering them inside one person, who's especially vulnerable to one of my guys, gets dogpiled.

You're also acting like Aquaman even knows that she should be his prime target. Nobody on your team knows jack about her,

616 Cap knows EVERYBODY (well meta wise) in the 616.

and leading off with psi-hunting in the middle of a mass brawl is rather out of character for him.

Mass brawl? It's a effing 14 on 1 according to you (with your entire team hiding inside Ecstasy and all).

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 09:28 AM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

Here's my write up:

B dot Rob like I told X in our 1'st battle it took a savage Hulk to take down BB's force feild and all he has to do to do it is wave his hand.And your kicking cap in the nuts thearoy if he can dodge bullets he can dodge a swift kick to the balls.Anyway like X BB uses his ...? wait do start with some logs in our igloo tell me Ev.Anyway BB uses his electron blast to start a fire on the logs.Since Colossus and Sasqautch can each with stand cold temputures they go outside and talk about a plan to stay side by side and if possible take each others fall and just beat the dang crap out of any enimes in their path.Oh!Your stay behind stradgy and can't get hurt ... let me tell you this not Hulk,Superman or even the Surfer could a scream from BB and not be knocked out is at least 99.9% to 1% and thats what he's going to do if he has to so shut the **** up!!!!!!!!!Once again your Black hole and assult forgot my force feild MORAN!!!And trying to make Medusa's hair brittle she has hair that is the ... let me put it this way her hair has the = solidness of a steel bar at jail.Cap and Elecktra can easily out manuver most attacks.BB could also with stand punchs from Hulk.And if BB wanted to win he would have.Also tigra can out run plenty of your attacks and plant them every once and a while.Unless somebody of either of you can tamper with molicules then Cap's shield is safe they dodge and plant a few attacks every once and a while and thats about it.

Last edited by hulk10 on Dec 30th, 2006 at 04:11 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:00 PM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

It won't let me edit so they pick Cap as the team leader and I like Rob's suggestsion on working together and I say Yes but to let you know just remember once we beat the CRAP out of X we fight.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 04:19 PM
King Kandy

Laminator X. His strategy is better then the other two put together.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:26 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by King Kandy
Laminator X. His strategy is better then the other two put together.

yes

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 05:52 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Voting for Laminator X. He seems to have he best grasp of the fight, and everything so far seems well thought-out.

But, I hope Hulk10 beats Rob. Just for the laughs that I'll have. smile

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 06:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
outavodka
Il Cut You B!tch!!!!

L X seems to have this under contral here.

Drivin a fast car listening to Deftones baby. Cred to Rewmac for this sick sig!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 08:48 PM
outavodka is currently offline Click here to Send outavodka a Private Message Find more posts by outavodka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mordo? What the f**k?

Tell me he isn't allowed free-roam prep.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 06:06 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Sadly, I'm not allowed to have Mordo turn everyone into demigods, or the like. I'm saving most of the real Mordo madness in hopes of having some surprises left should I make it to the later rounds.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 04:51 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Sadly, I'm not allowed to have Mordo turn everyone into demigods, or the like. I'm saving most of the real Mordo madness in hopes of having some surprises left should I make it to the later rounds.

Haha, how the hell did you lie your way into being able to have him?

I shall vote for you!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 06:11 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by long pig

I shall vote for you!

Same way you lied your way into being able to have Dr. Strange in a herald level tourney. smart

stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 06:13 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by long pig

I shall vote for you!

Make sure you vote properly, I think that Evangel want people to put:

"Vote - Laminator" at the top of their posts, followed by their explanation.

I believe some peoples' votes did not count due to this fact. I could be mistaken, though.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 06:16 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Soljer
Make sure you vote properly, I think that Evangel want people to put:

"Vote - Laminator" at the top of their posts, followed by their explanation.

I believe some peoples' votes did not count due to this fact. I could be mistaken, though.

Good enough.

I vote for Lam for the simple fact that he has more of a grasp of what his characters can do and a better plan in which he can use his characters. Also, his characters are better, smarter and a bit more powerful in almost every single way.

I base all this on the few posts Lam has written, so when he goes full on, whoever he's against better have their shit together.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 06:37 AM