KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Epic Movie

Epic Movie
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Suffice to say, everything in the trailer doesn't always make it into the movie. In the "Date Movie" trailer, they showed Alyson Hannigan with a "grill", which wasn't in the theatrical version.

(There was a talking beaver in "Chronicles of Narnia", which is the movie in which this one is rooted, for what it's worth.)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:59 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AstroFan
I love how they include spoofs of things that arent in the genre they spoof. roll eyes (sarcastic)
same here

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 01:59 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I agree with Wolfie that I'll watch any silly spoof/satire movie, since I'm so easily amused by cheap potty/toilet humor. I hated Date Movie and Not Another Teen Movie, so my expectations aren't too high for Epic Movie.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 05:42 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JDFE
LOL look

The jack sparrow part looks funny.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:53 PM
JDFE is currently offline Click here to Send JDFE a Private Message Find more posts by JDFE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
I agree with Wolfie that I'll watch any silly spoof/satire movie, since I'm so easily amused by cheap potty/toilet humor. I hated Date Movie and Not Another Teen Movie, so my expectations aren't too high for Epic Movie.

I thought "Not Another Teen Movie" was awesome, actually.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:21 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

I want to see it because they are finally making fun of movies that i like.

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:42 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

yeah I actually thought 'Not Another Teen movie' was funny
this one looks alright
I hope it is better than 'Date Movie' and 'Scary Movie 4'
those were awful.

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:57 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Wow. Okay. Not seeing this.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 10:26 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I have been dissapointed with most recent spoof movies. I thought Scary Movie was decent, but not that good. I didn't like Scary Movie 2. 3 and 4 were also decent in my opinion, but also not that good.

Never saw Date Movie, and don't have that much of a desire too.

This one looks equally bad.

I mean, I only saw like, 2 semi-epic movies they were trying to spoof. The rest is just pop culture.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 11:23 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

They should make a "Spoof Movie" and make fun of themselves. I'd go see that.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 05:14 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

No surprises here...the critics are butchering the film. thumb up

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 07:18 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boomshakalaka

Originally posted by The Core
Spoof genre's been dead for a while now. It's no surprise. Personally, I liked "Date Movie" a lot. I watched it again the other day on Cinemax HD. It kinda goes back to the old school spoof with silly innuendos and just outrageous humour, not too over the top a la "Not Another Teen Movie". It was flat in parts, but I thought the good outweighed the bad.

As far as "Epic Movie" goes, I've seen 2 trailers. My hopes aren't high for it, as the writers also penned "Spy Hard", my least favorite Leslie Nielsen movie, but I'll sttill give it a look when it hits DVD. Honestly, it couldn't be much worse than "Scary Movie 4", which I didn't think was terrible.

*applauses Stranglove*
DAMN SIKIPPY!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 07:53 PM
boomshakalaka is currently offline Click here to Send boomshakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by boomshakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by boomshakalaka
*applauses Stranglove*
DAMN SIKIPPY!
....that wasn't me
Originally posted by Dusty
Wow. Okay. Not seeing this.
seconded

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:45 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to see this movie. I'll wait for DVD or TV though.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 01:23 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It's practically mentally challenge.

The Beaver talks and the girl kicks it....WTF this is not comical it's just retarded.

I agree. Seriously I was so full of rage when I saw the trailers for this that my head almost exploded. I seriously have no idea how they got the green light for this. It's looks like the most absolute biggest pile of crap ever. I hate these stupid spoof movies. It's just not funny. I'm still fuming over Scary Movie 4. I seriously did not laugh once.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 02:53 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Actually, the joke is that she keeps doing it.

"Ahh, it's a talking beaver!" *kicks*
"We've met before...."
"....I know."

The redhead is supposed to be the ditsiest of the bunch.

If you couldn't tell by that, I saw Epic Movie today. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would've. It's on par with Date Movie, IMO.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 08:38 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

if anyone saw it today. was it good ?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 02:49 AM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by spidey-dude
if anyone saw it today. was it good ?

No....It's horrendous. The worst were those stupid subtitles.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:20 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

the comercial looked kinda funny

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:11 AM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

After Scary Movie 3, these movies have been awful.

Then again Scary Movie 2 was just as bad

Here's hoping, that 'Superhero' can bring back the genre, considering its been in production for about 3 years now

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:12 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote