KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Most offensive comic characters names!

Most offensive comic characters names!
Started by: By Crom!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

the Blob

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 05:39 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

does anybody remember the episode of Harvey birdman where apache chief was on it and black Vulcan was giving testimony about how they made him take the name black Vulcan and he suggested they call aquaman white fish. Anyway like all of the super friends had racist names.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 08:52 PM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

I am surprised the worst of the worst was never mentioned here.

How about Hal Jordans' eskimo mechanic buddy he lovingly referred to as 'Pie-Face'?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:44 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by theICONiac
I am surprised the worst of the worst was never mentioned here.

How about Hal Jordans' eskimo mechanic buddy he lovingly referred to as 'Pie-Face'?

retconned. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Originally posted by -Pr-
retconned. stick out tongue

Must have been recent.

I recall an issue of GL from the 90's where Hal and PF had a whole conversation about the name, with PF saying it did not bother him as Hal was his friend.

Speaking of racist names, how offensive is the name 'Mick'? Is it mildly annoying like Newfie or bigtime offensive like the N-word or somewhere in between??

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:35 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Must have been recent.

I recall an issue of GL from the 90's where Hal and PF had a whole conversation about the name, with PF saying it did not bother him as Hal was his friend.

Speaking of racist names, how offensive is the name 'Mick'? Is it mildly annoying like Newfie or bigtime offensive like the N-word or somewhere in between??

it was when johns took over in 2003 i think.

lol, its somewhere in between. it really depends on the context and the person saying it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Originally posted by -Pr-
it was when johns took over in 2003 i think.

lol, its somewhere in between. it really depends on the context and the person saying it.

Just wonderin'...don't know a lot of purebred Irishmen...just a lot of mutts like myself big grin

Are you still residing in Alberta?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just wonderin'...don't know a lot of purebred Irishmen...just a lot of mutts like myself big grin

Are you still residing in Alberta?

not at the moment no; i'm back in ireland. i am trying to get a new work permit though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:50 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shit head
Phuck-with
Jonny two dicks

those are actually people im not kidding

I have returned

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:21 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Shit head
Phuck-with
Jonny two dicks

Those are vulgar but not offensive.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:25 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Shit head
Phuck-with
Jonny two dicks

We are talking comic characters not family members stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:28 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I found the fact a black character was named Rage and was supposed not to be racist quite funny. They should have named him Mad Nigga no expression

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:35 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Originally posted by Bentley
I found the fact a black character was named Rage and was supposed not to be racist quite funny. They should have named him Mad Nigga no expression

The name in itself was ok.

But coupled with the fact he wore a ski mask and looked like he was ready to knock off a 7/11 somewhat justified his, er, negative image.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 10:20 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Black lightning

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 11:32 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Black lightning

At that time all virtually all black characters had "Black" in front of their names. It's not even that offensive by modern standards.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 11:42 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Holocaust really shouldnt be offensive. It MIGHT be for some people who dont the word existed long before the holocaust. But SHOULDN'T.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 06:22 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Black Pnther

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 10:48 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoeyy
zoey bad gal brooks

there is one really accept wanker lol

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:05 AM
zoeyy is currently offline Click here to Send zoeyy a Private Message Find more posts by zoeyy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoeyy
zoey bad gal brooks

Re: Most offensive comic characters names!

what about hancock well it not really afeensive you now i just thought of ti while i was working xxxx i always put kiss s smilesmile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:09 AM
zoeyy is currently offline Click here to Send zoeyy a Private Message Find more posts by zoeyy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoeyy
zoey bad gal brooks

ha ha thats nice does anyone watch ncis

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:10 AM