KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT)- 'The Real'

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT)- 'The Real'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Alright, then Barb will take the front gun.

"Been awhile since I've had to man one of these puppies." He says gleefully, as he settles in and begins warming up the Targeting system.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 12:22 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Unfortunately, lacking Hoverpilot won't cut it for flying. So Marduk will have to take the helm.

Incidentally, Finn and Ariadne can both shoot a little.

Damn. Would Finn be better at it than one of us?

If not, San will take the remaining gun. Melis, are you going top or bottom?

(...that sounds amusing...)

Cloud, it's going to be up to you to help keep track of what's going on.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Apr 19th, 2007 at 02:36 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 02:25 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yeah, I can do that.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 02:43 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay. I'd say then, stay with Marduk and Finn for now, unless they have anything they want you to do...

...and I'd also say keep an energy weapon nearby, just in case.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 05:46 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

Barb still has his Plasma Rifle.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 08:06 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

I'll grab the bottom gun.

Nice trick.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 08:31 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Sounds good, I was going to put San on the top turret anyway.

And Barb gives me an idea that would probably be helpful. I think it'd be a good idea for everyone to keep their energy guns nearby. That way if worse comes to worse and sentinels get inside the ship, we don't need to waste time arming ourselves. That suggestion is for both ships, btw.

To make up for the fact that San and Melis are crappy gunners and Barb is only decent at best, we're going to have to really fight smart here and pay very close attention to what everyone is doing. Our best chances would be for San and Melis to target squids that Barb has damaged but not killed, I think. We'll also need to very much take advantage of the facts that the Percy is the small speedy ship and Marduk is a very good pilot.

Thankfully of the two ships, we're the one that's generally better at planning and coordinating and paying attention, so that should help stick out tongue

"I hardly know what I'm doing with this thing..." San says in response to Barb, settling in her turret. "You'll need to hit whatever you can, and Melis and I will clean up whatever's not destroyed as best we can."

Last edited by Peach on Apr 19th, 2007 at 08:47 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 08:44 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I know it probably isn't, but Ush, is it possible for the Shez to cover the Percy if things get out of hand for them?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 08:55 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not in the way you mean. But the positioning of the two ships is taken into account in the battle system, so one ship can move to a position which means attacks on a damaged part of the other may cease.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 08:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay, that could also be very very helpful.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 09:00 PM
Barbarossa

"Don't worry 'lil lady, I have never liked missing my targets." He replies over the Comms. Theres a smile in his voice.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 09:35 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Cloud will grab the plasma gun, just in case anything goes wrong. He'll then check on the Philo players stats, and the operators station to make sure things are going well with the other team. The nhe'll head to the cockpit and call "Where do you need me cap?"

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 10:46 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

*Sigh*
Calimari cookers guys..
Cmon! Whats the use of generating RP slang if we don't USE it!
The same way me and Rex are trying to bring Coppertop Killer back in vogue to replace CC

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 01:47 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Holy crap, somehow I forgot about that term, and I was the one that invented it, too...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 01:56 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I was going to say Calamari cooker, but Barb said Plamsa gun and I thought I'd sound even more geeky if I had.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 09:59 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Cloud, Philo players are... wait... ok, no, they're fine. There was a bit of disruption on the signal there for a moment, probably to do with interfacing with the Door. Not that you are an expert. Heart rates etc. are up. They are nervous about something.

"Keep checking the ship for hull breaches," says Marduk. "The sensors don't always pick them up, especially if the Sentinels have destoyed the sensors."

---

Just so we are sure, Shez is in the lead, Percy behind. By default, that currently means Shez will get fewer rear attacks, the Percy fewer frontal.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 11:18 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

Why put the bigger, less nimble ship up front?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 12:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Why do you think?

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 01:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Seeing as we're charging straight into a mass of Sentinels, the Shez will be able to use all five of its guns to fire forwards. The Percy would have trouble with that- less guns, less skilled gunners.

San, maybe you and Barb should switch. If the Percy is going to be facing more rear attacks than frontal attacks, it would be down to you and Melis; Barb can't fire backwards.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 01:18 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

EDIT- oops, wrong thread

Last edited by Alkaselzer on Apr 20th, 2007 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 01:19 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote