KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT)- 'The Real'

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT)- 'The Real'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Because we're heading toward the cloud of Sentinels, and thus will be somewhat protecting the Percy during the charge through them, which the Percy really needs?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 01:26 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah...we definitely need whatever help we can get in this...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Seeing as we're charging straight into a mass of Sentinels, the Shez will be able to use all five of its guns to fire forwards. The Percy would have trouble with that- less guns, less skilled gunners.

San, maybe you and Barb should switch. If the Percy is going to be facing more rear attacks than frontal attacks, it would be down to you and Melis; Barb can't fire backwards.

That sounds like a good idea to me. Okay Barb, we're switching. I'll take the front gun, you take the top. Barb can shoot anything coming from behind, San can try and get whatever gets past the Shez, and Melis can help either of us, depending on the situation.

I'm assuming that we can switch places during the fight, right?

Logic, Barb stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 02:01 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, we'd best have confirmations soon!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 04:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, unless anyone has a damn good reason to change anything, I think everything is about set now.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 04:57 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Hmmm, it'd be harder for the Percy to make a run for it this way, is what I meant. =P

Barb will take the rear then.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 07:57 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, because simply making a run for it will really work with that many sentinels after us...

Okay, so it seems to me as though it's settled; San will be on the front gun, Barb the top, and Melis the bottom one, and Cloud will be checking to make sure that sentinels don't break through the hull (and definitely keep your plasma gun/calamari cooker on hand for that).

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 08:19 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Shez

FRONT- Burn
TOP LEFT- Ares
TOP RIGHT- Mors
BOTTOM LEFT- Hawk
BOTTOM RIGHT- Fire

-

Percy

FRONT- San
TOP- Barb
BOTTOM- Melis

-

That's the final order.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 10:33 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No job for Finn?

Btw, Hoverpilot can be used as a replacement for Guns, not as a boost.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 11:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, I did ask yesterday if Finn would be better on the guns than one of us...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 11:10 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, well, that gives Mors a pool of 4 and Fire a pool of 6. Buggery.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 11:12 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Still not as bad off as we are.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 11:13 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I said Finn has a Gun skill.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 01:51 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, if he has a gun skill, unless he has a really crappy gun skill and really crappy dexterity, then he's likely going to be a better gunner than we are.

And with how we're positioned, getting people who are decent on the top and bottom turrets is more important than the front, since we'll be getting more attacks from the back, and they can fire front and back.

Melis and Barb both seem pretty determined to blow stuff up here, so Barb will stay where he is on the top turret, and then Melis, I want you to move to the front. And then Finn shall go on the bottom turret. And I guess San's not shooting things for now!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 02:27 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Shez

FRONT- Burn
TOP LEFT- Ares
TOP RIGHT- Mors
BOTTOM LEFT- Hawk
BOTTOM RIGHT- Fire

-

Percy

FRONT- Melis
TOP- Barb
BOTTOM- Finn

-

That should do it. I don't have any changes I want to make to the Shez, and Percy seems situated?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:15 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Unless, as I said before, anyone has any damn good reasons for changes...we should be good now.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:21 PM
REXXXX
Networking

So...let's lock and load?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:58 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Locked and Loaded...

Lets go die in a moment of heroic glory!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:19 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

edit.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 06:49 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, let's get down to some business.

The playing card deck, minus Jokers, is full for this scenario. Each turn I draw two cards, one each for Shez and Percy. The card dictates where the next attack comes from- which o'clock (12, 3, 6, 9 and maybe a surprise or two), which elevation (high, mid, low) and how many. Anything drawn Shez rear or Percy front gets split between the two ships as logic dictates. At the start of the scenario I will make four draws for each ship to show the starting situation.

Don't worry about ammo, you have loads of it. DO worry about overheating guns. Each time you fire a gun, its temperature increases by one. You can fire the gun up to three times each turn.
Once the temperature reaches ten, the gun is liable to malfunction when fired; the hotter, the more likely. Guns cool by one point in a turn they are not fired.

The amount of cards drawn for each ship may well increase as the situation changes.

All clear?

BtVS

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:50 PM
Peach
mordrem

Seems simple enough to me, I don't really have any questions beyond "how easy do sentinels die".

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:58 PM