KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Venom's Return....

Venom's Return....
Started by: Menetnashté

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
supervenom
There is only..SUPERVENOM

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Menetnashté
Do you have a link to it?

Originally posted by steverules
I wanna see it too big grin

http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?...ervenom2tt2.jpg
His website is in that picture, www.godfist.com. Hes a great and talented artist. big grin

I just got part one today and thought it was awesome, though too short. It was kind of sad to see Eddie in his current condition, he looked like he was in his 60's. And he's just sooo skinny now. I'm not sure if the symbiote wants brock back, because at the beginning he was talking like he was pissed that Brock tried to sell him, but by the end of the issue he was rooting Brock on.

I like how Brock is skinny, goes to show the strength of the symbiote and how much he is without it.

looks hilarious with that nylon. Reminds me of Paper Bag Spidey.

Picture drawn by Richard Watts, the Heavy Metal Ninja
http://www.chrysander.com/

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 04:01 AM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

You disappoint me. Gargan is a crap symbiote, he should've stayed as Scorpion he was cooler as Scorp

I could care less what you think. Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 04:40 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I could care less what you think. Happy Dance

I think you do... shifty

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 04:58 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

When will Eddie actually merge with the symbiote?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 05:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
When will Eddie actually merge with the symbiote?

If Eddie and Peter fight in the next issue Venom should come out of his blood stream I believe. In any case they'll merge next issue not sure how but they will.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 05:58 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

You disappoint me. Gargan is a crap symbiote, he should've stayed as Scorpion he was cooler as Scorp

Co-signed.Brock 4 life!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 06:34 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arcinis
In love with the DJ

I am so sad.

He truly is the best.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 03:14 AM
arcinis is currently offline Click here to Send arcinis a Private Message Find more posts by arcinis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

This is awesome, Im really excited, I hated Gargan as Venom too.

But yeah, I actually read SS #38 and at the end, Eddie was putting on the black suit, but not the symbiote itself? confused That confused me. So is the symbiote just going to bond to the suit thats on Eddie?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 03:22 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arcinis
In love with the DJ

who knows we just have to wait and see.

He truly is the best.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 03:25 AM
arcinis is currently offline Click here to Send arcinis a Private Message Find more posts by arcinis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Yeah...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 04:10 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by braz
This is awesome, Im really excited, I hated Gargan as Venom too.

But yeah, I actually read SS #38 and at the end, Eddie was putting on the black suit, but not the symbiote itself? confused That confused me. So is the symbiote just going to bond to the suit thats on Eddie?

I'm putting spoiler tags on what happened in #38 [SPOILER - highlight to read]: OK, so he put on the nylon suit, but the symbiote is in his blood supposedly, like it was for Carnage, so it's likely when he fights spidey in the next issue, and he will, that he's going to end up cut and the symbiote will emerge, and once again Brock will regain the Title of Venom. but that's just what I think.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 06:01 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by llagrok
As Scorpion he got 0 spotlight.

Oh yeah, soo lets give Electro and Hydroman symbiotes too!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 01:31 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

While it is possible that the Venom Symbiote had left traces of itself in Brock after he sold it, I'm not sure that thats whats going on in Sensational Spider-man #38. To me, it seems that the Symbiote we see in the issue is fake. Its showing how being with the Symbiote for so long messed with Eddie's head. As a result, he's scitzophrenic now.

In any case, people believe that Gargan is a poor Venom, and while I agree somewhat (I personally think he's an alright Venom, but do prefer Brock), I think his continuing to be a host to the Symbiote makes sense. If y'all notice, in any issue that Gargan is in now, he seems to put up little to no resistance to the Symbiote's will. Thus, making him easier to control. Even Angelo put up a mental resistance. The Symbiote got fed up with him and let him die.

While as a character, he isn't quite as good as Eddie, he is a better host (due to the previously stated reason).

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll
miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's
life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 04:55 PM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Eddie should get the symbiote back.Mac Gargan is a tard as Venom.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 05:35 PM
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

Well, not to sound like a jerk or anything. But that statement means nothing without any kind of support. Care to some reason as to why?

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 08:13 PM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by kiekan
Well, not to sound like a jerk or anything. But that statement means nothing without any kind of support. Care to some reason as to why?

You said it yourself, Brock is a better character.A better story will be told if they put the better character in the spotlight.Instead they have this wannabe using the Venom symbiote?Something is wrong with that picture.

After reading this issue, It doesnt seem to me that Brock will get back the symbiote though.The Venom symbiote seems to be a hallucination haunting him nowadays.But with the title of the next issue being Venom Strikes, perhaps we will see him use the suit once more.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 01:29 PM
Spiderman_RJ

unless like cletus brock still have literely the simbiont under his skin, i dont see this happening,BUUUT there is another whole simbiont saga coming in the horizon so who knows?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 03:37 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I hope to god that he gets it back, and then kills off Gargan to show who the true Venom is.

Would he be as strong as before with just some symbiote under his skin?Or would he need to take in the rest of it after disposing of Gargan?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 01:33 PM
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

If what you wish were to actually happen, more than likely, Brock would need to take a break for a while. Its been stated several times in comics that when Brock is Venom, his strength comes from a combination of his own (he was an olympic class weight lifter) and the Symbiote. Obviously, he doesn't have the former of the two parts. So he'd be signifcantly weaker.

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 05:36 PM
supervenom
There is only..SUPERVENOM

Spoiler for #39 [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Picks off where Venom is still taunting Eddie. He has Eddie kill his nurse with a scaple, because the nurse was not kind to him while he was being treated at the hospital. Venom then tells Eddie to go after May. Venom tells Eddie that its not a partnership (their relation), but a dicatatorship. Peter is then seen at Mays side and then goes out to another room to do a seance with Madam Web, Mary Jane, and Mary Janes aunt. Black Cat is outside keeping watch. Peter sees May in the seance and asks her to come back but she says its too late and she has to die sometime. Then he sees her get overcome by something (not sure if it was Venoms tongue?). As they get out of the room his spider sense goes off. He goes to Mays room and finds Eddie by the window sill. He tells Peter that the Nurse deserved to be killed but not innocent May. He then says that he got rid of Venom and shows Peter his forearms that he mutilated. He then jumps out of the window and is about to die but Peter saves him with his webs. He wakes up back in bed and Venom is taunting him once more. Eddie says that now he is in charge.

I personally didnt like this issue.

Picture drawn by Richard Watts, the Heavy Metal Ninja
http://www.chrysander.com/

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 02:10 AM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote