KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Maddeningly Unhelpful : the question thread

Maddeningly Unhelpful : the question thread
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
potcfan2003

Maybe bc he doesn't like her dad... afterall , he was arrested at his command. And I'm sad bc my mom doesn't see the benifit of seeing POTC 100 times, and so I can't watch it in theaters anymore sad, after only seeing it twicesad!! but she promised me that the day the DVD comes out she'll by it 4 me!!smile

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 06:16 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

great for you!

Now for the question. I dunno but I THINK I can answer them.

first: I LOVED the fact that Jack just stood there. Especially because in the original script Jack and Will both reach for Elizabeth "Will reaches her a second before Jack" the fact that he doesn't move has nothing to do what he felt towards governer Swann and everything to do with the JE relation ship.

A) to me (and to me only...I'm not saying this is it but I just got the impression) when Jack is standing and everyone runs past him it's like Jack is realizing she doesn't need him and...he never moves but look at his eyes he looks straight at where Elizabeth is with a sadness and wanting to go but knowing...he's not needed.

B)Jack knew the others would keep her on board (again it's just me) so it wasn't mean. A bit sad because he still hadn't forgiven her and didn't want to help her but that doesn't mean he wanted to fall over board.

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 09:08 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

second: lovethemtigers I asked the same question and came up only with one answer.
Calypso bestowed the duty of taking souls to the other world right? This wasn't enjoyable but it wasn't a curse either. When she wasn't there after 10 years he stopped doing his job, helped the brethern trap her in human form and cut out his heart right?
After that he went all fish face and from that point all the rules changed. Anyone who stabbed his heart would be the next captain and what I think is that anyone who stabbed the heart had to replace his own heart instead of the one he'd stabbed. I just think that it's a part of being the captain. As governer Swann said (not word for word) if you stab the heart your heart must replace it.
Watch how Will and Jack register Swann's words.

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 09:17 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

Yes, but I think that that particular stipulation that Jones put on it will end with Will. Any Captain after that wouldn't have to cut out their heart.

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 03:24 AM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
musikat42

Modified Bible Quote Source

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ericadawn
What Davy Jones said before releasing the Kraken in DMC was a reworded bible quote:

Let no joyful voice be heard.
Let no man look up at the sky with hope. And let this day be cursed by we who ready to raise... the Kraken!
Originally posted by JCapt Jaeh_K.S
oooh.. nice.. didn't notice that. what verse, book, and chapter? big grin

I stumbled on this thread looking for other information, but got hooked by this question. The relevant Bible verses are Job 3, 7-8:

"Behold, let that night be solitary, let no joyful voice be heard in it. Let those who curse the day curse it, who are ready to rouse up Leviathan."

It's part of a rather long-winded speech in which Job curses the day he was born, wishing it never had happened, which runs the entire length of the 26-verse chapter.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 08:15 AM
musikat42 is currently offline Click here to Send musikat42 a Private Message Find more posts by musikat42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

That's so cool. Good find. There was so many similarities with Job and Davy Jones. It just emphasizes what a fallen angel he is.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 01:02 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Cool! Mine says "awaken the leviathan" hehe!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 03:38 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Dad blame--it's always something wonderful!!

I know swordage. To Norrington as commodore, relinquished after he
loses his commission
Returned to him when he goes back with heart
Beckett returns it to Norrington before Beckett
summons Jones in AWE
Bootstrap kills Norrington, Davy Jones collects
Norrington's sword with which Jones kills Will
Will collects sword after he becomes Dutchman
captain and now it's full circle

Jack knows they haven't returned to the world, that they are still in Davy Jones' locker. That's why he doesn't freak that her dad is still alive.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 05:08 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"A) to me (and to me only...I'm not saying this is it but I just got the impression) when Jack is standing and everyone runs past him it's like Jack is realizing she doesn't need him and...he never moves but look at his eyes he looks straight at where Elizabeth is with a sadness and wanting to go but knowing...he's not needed."----tee pirategirl

That's beautiful. Well said! A lot of people seem to think Jack doesn't care and he's plotting to stab the heart now that he knows where it is, but his eyes are too shiny, too shimmering. He feels Elizabeth's pain and I agree with you on why he doesn't run after her. I'm sure he understands exactly how she feels. He's probably lost someone close to him before.

Do you think he might have some insight in what she went through to save him from the Locker? It always seems like after this point they're back on friendlier terms.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 03:36 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Maddeningly Unhelpful : the question thread

Originally posted by siriuswriter
This is a thread to ask little questions about the movie, about plot holes, or little lines that you may have missed, or things that made you just go "What the...?"

We definitely have a huge collective pool of knowledge here at KMC, so if there's a little question you have about the movies that may not generate a lot of discussion but you still want answered, like... "What did Davy Jones say before he let loose the Kraken in DMC?" or "What brand of eyeliner does Jack Sparrow wear?" or, "Does anyone know the track on the soundtrack in AWE that plays under the part where Will proposes to Elizabeth?"

put it in here. smile

Hey, cool!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 10:09 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is PotC123 @goodvs.evil?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 10:10 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote