KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Maddeningly Unhelpful : the question thread

Maddeningly Unhelpful : the question thread
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surreal_44

More than possible; it's pretty much canon. Since we never see her give up her title as Pirate King or her Lordship of Singapore, there is no reason to assume that Elizabeth has ditched either title.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:33 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

good point....

so, they all have their ships... Jack's is unavailable though.. erm

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:38 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Love, once Jack gets the the water from the fountain of youth, he can have all eternity to get his lovely ship back. big grin So no, it's not available, but he can still get it back. big grin

Besides, at least his dinghy appears to be more water-tight than the one he sailed into Port Royal on. big grin

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:49 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

Jack has his boat

but I have flag question: Whose is Skull and Crossbones flag? Jack's or Barbossa's

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:50 AM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I know.. but maybe he'd get it en route to the fountain of youth... wink

lol.. so true about the dinghy.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:52 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

skull and crossbones is a standard for pirates i think... but some choose another...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:55 AM
Sifzensinril
Meself

but when Jack is left in Tortuga, he finds different flag
but when is the final battle, Pearl has Skulls and Crossbones flag, so she is Barbossa's in the moment

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:58 AM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

he makes his own... you're talking about the dingy right?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:05 AM
Sifzensinril
Meself

right

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:05 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

i think he made his own... it has skull and crossbones, and two birds.. which i think symbolizes sparrow.. smile

and prolly freedom too.. wink

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:06 AM
Sifzensinril
Meself

and he made it because he wouldn't sail under his flag, which was stolen by Barbossa

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:08 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

probably... interesting...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:27 AM
Sifzensinril
Meself

very interesting

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 10:28 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

yes, it is.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 10:54 AM
Surreal_44

I like Jack's flag. big grin

Hey, the head of Jack's mum...he's walking around wearing it now, and I've been pondering...do you think it's possible his mother was a Pelegastos? It would explain how he knew so much of their language, and how he knew what was going to happen to him.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 01:52 PM
siriuswriter

Well, Gibbs knew what was going to happen to them as well - I had a feeling that it was just "general piratey knowledge." Also, most of what Jack was saying to the Pelagastos seemed to be nonsense... "Maboogie snickle snickle?" I think Jack could've picked up on a few of the words like "kill," especially if he was around whilst the other crew members were being... um... made into the bone balls.

I do have a question: are we ever told around what year Pirates takes place? I need that fact for a fanfic, that takes place thirty or so years after, so I need to know what time period I'm playing around with.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 06:19 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

about the eyeliner...it's not grease it's a UV stick from India (said so in the special features of the DVD)

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 06:31 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

wow. very interesting tpg.

I'm not sure about Jack's mum... I'd guess siriuswriter is right.

siriuswriter, i have no idea, 'fraid i can't help you there... why don't you just look around wikipedia for when the golden age of pirates is still there and look around and get a feel on when it might be..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 02:02 AM
Surreal_44

The thing about "Pirates" is that there is no real 'correct' date. The costumes, weapons and sometimes language used are not proper for the times at all, and they contradict each other. For example, Port Royal was destroyed numerous times in the early 1700s (earthquake, hurricane, fire), but the Royal Navy didn't start using uniforms until nearly 1760 or later.

Since it's a fantasy world and all that, I usually choose a middle ground, usually right before the American Revolution begins. I usually choose to go with 1745 up to 1760 when I think about the Pirates world. big grin

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 03:08 AM
siriuswriter

So d'you think that 1800 would be an time for it? That'd be interesting, I could bring elements of the Revolutionary War into it - Will would have to ferry the men who died at sea across still... wouldn't he? oooh. Now there's an interesting idea. smile Then I could have all that going on in the background... Yes, I like that idea more and more.

Well, thanks for having that there for me to bounce off of. smile

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 03:17 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote