KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Ororo: Storm Queen of the Wakandans

Respect Ororo: Storm Queen of the Wakandans
Started by: BlueDMighty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rutog98
Cool. I just want to get the issues where she appears though. I wish Marvel would let us know!!!
I know what you mean. I've got another person that I'm tracking down to make sure I get all of her appearences.. so far I know I don't.

But I'll keep an eye out in the ones I get like the New Warriors series to see if she shows up again and I'll report back if she does.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 09:16 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Here's an extensive list for a lot of the appearances she appears in, if anyone wants to see it (it might not be all, but it's still a lot):
http://comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=173

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 09:20 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 08:31 PM
BlueDMighty is currently offline Click here to Send BlueDMighty a Private Message Find more posts by BlueDMighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

Originally posted by KK the Great
Wow.

The only stretching I'm seeing here doesn't happen in the comic.

Narrator:

"Officially speaking, fiftey miles high is where space begins.
The Boundery isn't that precise, of course; on a molecular level Earth's atmosphere goes on for quite a ways.

This is considered to be as high as Human beings can fly in anything less than a rocket.

The narration in conjuction with Character dialog in the panels suggest that she used "wind" to support herself, Archangel, and the "Plasti-jet" and cary them 50 miles above the planet were there is no wind to manipulate.

By the time she tires, Forge says that she brought them a fair bit further than they thought possible.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 08:51 PM
BlueDMighty is currently offline Click here to Send BlueDMighty a Private Message Find more posts by BlueDMighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BlueDMighty
Good lookin out fellas big grin

I was lookin for a list like that.

More bad assery

Storm vs Gangsta Skrulls

(please log in to view the image)

Now THAT looks like the storm I know. eek!

Storm summons the power of the ENTIRE CORE!! UXM-165

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 09:41 PM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KK the Great

Narrator:

"Officially speaking, fiftey miles high is where space begins.
The Boundery isn't that precise, of course; on a molecular level Earth's atmosphere goes on for quite a ways.

This is considered to be as high as Human beings can fly in anything less than a rocket.

The narration in conjuction with Character dialog in the panels suggest that she used "wind" to support herself, Archangel, and the "Plasti-jet" and cary them 50 miles above the planet were there is no wind to manipulate.

By the time she tires, Forge says that she brought them a fair bit further than they thought possible.

Like I said.

Practically Olympic-level stretching.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 06:19 AM
KK the Great is currently offline Click here to Send KK the Great a Private Message Find more posts by KK the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

What up loud big grin

Like I said.

Practically Olympic-level stretching.

My mistake, I assumed you weren't a Troll embarrasment

Exododus, Creshosk; do you guys have a problem with the feat's description?

Anybody else?

How would you all word it?

Last edited by BlueDMighty on Dec 4th, 2007 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 01:58 PM
KK the Great

No, you thought I was an idiot, apparently, and figured I would be impressed by that garbled abortion of logic you just tried to pass off.

Nothing about that scene could ever be rationally described as "Storm stretches the planet's atmosphere."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 02:19 PM
KK the Great is currently offline Click here to Send KK the Great a Private Message Find more posts by KK the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

No, you thought I was an idiot, apparently, and figured I would be impressed by that garbled abortion of logic you just tried to pass off.

Nothing about that scene could ever be rationally described as "Storm stretches the planet's atmosphere."

O.K. I'll bite.

How would you describe it???

Last edited by BlueDMighty on Dec 4th, 2007 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 05:11 PM
Creshosk

What up loud big grin

Exododus, Creshosk; do you guys have a problem with the feat's description?

Anybody else?

How would you all word it?
"Stretching the atmosphere" is a fancy way of putting it. As the boundry of space that they're at is about 100km up at the Karman line (about 62 miles rather than 50 but that's okay the number isn't important just the conceptualization of location for the story). It does mention that the atmosphere continues on a way after that. The magnetosphere is considered to be part of the atmosphere and it ends at the exosphere at about 10,000km, iirc.

She could be preceived as stretching a parts of the atmosphere, depending on how you look at it. If she's pulling wind up from down below it could be from the stratosphere where most air bouyant objects stop, The mesosphere above that or a small part of the thermosphere that sits above that where the karman line is.

Any way you look at it its an impressive feat to push wind up high enough to support Archangel, herself and the plastiglider. "Stretching the atmosphere might be hyperbolic, or it might be a symantic argument depending on what part of the atmosphere you're talking about specifically.

But the short answer is: I have no problem with that description you gave it.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 05:53 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

Thank you sir.

Originally posted by Creshosk
"Stretching the atmosphere" is a fancy way of putting it. As the boundry of space that they're at is about 100km up at the Karman line (about 62 miles rather than 50 but that's okay the number isn't important just the conceptualization of location for the story). It does mention that the atmosphere continues on a way after that. The magnetosphere is considered to be part of the atmosphere and it ends at the exosphere at about 10,000km, iirc.

She could be preceived as stretching a parts of the atmosphere, depending on how you look at it. If she's pulling wind up from down below it could be from the stratosphere where most air bouyant objects stop, The mesosphere above that or a small part of the thermosphere that sits above that where the karman line is.

Any way you look at it its an impressive feat to push wind up high enough to support Archangel, herself and the plastiglider. "Stretching the atmosphere might be hyperbolic, or it might be a symantic argument depending on what part of the atmosphere you're talking about specifically.

But the short answer is: I have no problem with that description you gave it.

Fair enough.

I was talking about the Atmosphere in terms of wind and air.

If I were able I would amend the feat description based on your very specific explination.

Storm Supports herself, Archangel, and the plasti-jet with wind at the "Karman line"

Last edited by BlueDMighty on Dec 4th, 2007 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 07:38 PM
KK the Great

O.K. I'll bite.

How would you describe it???

Correctly and without injecting massive bias, for starters.

She flew to the absolute limits of the atmosphere.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 01:21 AM
Rutog98

Storm controls the weather through Invisible Woman's force-field:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 12:06 AM
Rutog98 is currently offline Click here to Send Rutog98 a Private Message Find more posts by Rutog98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Storm controls the weather through Invisible Woman's force-field:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

You not stating this properly she is controlling the weather outside the shield she has not shown the ability to do that inside the shield where sue is.but anyone who reads it can tell that so not big deal....

Last edited by SuperiorTech on Dec 8th, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 12:28 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

double post my bad.

Last edited by SuperiorTech on Dec 8th, 2007 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 12:28 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rutog98

Does everyone see the logic in what I stated above with the Storm/Sue's force-field thing? She was inside Sue's force-field and controlled the weather on the other side of it. She would be able to do the reverse since they are the same thing. The force-field's interior is composed of the same energies as its exterior. Hence, Sue is able to not only block out explosions, punches, and energy blasts by putting a force-field around herself, she is also able to contain these things by putting a force-field around what she wants to contain. This is a fact, not speculation.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 07:06 AM
Rutog98 is currently offline Click here to Send Rutog98 a Private Message Find more posts by Rutog98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KK the Great

Does everyone see the logic in what I stated above with the Storm/Sue's force-field thing?

See it.

Rejected.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 07:22 AM
Rutog98

LOL. Like I care. Other people can read it and come to their own conclusions. Many of them are going to see it and know its right though they may not voice it. :P

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 08:19 AM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your argument is sound. It is affirming the antecedent.

Storm summons the power of the ENTIRE CORE!! UXM-165

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 08:32 AM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

The argument is unsound its affirming the consequent.

Just because it worked one way does not mean it will work the other way.

Saying that it is affirming the antecedent is to commit the wishful thinking fallacy.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 09:20 AM