KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Isaac's Loft - The Official Social Thread

Isaac's Loft - The Official Social Thread
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

waiting for it

It's only at 5%

but thanks to Tatoo, I'll see it by tomorrow, or in another 12 hours if I'm lucky big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:04 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kodak
you guys will F*cking love it.
I already saw it

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:37 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by S_D_J
waiting for it

It's only at 5%

but thanks to Tatoo, I'll see it by tomorrow, or in another 12 hours if I'm lucky big grin

Depends on how fast the guys can get it online.

EDIT: Wait, are you already downloading it?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 05:36 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So that was a fun way to start things off. By throwing us right back into mystery.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 05:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Captain REX
So that was a fun way to start things off. By throwing us right back into mystery.
Totally b!tchin'

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 05:59 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Strangelove
I already saw it
oh... well.. You f*cking loved it... right?

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:16 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

oh... well.. You f*cking loved it... right?
MOTHER****ING YES! I'm not Strangles, but I loved it too.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:17 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Tattoo
i felt you would.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:19 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

And yes, Ken speaks for me too.

FCKING AMAZING

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:24 AM
Dave_97
Party Dave

so... Same time next week?, See'yah.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:31 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm interested in what this next episode has to do with Lizards.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:49 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Proteus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mohinder (the lizard stick out tongue )?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 03:17 PM
Proteus is currently offline Click here to Send Proteus a Private Message Find more posts by Proteus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Maybe someone can control lizards as a power? Kensei perhaps?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:40 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Depends on how fast the guys can get it online.

EDIT: Wait, are you already downloading it?

yep, I was downloading, the problem was that the RS links kept being taken down, and I had to download the same piece as much as four times erm.

finally I used mirrors sites and it was all good.

and then another problem: my connection got caught off for the last day or so and couldn't get online. Now I'm here

loved it too, though there are new mysteries, they will be explained through out the season, not to mention that cliffhangers get resolve in the next episode (given they still follow the same trend they had last season)

Originally posted by Captain REX
I'm interested in what this next episode has to do with Lizards.

dunno: Parasite was "Sylar being (or behaving) like a parasite"

.07% was a fun tittle, had nothing to do with story, but got mention twice.

who knows...

so... Same time next week?, See'yah.

in the same bat-channel, at the same bat-time

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 06:01 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

.07% was a fun tittle, had nothing to do with story, but got mention twice.

.07% was the title of the episode because it was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the percentage of the population Linderman speculated would be killed by the explosion, an "acceptable loss" according to him.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 09:36 PM
S_D_J
Bane

.07% was the title of the episode because it was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the percentage of the population Linderman speculated would be killed by the explosion, an "acceptable loss" according to him.

yeah, I knew that big grin

... what I meant to say it's that the tittle isn't as important to the story, compared to what actually happened in the episode. it's a percentage, not even a number, a Smartass response by Linderman to Nathan's question, and then comic relief given by Nathan when Peter asks the same question ( even though Peter wasn't expecting an answer).

Lizard could mean just about anything (you can think of that has something to do with lizards), not an actual "Lizard" big grin

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 01:48 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

.07% had a lot to do with the plot of the episode, as well as the arc of the story.

Nathan was coming to grips with the loss of half of New York City. He knew it was morally wrong to allow that to happen, but the miniscule number of .07% was hanging over him the whole time.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 03:22 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I beg to differ

0.07% its a diminutive "number" for what it actually means.

.07% of what?, someone might ask. of the US population? of the entire world? or just New York

Linderman said it of the top of his head, cuz he had already calculated, and saying it in form of a percentage, it's to take the impact of what it means.

He didn't need to say it, though. Nathan didn't need a number to know what was going to happen was wrong. One Innocent person is enough to make someone at least consider the repercussions of his actions.... even Sylar thought that many people dying (even though he didn't know how "many") was wrong, because it didn't serve him at all.

.07% was actually used by the writers to serve as a joke... and it got used as the tittle as well, because it suits it.

... was I the only one who laugh when Nathan said it to Peter?...

I seriously doubt "Lizards" its called that way because of A lizard... unless of course it turns out Mohinder (Chandra Suresh's Iguana) it's actually a man that can turn into a lizard smile ...

... or maybe Kensei's power it's to turn into a lizard... and he happens to be Mohinder (again, Chandra's Iguana) big grin

Last edited by S_D_J on Sep 29th, 2007 at 04:15 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 04:08 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

As a joke? I don't think so. Your analysis is completely wrong, IMO. .07% was a relevant number to the story.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 05:25 PM
S_D_J
Bane

... was I the only one who laughed when Nathan said it to Peter?...

my analysis is wrong?

how is it wrong?

what does .07% means then?

what is it necessary for Nathan to know the percentage (not even the exact number) of "acceptable losses" before he realizes it was wrong?

one Innocent person it's not important?, it takes .07% to be important?
even Sylar knew it was wrong, and he never heard the "percentage"

the entire episode could have gone without the number ever being muttered, and it still would have made an impact. Nathan knew (in this episode) the true behind his running for congress, he finally knew the true of this entire scheme, and finally understood what he brother told him, he finally knew it was going to happen, that it wasn't delusions or crazy talk. He finally believed

to Nathan's question, Linderman could have simply say that there will be losses or just acceptable losses for a greater good, no need for the .07%.
Peter asked the question not expecting an answer, Nathan saying it made it funny, but it implies that he was considering the repercussions of his actions, he could just say "a lot" or "not many", or nothing at all, like Peter expected

if you're judging Nathan's decision, or indecision, it' s due to a "minuscule number" (it was not minuscule at all), then you'd be mistaken. It was overwhelming for him to know he's destiny has been decided for him, and in order to achieve it, New York needed to explode (by a Nuclear fallout no less), and many people needed to die. not just a bunch.

and without the number, it still would have been a killer episode, one the best heroes had last season

about "Lizards".... what if it is the name of the Irish thugs Gang?

just saying...

Last edited by S_D_J on Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 10:41 PM