KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sith Lord Revan vs Grand Master Luke

outcome of battle
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
reven wins, hands down 13 19.40%
close battle but revan ends up on top 4 5.97%
stalemate 2 2.99%
close battle but luke ends up on top 10 14.93%
luke wins, hands down 38 56.72%
Total: 67 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sith Lord Revan vs Grand Master Luke
Started by: Spartan 063

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D-FENS

These fanboys disgust me. First they come here spouting there bullshit to no end and disregard what's been established because of their childish opinions.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 01:31 PM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Sorry dick head, it was the narrator who stated it so you LOSE!.

Okay, first of all Ouch!!
I don't know what everyones problem is with me but it feels slightly personal now.

secondly...
quote:
Prepare to get your ass handed.

...is a frankly pathetic come back.

thirdly...

quote:
Lol you claimed to have read it, why don't you ask lightsnake? Hell it has been posted by publius so many times and gideon has been nice enough to post the actual quote several times for idiots like you to see.

... I'm not pathetic enough to read the whole history of this website, so if you could just give me the condensed version I'll happily crush it.

{quote]Sorry dick head, it was the narrator who stated it so you LOSE!.[/quote]

I've got the book here and I believe it states: "Finally, he saw the truth. This truth: that he,the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known... just- didn't- have it.

It was Yoda's thought. All the narrator does is tell us what Yoda realises. As I've already said he's bias and not really in a possition to judge himself comparatively against (presumably) dead rivals.

quote:
And Luke does know some forms so you fail yet again. Luke seemed have specialized in Djem So. I know he has practiced jar kai.

Never heard anything even remotely like that. Never been a mention of forms.

I've also heard things about Luke being unbeatable in one on one combat. What the hell's that about?

Lastly: Revan does > Sidious.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaxWham

You know your so called CANON sources like "Jedi vs. Sith" can be real bullshit too. I've just read it and look what I’ve found: according to this cheap shit Bastila “SUBDUED AND CAPTURED REVAN”!!!! THAT IS ****ING LIE!!! Also there is a picture where Bastila force pushing Revan!!!! BUT IT IS CANON THAT THEY HAVE NEVER FOUGHT BEFORE MALAKS BETRAYAL!!!! The author of this "book" is an ignorant ***, who underestimate and hate Revan just like your kind, or just doesn’t even know Kotor plot. So this book is as canon as FULL OF BULLSHIT JUST LIKE YOUR ARGUEMENTS!!! AND WHAT ABOUT PALPY FIGHTING STYLE, NOTHING TO SAY RIGHT ???????

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 05:14 PM
Click here to Send MaxWham a Private Message Find more posts by MaxWham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaxWham

And especially for the idiot, that stated that it is not Canon that Revan eliminated all Malak’s forces on the Star Forge, IT IS CANON, in one scene Malak orders all of his troops to attack Revan, and states that even all of his man WONT STOP REVAN, AND CAN ONLY SLOWER HIM!!!So try again noobs. P.S. And by the way have you all read the previous threads where it was debated and stated million times that Revan>>>Luke>>>Sidious!! You are definitely A New Generation Of Sidious Fannypants.
P.S. And by the way Exodus THANKS FOR a little help heresmile!
P.S.S. And it was even decided that Malak(without Star Forge)>>>>>>>>Palpy smile))

Last edited by MaxWham on Jan 28th, 2008 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 05:23 PM
Click here to Send MaxWham a Private Message Find more posts by MaxWham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaxWham

THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT OF THE YEAR!!!

http://b.imagehost.org/view/0027/075.jpg

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 05:41 PM
Elite Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MaxWham
THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT OF THE YEAR!!!

http://b.imagehost.org/view/0027/075.jpg

A picture has no effect om canon the cutscene is more cannon imo opinion because I too am not to fond of the pic.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by MaxWham
You know your so called CANON sources like "Jedi vs. Sith" can be real bullshit too. I've just read it and look what I’ve found: according to this cheap shit Bastila “SUBDUED AND CAPTURED REVAN”!!!! THAT IS ****ING LIE!!! Also there is a picture where Bastila force pushing Revan!!!! BUT IT IS CANON THAT THEY HAVE NEVER FOUGHT BEFORE MALAKS BETRAYAL!!!! The author of this "book" is an ignorant ***, who underestimate and hate Revan just like your kind, or just doesn’t even know Kotor plot. So this book is as canon as FULL OF BULLSHIT JUST LIKE YOUR ARGUEMENTS!!! AND WHAT ABOUT PALPY FIGHTING STYLE, NOTHING TO SAY RIGHT ???????

That is one pic and see my above post. And how did the author "underestimate" Revan? The author is not the illustrator. And you have not backed up your arguments with enough

quote:
And especially for the idiot, that stated that it is not Canon that Revan eliminated all Malak’s forces on the Star Forge, IT IS CANON, in one scene Malak orders all of his troops to attack Revan, and states that even all of his man WONT STOP REVAN, AND CAN ONLY SLOWER HIM!!!So try again noobs. P.S.

Ok I have seen the cutscenes and Malak said he sent an "army" of star forge droids at Revan. Then all AVAILABLE troops no where did it say ALL TROOPS but any that can be sent to the battle the star forge is just to big for Revan to battle everyone. To further back this up there are doors you can see during the level that you can't get through. Plus I'm pretty sure you see that sith fighters taking off while playing near the 2 areas with the turrets people there are not involved in the battle and Revan never goes there so Revan didn't take out everyone on the star forge.

quote:
And by the way have you all read the previous threads where it was debated and stated million times that Revan>>>Luke>>>Sidious!! You are definitely A New Generation Of Sidious Fannypants.

Sorry but you have it wrong Luke>Sidious>Revan And I have said that revan is one of my favorite characters and if you learned to read that I have posted many sources that all point to Sidious being the most powerful sith while you have posted nothing that says revan is. And you are the same old OMG REVAN IS TEH UBER GOD!!! AND BEATS ANYONE fanboy. So you fail

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Jan 28th, 2008 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Darth Exodus

I've got the book here and I believe it states: "Finally, he saw the truth. This truth: that he,the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known... just- didn't- have it.

It was Yoda's thought. All the narrator does is tell us what Yoda realises. As I've already said he's bias and not really in a possition to judge himself comparatively against (presumably) dead rivals.

quote:

There came a turning point in the clash of the light against the dark.

It did not come from a flash of lightning or slash of energy blade, though there were these in plenty; it did not come from a flying kick or a surgically precise punch, though these were traded, too.

It came as the battle shifted from the holding office to the great Chancellor's Podium; it came as the hydraulic lift beneath the Podium raised it on its tower of durasteel a hundred meters and more, so that it became a laserpoint of battle flaring at the focus of the vast emptiness of the Senate Arena; it came as the Force and the podium's controls ripped delegation pods free of the curving walls and made of them hammers, battering rams, catapult stones crashing and crushing against each other in a rolling thunder-roar that echoed the Senate's cheers for the galaxy's new Emperor.

It came when the avatar of light resolved into the lineage of the Jedi; when the lineage of the Jedi refined into one single Jedi.

It came when Yoda found himself alone against the dark.

In that lightning-speared tornado of feet and fists and blades and bashing machines, his vision finally pierced the darkness that had clouded the Force.

Finally, he saw the truth.

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known... just-didn't-have it.

He'd never had it. He had lost before he started.

He had lost before he was born.

The Sith had changed. The Sith had grown, had adapted, had invested a thousand years' intensive study into every aspect of not only the Force but Jedi lore itself, in preparation for exactly this day. The Sith had remade themselves.

They had become new.

While the Jedi-The Jedi had spent that same millennium training to refight the last war.

The new Sith could not be destroyed with a lightsaber; they could not be burned away by any torch of the Force. The brighter his light, the darker their shadow. How could one win a war against the dark, when war itself had become the dark's own weapon?

Way to completely mis interpret the statement so it favors you fanboy. Read the enitire passage and you would realize, the narrator calls him that as a way of describing yoda's power and how power can't destroy the new sith. Yoda realized that he couldn't win you. Please post anything that Yoda is bias anything else. Mace is not bias to himself. A could ask this to a 7th grader and they would understand it better than you nebaris.

quote:

I've also heard things about Luke being unbeatable in one on one combat. What the hell's that about?

Firstly of all NO ONE is unbeatable and I mean no one. Second of all how in the world do you expect anyone to fight if they did not practice a form a combat is not some play swordfight and I could argue that the 3 new forms in Luke's order would unfamiliar to anyone before hand.
Look at the way Luke fights in the movies he uses strength to beat vader while using the darkside aswell. and that is djem so and he uses to blades against Lumiya so he knows jar kai.
Originally posted by City Hunter
These fanboys disgust me. First they come here spouting there bullshit to no end and disregard what's been established because of their childish opinions.

fanboys ruin KMC

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Jan 28th, 2008 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 08:07 PM
OmegaSupreme
Restricted

Account Restricted

In all honesty, Darth Exodus and I aren't actually the same person, though I'm pretty sure he wants people to think that we are.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 11:12 PM
Click here to Send OmegaSupreme a Private Message Find more posts by OmegaSupreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by OmegaSupreme
In all honesty, Darth Exodus and I aren't actually the same person, though I'm pretty sure he wants people to think that we are.

You can't deny his opinions are very similar to yours and then when he was inactive was when your second newest account was made and then he returned a day after that one was banned.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 11:14 PM
OmegaSupreme
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
You can't deny his opinions are very similar to yours

One from what I've seen: that Bane > Sidious. As for how he views Revan, our opinion on him couldn't differ more. I view Revan as being significantly weaker than people such as Sidious. He considers him, from what I've seen, a top tier force user.

quote:
and then when he was inactive was when your second newest account was made and then he returned a day after that one was banned.

This isn't the Star Wars Universe. There is such a thing as a coincidence.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 11:19 PM
Click here to Send OmegaSupreme a Private Message Find more posts by OmegaSupreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by OmegaSupreme
One from what I've seen: that Bane > Sidious. As for how he views Revan, our opinion on him couldn't differ more. I view Revan as being significantly weaker than people such as Sidious. He considers him, from what I've seen, a top tier force user.

true I haven't really recalled you defending revan.

quote:
This isn't the Star Wars Universe. There is such a thing as a coincidence.

I know but I'm naturally suspicious wink

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 11:22 PM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Revan rules! big grin

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:20 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, first of all Ouch!!
I don't know what everyones problem is with me but it feels slightly personal now.
I'll give you a hint pal, i don't give a **** about your feelings if you disregard canon.

...is a frankly pathetic come back.
The thing is, it isn't a comeback.

... I'm not pathetic enough to read the whole history of this website, so if you could just give me the condensed version I'll happily crush it.
Your pathetic enough to claim that you read it which if you did, you wouldn't ask me for the quote.

No it does not, read it again... carefully and try to comprehend. It was not stating from yoda's perspective but the narrator itself.

Theres no need for a mention if you actually had common sense, he learned saber combat from both obi wan and yoda.

Read NJO and DN and you will see.

I'd love to see you prove it considering the fact theres enough evidence to put sidious above revan.

@Omegasupreme,

Very well then nebaris, i won't bother you and i will leave you to your own opinions.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 09:04 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Theres no need for a mention if you actually had common sense, he learned saber combat from both obi wan and yoda.

Is that canonally. Can you answer this: Has there ever been an actual, direct mention of lightsaber forms in Luke's order. 'Cause if there isn't then your whole argument goes down the crapper.

quote:

Thanks for finally clarifying that but if you read any of my previous posts you'd see that i've been trying to distance myself from you for quite some time.

quote:

Okay, now I'm scared. Your right though.

quote:
And especially for the idiot, that stated that it is not Canon that Revan eliminated all Malak’s forces on the Star Forge, IT IS CANON, in one scene Malak orders all of his troops to attack Revan, and states that even all of his man WONT STOP REVAN, AND CAN ONLY SLOWER HIM!!!So try again noobs. P.S. And by the way have you all read the previous threads where it was debated and stated million times that Revan>>>Luke>>>Sidious!! You are definitely A New Generation Of Sidious Fannypants.
P.S. And by the way Exodus THANKS FOR a little help here!
P.S.S. And it was even decided that Malak(without Star Forge)>>>>>>>>Palpy ))

YAEH!!!! SOMEONE WHO FINALLY AGREE'S WITH ME!!! Even if he is slightly unhinged.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Your totally wrong about that quote by the way. It's about the narrator explaining Yoda's thought's.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 01:10 PM
Elite Hunter

Your totally wrong about that quote by the way. It's about the narrator explaining Yoda's thought's.

You are an idiot with reading skills comparable to that of a 5th grader. Just because it says he doesn't mean it is coming from Yoda. Read the rest of the passage. Notice that the NARRATOR says HE after that one line to describe why Yoda lost. It is BLATANTLY obvious. Get some comprehension skills or better yet don't come back. All he is doing is substituing in "he" for Yoda which is done often and you haven't shown proof of another instance where Yoda has shown bias to himself.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Jan 29th, 2008 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 07:42 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is that canonally. Can you answer this: Has there ever been an actual, direct mention of lightsaber forms in Luke's order. 'Cause if there isn't then your whole argument goes down the crapper.

It is pure common sense which you lack moron, firstly it has well been acknowledged that the NJO don't use the same saber forms save for luke.

Secondly he learned lightsaber combat from yoda and obi wan, if not, how the hell was he able to even swing one and fight in the first place? Let alone put vader on his ass when he had gone apeshit?

Because vader or any other duelist can take down anybody who swings a saber like any tom dick and harry where they just randomly try to chop at their opponents with no skill to even know how to take down his opponent.

Everything does not need to be stated because common sense would tell you the answer.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 10:35 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OmegaSupreme
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
You are an idiot with reading skills comparable to that of a 5th grader. Just because it says he doesn't mean it is coming from Yoda. Read the rest of the passage. Notice that the NARRATOR says HE after that one line to describe why Yoda lost. It is BLATANTLY obvious. Get some comprehension skills or better yet don't come back. All he is doing is substituing in "he" for Yoda which is done often and you haven't shown proof of another instance where Yoda has shown bias to himself.

Actually, technically, the narrator could simply be indirectly voicing Yoda's belief on the matter.

"Finally, he saw the truth."

Here, the passage is speaking from Yoda's perspective, referring to what he came to believe.

"This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known... just-didn't-have it."

It then goes on to elaborate on the "truth" that Yoda came to realise. Given the context, it's very possible that what is described is simply what Yoda believes to be the truth, presented indirectly. Of course, what you've been saying could be the case as well, but it's inconclusive, meaning the quote doesn't really prove a thing.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 11:20 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Noobaris, stop arguing the validity of quotes because this is how you lose quickly. It's canon.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote