KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!

AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate

and honestly, i had never heard of Johnny Depp before pirates of the caribbean... not saying he wasn't amazing or talented, just saying, critical acclaim really doesn't add up to much if films don't bank.

That always boggles my mind. How could people have not heard of Johnny Depp before then? I was never much of a movie buff and I just recently became a Depp fan which is what made me go back and watch Pirates which I refused to watch when they first came out. But I was always well aware of his body of work and since I was like 17 I have loved Edward Scissorhands.

And Johnny Depp doesn't care all that much about bankable films he just likes to do really different roles and often ends up in offbeat type films. Critical acclaim IMO does matter more than bankability as far as how seriously I take the actor. Johnny Depp only ended up in Pirates because it was something he really hadn't done before.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 01:17 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

O by Oscar bait I mean movies that are pretty much guaranteed to get nominations. Some actors are known for doing Oscar bait all the time, for example Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts are people who I consider oscar baiters. Not that I don't think they're good but they pretty much only do work that has Oscar written on it. It's not a bad thing but sometimes actors fall into that and lose their versatility.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 01:21 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Deal with it mad laughing

Willabeth is love.

Captain Jack Sparrow is freedom

Naw! I'll stick to me ship! Its Sparrabeth Now and Forever!! Thats were the Love is! smile

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 01:39 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by PirateDiva
Naw! I'll stick to me ship! Its Sparrabeth Now and Forever!! Thats were the Love is! smile

Love that kills and leaves the man uninterested in a kiss later. cool

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 01:57 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

lol...What's the rush? As far as Jack knows both him and Elizabeth are still very much alive and maybe he just knows that there is plenty of time and other chances! smile I mean its not like Jack is condemed to...oh i dont know... ferrying dead souls for 10 years or anything of the sort! And with her attempt at kissing him again (after she had oh so honorably taken her vows to Will) he probably knows it's only a matter of time before they are together! wink

do correct me if I'm wrong darling but i dont remember Elizabeth ever vowing to remain faithful....as a matter a fact i dont remember her vowing anything except saying I do...which is less than what I can say for the poor bloke of the Whelp! Fool! lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Last edited by PirateDiva on Dec 13th, 2007 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:08 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

lol...What's the rush? As far as Jack knows both him and Elizabeth are still very much alive and maybe he just knows that there is plenty of time and other chances! smile I mean its not like Jack is condemed to...oh i dont know... ferrying dead souls for 10 years or anything of the sort! And with her attempt at kissing him again (after she had oh so honorably taken her vows to Will) he probably knows it's only a matter of time before they are together! wink

Jack sailed off and didn't look back. I'm sure he has more interesting adventures to go on that don't include Will's pregnant murdering wife laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:10 AM
katelovespirate

Jack has proven he eventually gets what he wants. He always is ten steps ahead of everyone. He's got tricks up his sleeve that Lizzie hasn't had to try and resist yet. "true love never dies, but their story is yet to be told". "never dies"? fountain of youth. "Yet to be told"? True love lasts forever, but that doesn't mean Ilsa didn't show up at Rick's room that night with more on her mind than the letters of transit... wink

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:11 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

I edited my previous post!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:19 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Jack has proven he eventually gets what he wants. He always is ten steps ahead of everyone. He's got tricks up his sleeve that Lizzie hasn't had to try and resist yet. "true love never dies, but their story is yet to be told". "never dies"? fountain of youth. "Yet to be told"? True love lasts forever, but that doesn't mean Ilsa didn't show up at Rick's room that night with more on her mind than the letters of transit... wink

Jack didn't ever really want Elizabeth like that. He's a horn dog, hence why he got slapped by every other woman in the film. Elizabeth's the only one he didn't get to sleep with laughing out loud And like I said I don't he wants to dabble in Will's leftovers versus sailing the world. And Elizabeth wants to stay faithful to Will till the day she dies.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:21 AM
SelinaAndBruce

do correct me if I'm wrong darling but i dont remember Elizabeth ever vowing to remain faithful....as a matter a fact i dont remember her vowing anything except saying I do...which is less than what I can say for the poor bloke of the Whelp! Fool! lol

They got married and CONSUMATED the marriage I don't know what the point of marrying anyone is if you're not going to be faithful. Don't strain your muscles doing all that reaching regardless Liz aint sleeping with Jack he's off doing his own thing not worried about her, says Disney laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:22 AM
katelovespirate

i strongly disagree.

come on, S and B, I keep coming up with these witty comebacks, at least give me some credit. i think the most we can say is "agree to disagree", because the film leaves too many gaping holes to know exactly who was thinking what or what happened during the 10 years Will was gone.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:23 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

i strongly disagree.

come on, S and B, I keep coming up with these witty comebacks, at least give me some credit. i think the most we can say is "agree to disagree", because the film leaves too many gaping holes to know exactly who was thinking what or what happened during the 10 years Will was gone.

There are no gaping holes. The story is pretty much laid out plain as day only people and their ships are twisting things to see them as they want best. As someone who doesn't have a couple ship and never did in the movie I followed the storyline.

Your comebacks are funny I enjoy sparring with you guys but many of you are going on suppositions and your own hopes as Sparrabethers. I'm just going by the movie itself before I was exposed to all these fanships and such. I'm not a Willabether at all but I think it's clear they're the story, that's their kid and that Elizabeth and Will's hearts belong to each other. That's what Disney was trying to say. Whether they told the story well enough, well that's another argument.

I love you guys and I do admire your tenacity though. It's probably hard to defend a couple that got so little in a film and to fill in the holes the way yall do

Last edited by SelinaAndBruce on Dec 13th, 2007 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:28 AM
katelovespirate

jack and elizabeth got equal, if not more, screentime together than will and elizabeth did, btw.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:34 AM
SelinaAndBruce

jack and elizabeth got equal, if not more, screentime together than will and elizabeth did, btw.

They didn't get a love story though is what I mean. They got some flirting and a kiss. And in AWE it was very clear Jack had cooled on Elizabeth considerably.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:35 AM
katelovespirate

i can't speak for the other sparrabethers, but i was never looking for a love story. thats exactly what made sparrabeth so appealing to me. i'm completely cynical as far as traditional romances go and was looking for something less obvious, less cliche, less spelled out... something that more closely resembled my experience with life, perhaps.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 02:38 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Just wait til Mina comes back!! If you think we r defenders of our ship Mina can unleash a wrath!! oooooh! lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 03:33 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

No hun I'm going by what Disney gave us as well! Like Kate said Jack and Liz developed more on screen than Will and Liz did! Over the duration of COTBP Jack and Elizabeth were together most of the time as they were in Dead Man's Chest! There were hardly any character growth conversations between Will and Liz for me to grow to love them! All the conversations were between Jack and Liz!

The way the trilogy began we were forced to assume that Will and Liz felt for each other but we never saw them develop together! Now we can safely say that by the time Jack and Elizabeth met, Liz already knew about Jack as well....probably even knew about him before she even met Will! But from that point on the relationship we saw grow was that of Jack and Liz's! smile

Then in DMC whether you want to see it or not....Magic happened!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 03:54 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Ha, I feel like I'm in a Wrestling match and PirateDiva is doing the intro for me.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna consume you, S & B, with my wrath stick out tongue. The name's Mina and yes, I am a Sparrabether enthusiast extraordinaire ! As we are all wink.

I'm sorry, but I'm sticking with what Kate is saying, willo, Diva, and lovethemtigers. (By the way, hello my girls!). Not because they are Sparrabethers, because they have a point.

I really don't find Will and Elizabeth as love. I actually see it more as desperation than love, mm, more like a love for actually keeping eachother safe - protecting eachother. I never have seen sparks for between those two couples. Ever.

I agree that Sparrabeth is FREEDOM. Because that's what it exactly is: Freedom to love, freedom to sail the seas, freedom to do whatever the hell you want without the need of wearing corsets and trying to make impressions on people and definitely without waiting for your husband who screwed you, left you stranded on the beach while he sails the seven seas sitting on his daddy's lap and making her wait 10 damn years like a sick puppy. Beats the hell out of that!

No gaping holes? I have never seen so many plot holes in my life. I mean, not even the swiss cheese that I see in markets have that many holes than what AWE has.

I still say, and me and PirateDiva were talking on the phone about this, that Sparrabeth was never an illusion nor it will be. It was there for a reason. If you read the script, the kiss was something that they were both yearning for ever since they met. Meanwhile, ever since Liz met Will, she always had the feeling of keeping him safe. Never like the sparks that formed when she met Jack. Because they both "are alike."

I have nothing against Orlando. If I see him in person I would probably jump on the man and my girls know what I will do with him wink. But, I absolutely find Will Turner's character annoying (in AWE) as well as their cheessy romance.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:09 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Well hello there Mina!! big grin lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:10 AM
katelovespirate

Hugs and Kisses Mina!!!! We've missed you and the wrath of Sparrabeth!! wink You always know just the right way to put things.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:13 AM