KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » So I'm watchin' the New Animated TF's on Cartoon Network

So I'm watchin' the New Animated TF's on Cartoon Network
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

First off, the new transformers cartoon sucks ass, they should of made it for a more mature audiance, with good japanese animation,
and as for the dinobots they have always sucked ass.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 04:17 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Who else thinks this version of Megatron is superior to the old one?

Nothing wrong with the classic version, voiced by Welker, but Megatron in Transformers Animated just seems far more menacing. Corey Burton does a great job.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 09:19 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Who else thinks this version of Megatron is superior to the old one?

Nothing wrong with the classic version, voiced by Welker, but Megatron in Transformers Animated just seems far more menacing. Corey Burton does a great job.

Yup.

Welker did a fine job, but his 'cons were reduced to the three stooges after the pilot, Megs however is a MONSTER in this.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 11:32 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Pretty cool, he's been re-introduced.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 02:33 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HollywoodGurl

havent seen it but i just looked at the commerical on youtube and well all i got to say is why did they make this 2 thumbs down

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 06:30 PM
HollywoodGurl is currently offline Click here to Send HollywoodGurl a Private Message Find more posts by HollywoodGurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by HollywoodGurl
havent seen it but i just looked at the commerical on youtube and well all i got to say is why did they make this 2 thumbs down

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 07:52 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I still prefer Frank Welker.

But I got to say, thats the definite second best characterisation I've heard. smile

Starting to realise with every episode I see that this is definitely pre-school stuff and its just not for me really.
I wont forgive what they did to Soundwave, and the character designs and animation style are modernised garbage to mine eyes.

I don't hate it, per say, but its just like an extra kiddified kids version of the old cartoon. Its nice to see though, the easter eggs of G1ness that pop up though... Daniel... Kremzeek on the monitor at one point etc... smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 08:16 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

It is meant to be a film adapation of some sorts. Kids seems to really like it, I however, am getting my G1 kicks from the new comics being released.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 08:40 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The dreamwavey type malarkies..?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 11:46 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Hopefully.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:58 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

But I got to say, thats the definite second best characterisation I've heard. smile

Starting to realise with every episode I see that this is definitely pre-school stuff and its just not for me really.
I wont forgive what they did to Soundwave, and the character designs and animation style are modernised garbage to mine eyes.

I don't hate it, per say, but its just like an extra kiddified kids version of the old cartoon. Its nice to see though, the easter eggs of G1ness that pop up though... Daniel... Kremzeek on the monitor at one point etc... smile

*shakes head*

Sadako, you sound really intolerant and ignorant right now. You know that ?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 09:06 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Now now, some of us rather embrave G1, as it layed out everything we know and love.

it is a travesty what this cartoon has done to our favorite bots, but it's not meant for us. it's meant for a new generation of fans.

Some people can't stress that enough.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 07:50 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scythe
Now now, some of us rather embrave G1, as it layed out everything we know and love.

it is a travesty what this cartoon has done to our favorite bots, but it's not meant for us. it's meant for a new generation of fans.

Some people can't stress that enough.

I understand your feelings, however you must admit, while G1 was entertaining at the time (far above the other Children's Cartoons at the time) it still was rather simplistic. Not that that's a bad thing, but I prefer the more complex feel Animated has. I will admit however I find some of the human designs .....lacking. Not Americanime per-say but it has that annoying 'stretched' feeling to it.

Now, please explain to me what this 'travesty' is. Is it Prowl being a Ninja ? Or Ratchet being Ratchet/Kup ? Because (outside of the comics) the two had rather cut-and-dry personalities IMHO.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 11:28 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by grey fox
Now, please explain to me what this 'travesty' is. Is it Prowl being a Ninja ? Or Ratchet being Ratchet/Kup ? Because (outside of the comics) the two had rather cut-and-dry personalities IMHO.

No, the characters are fleshed out pretty well imo, the "travesty" I was speaking of was their look. Coming from a G1 aspect, which I am slowly learning to let go, is the look of the bots. I'm just not digging it. I hated the Teen Titans for their, as you stated, "stretchy" look, but now that it's overcome my favorite Bots, it well..... sad to say, pissed me off alittle. It takes getting used to, but please! Starscream and Optims Prime's neck should not be thicker than their waist!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 05:21 AM
Alucard25

Yeah just caught several of these episodes and must say I don't care for it.About the only good thing I've seen so far from it has been Megatron and Starscream and thats not really enough for me to like it.Really one of my least favorite of the TF series.

Signature made by Rogue Jedi

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 08:59 AM
Alucard25 is currently offline Click here to Send Alucard25 a Private Message Find more posts by Alucard25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alucard25

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

I pretty much agree with you on everything you said and I've seen a lot of other TF fans mention those things as well.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 09:02 AM
Alucard25 is currently offline Click here to Send Alucard25 a Private Message Find more posts by Alucard25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'm thinking people expected a more, older, wiser in command Optimus?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 06:38 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scythe
I'm thinking people expected a more, older, wiser in command Optimus?

We kinda get that in Magnus.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 11:33 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Well yeah, but I can't help to think that the show would be more acceptable by casual G1 fans if there were a Prime who was wise, skillful, and the like.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 07:12 PM
Galvaclaw

quote:
Well yeah, but I can't help to think that the show would be more acceptable by casual G1 fans if there were a Prime who was wise, skillful, and the like.

We've had that kind of leader for 7 shows now. I think it might be time for a change. More if we include the Japanese series.

It's nice we seem to be getting some actual character development from prime for once. We havn't seen that since armada and that was only tacked on the end and forgotten by energon.

Also this show is worth it just for the Megatron killing Starscream montage.

That's not saying I love the animation. I've gotten used to it but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer them looking less stylised. Still it does has the best storyline aside from Beastwars which is why I keep watching.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 10:40 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote