KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » So I'm watchin' the New Animated TF's on Cartoon Network

So I'm watchin' the New Animated TF's on Cartoon Network
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Holy crap, that's G1!

Old Post May 9th, 2008 12:46 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

cool

Old Post May 9th, 2008 05:29 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Cool. To hear Weird Al in a cartoon. His voice is very very suited to the medium.

I think G1 Wreck-gar was more stoic and he constantly "talked in TV"
again, strong G1 route, but this is just kiddified that extra bit, I guess which fits the show and works well within it.. still don't like the animation style, but I appeciate the conceptual thought gone into this here.

Coulda done without the "More than meets the eye with you" level of corny dialogue refering to the 86 movie.

EG That whole "Hi Im Wreck Gar! And I dare to be stupid" thing...

Well thank you for the classifieds ad, Mr.Wreck Gar!! Do you also also like busty blondes, smoking and find children and pets irritating? Jeez. stick out tongue

You all know I love the G1 stuff, but that execution was so hammy.
But feck it, this one for Pre-schoolers, so one can't expect Shakespear
I suppose.

Not bad design though. Not too bad at all.
Clearly resembles him smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 9th, 2008 at 07:54 AM

Old Post May 9th, 2008 07:50 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

quote:
You all know I love the G1 stuff, but that execution was so hammy.
But feck it, this one for Pre-schoolers, so one can't expect Shakespear
I suppose.

It's aimed at the same audience as almost every Transformers show 5-10 year olds. G1 was just as immature. Its just been animated in the same style most modern action cartoons are been done in.

If you want more mature robot shows go watch Gundam or Macross you'll never get it from Transformers again.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 06:19 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'm sure there'll be a mature Transformers series, give it time

Old Post May 11th, 2008 08:23 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The dreamwave comics were a step in the right direction.
They shoulda let those guys been involved.

Old Post May 11th, 2008 09:02 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Last nights episode was pretty poor, then again it seemed more-over intended to be an 'introduction' to Blurr.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 05:39 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
It's aimed at the same audience as almost every Transformers show 5-10 year olds. G1 was just as immature. Its just been animated in the same style most modern action cartoons are been done in.

If you want more mature robot shows go watch Gundam or Macross you'll never get it from Transformers again.

Well why not stick on Robocop in that case? Now thats a mature robot movie... stick out tongue

I do know that when I was ten to like thirteen and the originals were about, they never featured Powder-puff girl stuff and still took a more dark angle somehow. And the comics were the mark of the more mature side of what made Transformers great anyhow.

On your last point, sadly, I agree it looks that way.
The DW comics are the last best hope.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:33 AM
freek

i thought dreamwave was dead? in fact i seem to remember them being revived and then dying AGAIN

Old Post May 14th, 2008 08:32 AM
freek is currently offline Click here to Send freek a Private Message Find more posts by freek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

There's a spoiler up on youtube that depicts new characters.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: seekers, including a female seeker, omega supreme, constructicons.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 03:35 AM
Galvaclaw

quote:
i thought dreamwave was dead? in fact i seem to remember them being revived and then dying AGAIN

Thank god they did. 90's comic book style exxxtreme writing and stories pepered with over powered Mary Su's are not what Transformers needs.

Pat lee's appalling business paractices gaurateed both failures. Spending company funds on yourself anf your girlfriend while not paying anyone isn't the best idea.

quote:
I do know that when I was ten to like thirteen and the originals were about, they never featured Powder-puff girl stuff and still took a more dark angle somehow. And the comics were the mark of the more mature side of what made Transformers great anyhow.

Its because you were younger back then and have your vision clouded by nostalgia now. G1 was full of rediculous stories and one off villains that made little sense.

Besides the comics were subpar up until Furman took over. I wouldn't call Prime commiting suicide over a videogame deep. What about villains like the robot master?

Old Post May 16th, 2008 07:57 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by freek

Correct. As noted above by Galvaclaw, business was the reason it folded.

Not because it was shit.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 09:36 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Thank god they did. 90's comic book style exxxtreme writing and stories pepered with over powered Mary Su's are not what Transformers needs.

Pat lee's appalling business paractices gaurateed both failures. Spending company funds on yourself anf your girlfriend while not paying anyone isn't the best idea.

Its because you were younger back then and have your vision clouded by nostalgia now. G1 was full of rediculous stories and one off villains that made little sense.

Besides the comics were subpar up until Furman took over. I wouldn't call Prime commiting suicide over a videogame deep. What about villains like the robot master?

Its not just nostalgia. I re-read the scans from time to time.

Furman was in it from UK marvel issue 20-something.
His stuff was always cool.
Robot master and the government storyline was still way cooler and more mature than a flying powder puff girl.

You're right about the depth of the US scripts which served to introduce product every issue first then worried about content later. Yeah the prob was Bob Budiansky going into a decline around the Fifteenth US issue or so. "The Car wash of doom" would be another great example of the lameness that sometime infect the US comic's writing while the US had that, we had Target: 2006. THATS where the deep/good stuff is at.

That Prime death no.2/Pretenders story licked cybertronian donkey sacks allllllll day, But the underbase saga etc was good..

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 16th, 2008 at 09:49 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2008 09:40 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Its not just nostalgia. I re-read the scans from time to time.

Furman was in it from UK marvel issue 20-something.
His stuff was always cool.
Robot master and the government storyline was still way cooler and more mature than a flying powder puff girl.

You're right about the depth of the US scripts which served to introduce product every issue first then worried about content later. Yeah the prob was Bob Budiansky going into a decline around the Fifteenth US issue or so. "The Car wash of doom" would be another great example of the lameness that sometime infect the US comic's writing while the US had that, we had Target: 2006. THATS where the deep/good stuff is at.

That Prime death no.2/Pretenders story licked cybertronian donkey sacks allllllll day, But the underbase saga etc was good..

A lot of people enjoyed 'The Car Wash of Doom' , mostly because it was so bad it was good.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 07:43 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

shifty Thats one hell of a guilty or ironic pleasure... stick out tongue

Its like the "Trouble with tribbles" but for the TF comics.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 03:59 PM
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

I don't know if anyone here has read the Transformers comics put out by IDW, who received the license after dreamwave's demise...but i recently got a hold of all of them and the stories are really entertaining.

There's a "spotlight" series, where each issue features characters that aren't primary characters in the main story, though it still ties all together and is overall very well done.

re: transformers animated...i've been traumatized by attempts to watch the transformers cartoons from japan (armada, RID) and I really dislike these anime-style programs....that's not TF at all. Granted I'd like to take a look but I just can't get over the designs of the TFs on animated....IMO they're just hideous. How is the show itself?

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post May 18th, 2008 04:55 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

quote:
I don't know if anyone here has read the Transformers comics put out by IDW, who received the license after dreamwave's demise...but i recently got a hold of all of them and the stories are really entertaining.

I'm very fond of the IDW comics. Much better than dreamwave.

quote:
How is the show itself?

It's generally well written. Megatron is the best we've had for years. It suffers from low frame rate in some of the episodes. Also some of the filler episodes plot are a bit off. In general though its a good show with endless nods back to G1 and I mean loads. They've even had spike appear played by his G1 voice actor.

Old Post May 19th, 2008 12:39 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Indeed, the inclusion of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the sweeps and the Ark transforming can only make it better.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 06:23 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Holy crap, this just got way better. They included the twins, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jetstormand Jetfire, and the sweeps, with a female Screamer, Cyclonus, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Waspinator, Shockwave, precepter, wheeljack, Elita-One, Blurr, Arcee and Blackout, Just to name a few.

It f*ckin' sucked that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Blurr was "killed" by Shockawave, wtf was that? He was a cool character, and it also looks like Shockwave might've killed Ultra Magnus as well.

Good stuff.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 10:27 PM