KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Mythbuster

Comic Book Mythbuster
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

bats did kick the shit outta darksied tho.....when he was re-omega powered...even made him say unnghhh

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 21st, 2008 06:21 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Like Master P?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2008 06:25 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

na na na naaaaaaa!!!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2008 06:26 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Naaaa I just corrected people who were under the assumption Batman actually ko'ed him erm

Its kinda silly though saying " I thought it would make you feel better".
I can never imagine captain america punching the living tribunal in the face and him saying, "Feel better now captain".

Batman did not KO spectre but he did connect with a batkick...
snapping his head back like a rag doll shifty

Last edited by Inhuman on Jan 21st, 2008 at 06:53 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2008 06:48 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

- This is Apocalypse only possible feat of offensive telepathy and the first thing to note is this isn't conclusively telepathy. I can't recall ever seeing telepathy accompanied by a sound effect such as the "Zrak." in this scan. The energy of the attack surrounds Xavier's upper body not just his head and it could simply be an energy blast.
- Secondly this is not Apocalypse under normal conditions, this is Apocalypse amplified by a Celestial device drawing upon the power of the Twelve and Nate Grey.
- Thirdly, Xavier was not as far as depicted rendered unconscious - as he was active when next seen on panel.
- Fourthly, if indeed this is telepathy it doesn't give any gauge as to telepathic ability - telepaths are not passively any more resistant to telepathy than anyone else. Telepaths do not constantly defend either.

How did this celestial device power Apocalypse? He was transferring his own conciousness to X-man's body (Which is a telepathical feat itself, right?)

And like I said before, if Apocalypse can give Wolverine TP though technology, how come he doesn't have it himself? (Yes, Wolverine was able to sever the link between Jean and Cyke, talk telepathically etc)

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 10:59 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

? Logan was given tp blockers and tech he was not given tp.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 11:49 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy Buggs

Originally posted by Battlehammer
? Logan was given tp blockers and tech he was not given tp.

He was given tp , tp for his bunghole by the great cornholieooo

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 12:00 AM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

that doubt strips away gladiator's powers....all it does is cuase him to lower his whatchamahoosit field. Being strong,invulnerable and flight are attributes he has inherently. self doubt cuases him to lower his gaurd thats all. if the person doesnt have the requisite amount of brute force or energy powers that can harm all that is meaningless. in other other words a chance meeting with some Randy Randomski wouldnt play out like

RR: Hey glads,

G: hey wassup?

RR: ur daddy really isnt your daddy

G: Whu....Wha?

RR: *whips out a piece of 2-by-4* Whammm!!!!

G: oooo pretty stars

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 12:11 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Rhinoceros
How did this celestial device power Apocalypse? He was transferring his own conciousness to X-man's body (Which is a telepathical feat itself, right?)
The device was drawing and channeling the power of the Twelve and Nate Grey into Apocalypse at the beginning of X-Men #97, iirc. And using a machine to transfer consciousness isn't a telepathic feat at all.
And like I said before, if Apocalypse can give Wolverine TP though technology,
What?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 12:38 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

The device was drawing and channeling the power of the Twelve and Nate Grey into Apocalypse at the beginning of X-Men #97, iirc. And using a machine to transfer consciousness isn't a telepathic feat at all. What?

How do we know he was using a machine to transfer his conciousness into X-man? Was this stated or shown, I'll apology my ignorance in advance, but the Finnish book has quite bit cut from it. Besides, isn't Apocalypse a technopath, why couldn't he integrate this power into himself?

When Wolverine was Death, he attacked Cable, Nate, Cyke, Angel, Jean and Skrullverine. And while he was fighting with Cyclops and CO Cyke tried to reach Jean by the telepathiclink they share with Jean Death was able to know where Jean and the Manites were.

And later on he was able to sever this bond between the two.

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 01:51 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

How do we know he was using a machine to transfer his conciousness into X-man? Was this stated or shown, I'll apology my ignorance in advance, but the Finnish book has quite bit cut from it. Besides, isn't Apocalypse a technopath, why couldn't he integrate this power into himself?
He needed Nate Grey's body to contain his essence and power after drawing from the Twelve, as his body couldn't contain it. Apocalypse can't just body-hop, he isn't Proteus, he needed the Celestial device.
When Wolverine was Death, he attacked Cable, Nate, Cyke, Angel, Jean and Skrullverine. And while he was fighting with Cyclops and CO Cyke tried to reach Jean by the telepathiclink they share with Jean Death was able to know where Jean and the Manites were.

I'll have to look into it; but if even Battlehammer doesn't recall Wolverine ever having telepathy, then I'm understandably somewhat doubtful.

Regardless two or three singular instances of telepathy, does not a first order telepath make.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 05:12 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I finally found out what you're referring to, the Astonishing X-Men miniseries. Cable says he thinks Deathverine is trying to trace the telepathic signal, but in the end Deathverine just hitches a ride on the Blackbird; trickery rather than telepathy.

Then later Deathverine somehow blocks telepathic communication, so projected psiblock technology. His sword can also somehow block projected telepathy/telekinesis for some reason.

Magneto created Alpha the Ultimate Mutant.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 06:34 AM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

I finally found out what you're referring to, the Astonishing X-Men miniseries. Cable says he thinks Deathverine is trying to trace the telepathic signal, but in the end Deathverine just hitches a ride on the Blackbird; trickery rather than telepathy.

Then later Deathverine somehow blocks telepathic communication, so projected psiblock technology. His sword can also somehow block projected telepathy/telekinesis for some reason.

Magneto created Alpha the Ultimate Mutant.

Ah sorry, should have been clearer, but really. Do they explain all this in the original book? If so, damn the Finnish one has been cut into pieces sick

There's no explanation for why Deathverine is hitching a ride on top of Blackbird, and if he did indeed read Cyke's mind or not, in the Finnish book. Do you happen to have scans of the original book?

Btw, didn't Deathverine's sword take out all of the Telepaths with telepathic attack or something?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 11:06 AM
ExodusCloak

Regarding Emma Frost's Age

Now people unfortunately believe that Emma Frost is around the same age as Sebastian Shaw, Professor Charles Francis Xavier and Magneto due to her being portrayed as one of their peers in terms of power and role during her early appearances. eg She was called an Xavier level telepath in New Mutants, She was White Queen of the Hellfire Club, She ran her own School, she had her own ethos to the Mutant/Human dream and she was/is a multi-billionaire all of this was then reiterated during her years in Generation X etc.. So obviously she had to be there age by default
Even when UXM #151 indirectly stated that she was much younger then Sebastian Shaw people still seem to believe this.

Now recently we have been given an idea of where Emma stands age wise in terms of the other X-Men. Here's some of the recent evidence.

Emma Frost #6
(February 2004)
(Writer): Karl Bollers Artist: Randy Green)

This is High School Emma Frost before she left home. According to the scan near the end of this post from Generation X -1. Emma Frost was 15 when she left home. Emma would be 15 or less in this scan. She see's Xavier's mutants on T.V for the first time. This would actually make her Younger then the Original 4 (Beast, Jean, Cyclops and Angel) and much closer to Iceman's age.

(please log in to view the image)

New X-Men #138
(July 2003)
(Writer): Grant Morrison Artist: Frank Quitely with Avalon Studios )

Here's Emma Frost stating that she's 27...she has no reason to lie...

A.) There's no one around.
B.) She's in Diamond Form so the Cuckoo's wouldn't be able to hear that telepathically anyway.
C.) There's more proof that supports this.

Deadly Genesis #5
(May 2006)
(Writer): Ed BrubakerArtist: Pete Woods )

Here again, Emma is being recruited to join the X-Men 1.5. All the recruits were alluded to be around the same age which is:

Around Havok's age.

Again more proof that she's definitely not Xavier's age:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes 2005
(September 2005)
(Writer): eff Christiansen, Mark O'English, Sean McQuaid, Eric J. Moreels, Stuart Vandal, Michael Hoskin, Bill Lentz, Anthony Flamini, and Chris Biggs Artist: Tom Grummett and Morry Hollowell)

Firstly we have to establish that Marvel has a sliding timescale Time slides forward by 10-15 years whereby 15 years ago was the FF4's space flight. The X-Men would be a fairly new team in comparison to the FF4 so at worst lets say the X-Men started 14 years ago but it doesn't make a difference here. To understand more of Marvels sliding timescale read this:

Anyway now that that's been established is this a retcon...in short no:

Here are extracts from Generation X #31(October 1997) and Generation X #34(January 1998). (Credit goes to Aimee from the emmafrostfiles.com for scanning and finding these)

Generation X #31
(October 1997)
(Writer): James Robinson Artist: Chris Bachalo )

The writer is actually mistaken with a small bit in the Gen X #31 scan. Emma is actually stated to be 16 in Gen X -1. That would make her 26 at the moment with Marvel's sliding timescale.
Morrison's run made her 27...so nope it wasn't a retcon. And yes Emma achieved a lot when she was younger.

Generation X #34
(January 1998)
(Writer): Larry Hama Artist: Steve Harris and Scott Hanna )

Emma Frost is stated to be between 25-30 here.

Generation X #-1
(July 1997)
(Writer): Scott Lobdell Artist: Chris Bachalo)

Emma's stated to be 16 here when she first encounters the Inner Circle. This isn't her first encounter with the Hellfire Club as the issue alludes that she's been to 2 other parties before. Only this time she doesn't need to use her telepathy to get in. It also states that she left home at the age of 15.(A year ago.)

In short Emma is younger then the Original 4 and this isn't a retcon so Grant Morrison was right. At the moment she'd be around 27 and this will most probably remain stagnant due to Marvels sliding timescale.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 07:04 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Regarding Emma Frost's Age

Now people unfortunately believe that Emma Frost is around the same age as Sebastian Shaw, Professor Charles Francis Xavier and Magneto due to her being portrayed as one of their peers in terms of power and role during her early appearances. eg She was called an Xavier level telepath in New Mutants, She was White Queen of the Hellfire Club, She ran her own School, she had her own ethos to the Mutant/Human dream and she was/is a multi-billionaire all of this was then reiterated during her years in Generation X etc.. So obviously she had to be there age by default
Even when UXM #151 indirectly stated that she was much younger then Sebastian Shaw people still seem to believe this.

Now recently we have been given an idea of where Emma stands age wise in terms of the other X-Men. Here's some of the recent evidence.

Emma Frost #6
(February 2004)
(Writer): Karl Bollers Artist: Randy Green)

This is High School Emma Frost before she left home. According to the scan near the end of this post from Generation X -1. Emma Frost was 15 when she left home. Emma would be 15 or less in this scan. She see's Xavier's mutants on T.V for the first time. This would actually make her Younger then the Original 4 (Beast, Jean, Cyclops and Angel) and much closer to Iceman's age.

New X-Men #138
(July 2003)
(Writer): Grant Morrison Artist: Frank Quitely with Avalon Studios )

Here's Emma Frost stating that she's 27...she has no reason to lie...

A.) There's no one around.
B.) She's in Diamond Form so the Cuckoo's wouldn't be able to hear that telepathically anyway.
C.) There's more proof that supports this.

Deadly Genesis #5
(May 2006)
(Writer): Ed BrubakerArtist: Pete Woods )

Here again, Emma is being recruited to join the X-Men 1.5. All the recruits were alluded to be around the same age which is:

Around Havok's age.

Again more proof that she's definitely not Xavier's age:

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes 2005
(September 2005)
(Writer): eff Christiansen, Mark O'English, Sean McQuaid, Eric J. Moreels, Stuart Vandal, Michael Hoskin, Bill Lentz, Anthony Flamini, and Chris Biggs Artist: Tom Grummett and Morry Hollowell)

Firstly we have to establish that Marvel has a sliding timescale Time slides forward by 10-15 years whereby 15 years ago was the FF4's space flight. The X-Men would be a fairly new team in comparison to the FF4 so at worst lets say the X-Men started 14 years ago but it doesn't make a difference here. To understand more of Marvels sliding timescale read this:

Anyway now that that's been established is this a retcon...in short no:

Here are extracts from Generation X #31(October 1997) and Generation X #34(January 1998). (Credit goes to Aimee from the emmafrostfiles.com for scanning and finding these)

Generation X #31
(October 1997)
(Writer): James Robinson Artist: Chris Bachalo )

The writer is actually mistaken with a small bit in the Gen X #31 scan. Emma is actually stated to be 16 in Gen X -1. That would make her 26 at the moment with Marvel's sliding timescale.
Morrison's run made her 27...so nope it wasn't a retcon. And yes Emma achieved a lot when she was younger.

Generation X #34
(January 1998)
(Writer): Larry Hama Artist: Steve Harris and Scott Hanna )

Emma Frost is stated to be between 25-30 here.

Generation X #-1
(July 1997)
(Writer): Scott Lobdell Artist: Chris Bachalo)

Emma's stated to be 16 here when she first encounters the Inner Circle. This isn't her first encounter with the Hellfire Club as the issue alludes that she's been to 2 other parties before. Only this time she doesn't need to use her telepathy to get in. It also states that she left home at the age of 15.(A year ago.)

In short Emma is younger then the Original 4 and this isn't a retcon so Grant Morrison was right. At the moment she'd be around 27 and this will most probably remain stagnant due to Marvels sliding timescale.

nice, but who in their right mind thought she was xavier's age?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 07:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by Raoul
nice, but who in their right mind thought she was xavier's age?

Not on this board...well someone actually did on this board but they don't use KMC anymore. Their evidence being that she made an off hand comment calling Storm, Wolverine no expression and Colossus "Young People" in her first appearance when conversing with that fossil Leland. Then later on Claremont refers to her as "still youthful" after she was upset that she was stuck in Storms body...clearly that comment was down to either Claremonts inconsistency or Emma's arrogant attitude.

BTW Cyclops has seen a Celestial before right? In X-Factor?

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Mar 6th, 2008 at 07:53 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 07:38 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Yup...this means he s a SKRULL!!!!!!shifty

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 08:06 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not on this board...well someone actually did on this board but they don't use KMC anymore. Their evidence being that she made an off hand comment calling Storm, Wolverine no expression and Colossus "Young People" in her first appearance when conversing with that fossil Leland. Then later on Claremont refers to her as "still youthful" after she was upset that she was stuck in Storms body...clearly that comment was down to either Claremonts inconsistency or Emma's arrogant attitude.

ah... yeah, scott loves to chase those grannies... no expression

he's had his mind messed with by pretty much every telepath he's ever trusted, he's bound to have a few gaps in his memory... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 08:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Soljer
Where is that explanation provided in-canon?

Apparently DOTNG 7, judging by the source and infinity man. shifty

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:13 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Apparently DOTNG 7, judging by the source and infinity man. shifty

False.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:21 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote