KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Heath Ledger Passed Away

Heath Ledger Passed Away
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hey everyone. I don't think I've ever posted in the "Batman" forum before (though I am a huge fan), but felt compelled to do so after hearing this very sad news about Heath Ledger. Whilst I can't confess to being hugely familiar with his career as a whole, after watching the new trailer for "The Dark Knight" when it was released last month, it really seemed - even from that brief glimpse - that Ledger had nailed the part, disproving a lot of people's doubts about his casting (including my own). It honestly seemed to me as if Heath really *might* be able to fill the very big shoes left by Jack nicholson, and with each passing glimpse (and glowing comment by one of his co-stars) my excitement for "The Dark Knight" began to soar.

To die so young (especially when you have kids) really is a tragedy - the guy was only 28. I can only hope that, as his final film, "The Dark Knight" will serve as his legacy, and cement his status as one of Hollywood's young greats. At least it's a hell of a role to go out on ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:55 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Like I say, that's your opinion, but your opinion does not control the content of this thread and he is entitled to make comment. It so happens quite a few people feel that way, in any case, so you'll just have to live with it. And if the assessment was hasty he can always recant later; it's still no grounds for flaming.

And even when you disagree, you can do it without that blatant flaming which you very possibly should be banned for seeing as you continued after being asked to stop.

Just take some good advice and make that the last time you do it. Regardless of what you think, that's the way it is.

Thanks, Ush. I didnt mean to insult or aggravate anybody with my honest opinions, but they still stand. Some people just need to calm down and not set themselves up for trouble.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:55 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Bloody bastard, dying so young. He hadn't even reached thirty....

That being said, you all realize that his untimely death will likely ultimately affect people's reaction to his portrayal of "The Joker," jah? I'll reserve judgment for my viewing of the film, of course....can't wait to see it, glad he (supposedly) finished his involvement with it - yet still upset for obvious reasons.

REQVIESCAT IN PACE

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 01:21 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

i can see him as river pheonix legendary. or more. this kid had potential.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 01:24 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

RIP Heath Ledger

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 01:24 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraXtaRCR3

Miffed Damn!

I think that this is a real downer!.. this is going to kill the Bat Flicks in a way, because as we all know the Joker never dies ! he is Batmans immortal enemy that never goes away!
For starters, i hope that they didnt do some foolish shit like kill off the Joker in this one like the killed off Venom in Spidey 3!!!! U JUST DONT DO THAT! these are the badguys that keep coming back, & we love them for it.

If anything i would have hoped that the Joker survives the end, and then in a small hint u see him all clean, sharp and devious like in the comics!...making way for him to come back like a true killer pimp in future installments, & not some smelly dirt bum who stumbles out of a trash can in this one! (The Dark Knight). yea i know he just got out of Arkham and hasnt showered or w/e...wich in either case makes what i said earlier a nice touch to an ending!
I am sorry to see him go, especially like that. He was a truly gifted actor and he will be missed!

.:CR:::.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 01:25 AM
TraXtaRCR3 is currently offline Click here to Send TraXtaRCR3 a Private Message Find more posts by TraXtaRCR3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Still really upset about this. I don't know why it shook me so hard. I was not really a fan in the sense that I am say a Johnny Depp or a Will Smith fan but it just seems so sad and tragic.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 01:33 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

As I said before....I'm simply lost for words.

We'll leave this thread open for people to express their feelings.

This will remain open. sad

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 01:40 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

I honestly feel like I've lost a close friend or something. I know thats crazy, and I never met the man, but I've sepnd the last two odd years reading about him in this forum. We all have. We seen the doubters, we questioned his ability, we seen him rise, we waited for the first joker pick, we finally heard the laugh and last of all we got to see his peformance on the trailer. In a way, he has been a part of our lives for a while now. Hence his loss just feels really personal.. I wish I would have shook his hand or something...

R.I.P Heathy. I'll crack open a VB for ya mate

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:13 AM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I was just thinking about a month ago that after seeing Batman he will probably be one of my favorite actors. I was excited thinking about his future work buuuuuuuuuuut I guess I'll just look forward to Batman now. sad

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:13 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
A stunt man died on the set doing a stunt this past summer

I thought that happened on Doug Liman's new film 'Jumper.'

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:14 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Originally posted by sindahouse
I honestly feel like I've lost a close friend or something. I know thats crazy, and I never met the man, but I've sepnd the last two odd years reading about him in this forum. We all have. We seen the doubters, we questioned his ability, we seen him rise, we waited for the first joker pick, we finally heard the laugh and last of all we got to see his peformance on the trailer. In a way, he has been a part of our lives for a while now. Hence his loss just feels really personal.. I wish I would have shook his hand or something...

R.I.P Heathy. I'll crack open a VB for ya mate

Great post, im sure there are many people who feel that way, anyone whos been keeping tabs on TDK. Yeah man you summed it up pretty good there.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:24 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

wow so depressing

this sucks on the highest level imaginable

R.I.P. Heath

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:29 AM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by roughrider
I thought that happened on Doug Liman's new film 'Jumper.'
Happened during The Dark Knight too.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:50 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

RIP.

Everyone will appreciate him now that he's gone.
I'm very positive he's going to steal all the scenes he's in.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:51 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Have you gone funny or something, exanda? Impediment's a mod, you know you can get banned for that kind of talk. What's all this about?

If he's a Mod, shouldn't it say so in his profile & avatar?

Second, because he's a Mod, that gives him the right to come in and dump all over everyone who feels shocked & saddened by the news?

I thought his comments were very ugly and mean-spirited off the top. We have only bare details about what happened thus far.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:57 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
he wasn't done filming guys, this is going to greatly affect the release of the film.

No, he was done. He was filming on Terry Gilliam's new movie when it happened.
Interesting to hear how the role was affecting him in the head, his sleeping etc. He modeled his Joker after Alex The Droog from A Clockwork Orange - that was a role that put Malcolm McDowell in therapy afterwards.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 03:02 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Damn!

Originally posted by TraXtaRCR3
I think that this is a real downer!.. this is going to kill the Bat Flicks in a way, because as we all know the Joker never dies ! he is Batmans immortal enemy that never goes away!
For starters, i hope that they didnt do some foolish shit like kill off the Joker in this one like the killed off Venom in Spidey 3!!!! U JUST DONT DO THAT! these are the badguys that keep coming back, & we love them for it.

.:CR:::.

They killed off Jack Nicholson's Joker in the first Batman movie, if you recall.

I don't know about the plot, but Batman has so many villains the series can still go on. When another reboot of some kind happens, we'll see another new actor as Joker. The character will go on.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 03:06 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Mišt..I mean Outbound...if you don't mind I'll rename the thread. This is really sad.

R.I.P. Heath.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 03:12 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atharpina

this is so sad...

i understand that people are entitled to opinion and that some opinions will be that a person doesnt care that another person died(!?) but no persons death does not matter. those that care will offend no one by sharing how much they care. the people that shared how little they cared obviously offended several people though.

so please....let mourners mourn. dont try and tell us he didnt matter

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 03:19 AM
atharpina is currently offline Click here to Send atharpina a Private Message Find more posts by atharpina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote