KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » "Depp to finish ledgers new movie"

"Depp to finish ledgers new movie"
Started by: T.Maria

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

Question "Depp to finish ledgers new movie"

"Johnny Depp could be due to stand in for Heath Ledger, to complete what was meant to be his latest movie.

The Brokeback Mountain star had been in Britain just days before he was found dead in his New York apartment, working on Terry Gilliam's fantasy adventure The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus.

A source told The Sun: "There is a point in the movie when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in."

The insider added: "It's a weird fantasy, time-travel movie, so Heath's character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment. Johnny's not working at the moment so everyone is praying he will do it."

Meanwhile, Heath's ex-girlfriend Michelle Williams arrived in New York on Thursday night with their daughter Matilda."

What do you all think????

Do you think he should step in and do it??????
i was going to watch this film anyways (because its about bob dylan) because of the amazing cast that will be in it smile

If its true, it would an amazing testiment to heath for johnny to step into his shoes ...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 02:24 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

o..m...g lmao. i wrote the exact thing just earlier on movie discussion...lmao

but i read that what'll happen is that they shot the first part of the movie. and heaths character falls into something, and time travels or something, and then johnny becomes him:P

read it on movie discussion, the article i read is there:P

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Last edited by Tramps Lady on Jan 25th, 2008 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 02:27 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

okiem dokie smile

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 02:28 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

But I'm Not There is about Bob Dylan. This one is too?

When I saw a picture of heath in one costume for this movie I thought he looked like Johnny. A little.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 04:40 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I saw this...interesting..and by the way, before Johnny I was a obsessed with Heath just a little...I loved him in the Patriot and A Knight's Tale....and thought he was real cute in 10 Things I Hate About You! I loved his accent and thought he was sexy in a rugged/bad boy sort of way....with a good quality...just like our Jack.

So very sad about Heath...and I'll miss that we don't get to see him in new movies......

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:34 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I was about to be obsessed with Heath. hehe! I could see it coming. It was gonna start with batman. I was excited to see what he was gonna do next!!!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:48 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

A Knight's Tale...such a comfort movie to me. I love it. I even liked him in Brothers Grimm and that's one of the worst movies ever. He was good in everything I saw him in.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:42 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

I'm so sorry he died.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 08:42 AM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AudioHeart
Wherever Jack Is

Yeah me too, it was so sudden sad I feel sorry for Matilda!

[Reading off map]"'Up Is Down?'Well That's Just Madeningly Unhelpful, why are these things never clear?"

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 08:25 AM
AudioHeart is currently offline Click here to Send AudioHeart a Private Message Find more posts by AudioHeart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

According to my awesome Entertainment Weekly magazine, Johnny Depp hasn't had any official talks of the movie and is busy prepping Public Enemies. It says they are just rumors.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 07:27 PM
Tramps Lady
Blaine

either way....we can talk johnnybig grin

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 10:24 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

It may involve a series of people who have worked with Heath, not just Johnny, but Christian Bale, Jake Gyllenhaal and...

(Hotness meter explodes)

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 06:14 AM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

lol seriously i dont know if a movie could handle that much hotness..

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 05:24 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

*Fans self* That would be too good to be true

Freedom...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 09:26 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

well, i just looks at ninemsn, and there was article on this:

Hollywood's version of the three musketeers is riding to the rescue of fallen pal Heath Ledger's final film.

Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Judge Law are literally embracing the all-for-one ethos, tag-teaming as Heath Ledger's character in unfinished The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

The BBC quoted a spokesperson for Law confirming the actors' participation, "subject to negotiations."

No further details were immediately available. There was no further comment Monday from the actors or filmmakers.

The fate of the Terry Gilliam-helmed fantasy film had been in peril since Ledger's shocking death Jan. 22 due to an accidental drug overdose.

Because the film focuses on a magical acting troupe and alternate dimensions, it is believed Depp, Farrell and Law will each play a different incarnation of Ledger's character, known only as "Tony."

According to Variety, Ledger's name helped the independent production secure its $30 million budget. Without its biggest star, the movie has three options, the paper said: recast, shoot around Ledger's absence or call "cut."

Filming on Doctor Parnassus began in December. The 28-year-old Ledger, who died in New York, had been shooting in London the week before his death.

Following Ledger's demise, Gilliam and the producers said they "will be assessing how best to proceed."

Heath was a great actor, a great friend and a great spirit," the statement said. "We are still in a state of deep shock, saddened and numb with grief."

Depp, for one, probably felt an obligation to help out Gilliam.

The actor had been one of the stars of the director's ambitious The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, which was scrapped midway through production in 2000 after the elderly actor playing the title role suffered a back injury and was unable to continue.

Ledger did complete work on The Dark Knight before he died. The Batman Begins sequel, featuring Ledger as the Joker, is due out July 18.

soo.......

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 03:12 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

that's.. well, sad for Ledger.

and, johnny's so... so... helpful.... as always.

can't wait for this movie now... sorry for sounding so... indifferent... >.<

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 03:16 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

lmao...i bawled my eyes out when i found at he died, and its soo much harder in history, seeing as hes on the front page.
and my mum yelled at me coz i hardly new him, then i screamed saying "if this is how im reacting to heath, wat about if johnny or rob lowe died!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!" messed

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 03:24 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I cried when Steve Irwin died. sad

Heath... well... I don't exactly know him, not before I knew he was going to be the joker... erm

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 03:27 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

lol..well he was australian, like steve irwin..so thats why it hit me hard

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 03:28 AM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I found out he died on AOL News the seconds after I decided to major in Pre-Med Chem as opposed to Biology. I had just e-mailed it to someone. That was my last major before I left the private college for my health for good. I'm still out. And I'd been changing my major a lot after I changed it once. It made me depressed @ Biology, basically.

I went to Discovery Cove @ Sea World with some ppl, where you swim with animals, and I wanted a stuffed stingray, bc I was planning on making it my favorite animal, but then it killed him. But I got it, and when I left there were a bunch of dudes that looked exactly like him looking at me funny.

Also, before maybe he died I had some other illusion. I did like a best thing of my college dorm times by walking 9 miles to the aquarium and back, in downtown New Orleans. I wanted to get a stuffed shark before I went home, if I knew I was going, but I forgot. Not a big deal. But I remembered to get lots of other stuff, some of which I got rid of, many were just regular crafts, since moving, bc it was getting in the way of my life, when we moved.

If you think I'm perverted, don't say anything! I didn't think it was funny as a coincidence, but it still is something that blocks my mind on those topics completely. Smart (maybe old) ppl would understand.

All I think @ is that people can die, anymore, in fact. Life is hard enough as it is. I mean, really..

At our old apt. there were crocodillians in the water. The babies used to swim to me. I saw the big one. We were gonna take a pic, but I got nervous and it jumped up and forward and was hard to see and gone.

Last edited by VioletEyesPop08 on Feb 19th, 2008 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 03:45 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote