KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I agree with Blax. It does look generic. It reminds me of Homefront with Aliens. A knock off CoD game.

And in reality, I'm a huge fan of the Alien series (even read some of the novels) but there has been a few Alien games and one recently and the Alien series is not enough to make it any good.

I still believe AVP2 was the best Alien game ever. I feel like playing it again. It was awesome.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 03:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Not sure if this has been posted.

looks like a lot of fun. I cant wait

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 05:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah it looks like Call of duty using the Aliens universe at the moment.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 06:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still dont get the fact that after Aliens, LV426 was nuked but how can everything still be intact in this game?

Never mind im still getting this game.

Rumor is Hudson probally survived and will make a cameo in this game.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2011 07:33 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It looks ok, but from what I've seen, the aliens movement and the pulse rifle firing was better in the recent AVP. I do like the squad aspect of it though; I just wish that they'd allow it through the whole game. Anyone going alone in to alien infested territory is dead, period.

Bar Ripley, obviously.

Originally posted by majid86
I still dont get the fact that after Aliens, LV426 was nuked but how can everything still be intact in this game?

Never mind im still getting this game.

Rumor is Hudson probally survived and will make a cameo in this game.

It isn't intact; though I'm sure they'll be clearer about what went on in the actual game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2011 02:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Leaked photo of Aliens Colonial Marines collectors edition

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 10:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

should have come with a pulse rifle

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 10:51 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 01:26 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Awesome trailer.

Too bad the game looks sub-par. sad

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 03:23 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Do I call a Steam 50% sale on this game in about 6 months after it's released.

How about a 75% sale on the game during the Christmas holiday sale.

I say, roughly 85% chance of happening. (if it's getting a Steam release)

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 03:36 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Cover art

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/2253

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 01:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It better be good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 01:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 05:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Actually looks decent, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Aliens so readily going from four to two-legged to attack. I know they did it in the movies, but in this... I dunno.

I'll play the game either way, but I'm cautious atm.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 04:57 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah, looks a lot better than before. I like the cinematic gameplay, and I think that forcing you to choose between holding the motion sensor or the gun is a nice touch ,even if it's unrealistic (as some random meme says, "this is the future. where the ****s the night vision!?"). Aliens should be scary, damn it! And making you feel helpless is a good way to get that atmosphere.

So yeah, looking forward to the game. But I swear to god, I'm not getting it if the game is only like 6-7 hours long. I refuse. I ****ing refuse.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 05:54 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The game looks linear. Without real choice and just a random shoot and grab fest.

1. How do the Alien evolve to such different species?
2. Why can't you choose different paths in such ordeals?
3. Why aren't you armed with an Pulse Rifle on the get go?

How did the Alien create such creatures after the destruction of the second film? the planet was barren.

Last edited by the ninjak on Apr 7th, 2012 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 08:02 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by the ninjak
The game looks linear. Without real choice and just a random shoot and grab fest.

I'm getting bored of these linear FPS these days just because CoD does it doesn't mean every other game has to copy it

Originally posted by the ninjak

How did the Alien create such creatures after the destruction of the second film? the planet was barren.

This is Gearbox's explanation from page 3 which Nemesis found

quote:
The hands-off demo we saw started with our squad back on the planet and in the Hadley's Hope facility. "But wait, wasn't the complex destroyed in a nuclear blast at the end of Aliens?" you ask, quite astutely. Gearbox explained that a ground-based nuclear blast would leave a cone-shaped crater (that's why nuclear bombs are supposed to be detonated in mid-air), so it could have been possible for the sturdy complex and xenomorph hive to survive. Happy? No? Well, that's the premise, so get used to it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 03:33 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

So... what exactly do you guys want?

I can't think of a single way to make an Aliens game "non-linear" without making it retarded. Like, do you want it to be like Bioshock or something? Have puzzles? Level ups? ...moral choices?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 07:01 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Aliens, even the movies, were linear. That's the entire basis of the franchise, so I don't get why you guys are complaining.

It's not a platformer. Or an adventure game. It's a "try to get through this without becoming a facehugger's *****" game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 07:06 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
So... what exactly do you guys want?

I can't think of a single way to make an Aliens game "non-linear" without making it retarded. Like, do you want it to be like Bioshock or something? Have puzzles? Level ups? ...moral choices?

There have been other "non-Linear" games besides the Bioshock games.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 07:20 AM