KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » What character is do you want inlcuded the most?

What character is do you want inlcuded the most?
Started by: Elite Hunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

You mean you just saw The Outrider? I mean really, considering this whole canon shaddazz, that could really just be another Corellian freighter and nothing to do with Dash Rendar. It's the deniability.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 08:36 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

...your point has been marked.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Apparantly it IS supposed to be Rendar's ship.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 09:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yes, I know it's supposed to be Rendar's ship, but really, considering the way LucasArts categorise film canon and EU, they have constructed it so they can always deny any problematic issues that arise. I thought that wouldabeen simple.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 09:59 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Either way, it still makes mention of EU names and locations in the prequils, and even alittle in the OT Special Editions.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

But it still allows for movie canon to override EU.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 11:33 AM
queeq
Chaos

Always.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 06:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Of course, that is just to be expected, but now that the movies are over and done with all we have is EU. Therefore the movies can nolonger over-ride that which has not been over-ridden. smile

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 01:20 AM
queeq
Chaos

Some saying, made it up yourself?

But then, if GL says the tv-series are canon... we have a lot of nitpicking to do. Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 06:48 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Sounds like fun.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 05:27 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ya bet!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 08:13 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

The main characters should be Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, given the time frame.

And there would be a freakout, if a teenaged Hal Solo cameo'd late in the series. eek!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 03:19 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chik4lit

I don't know if there is really a reason to include Han.

Although I'm sure one can be invented. They included Chewie in Ep. III, didn't they?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:08 PM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Han Solo wouldn't work without Harrison Ford, but it would be a nice tip of the hat if it could be done with a) taste b) modesty c) Harrison Ford.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:34 PM
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chik4lit
They included Chewie in Ep. III, didn't they?

Unfortunately.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:43 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by exanda kane
Han Solo wouldn't work without Harrison Ford, but it would be a nice tip of the hat if it could be done with a) taste b) modesty c) Harrison Ford.

It won't be Harrison Ford. Han Solo is roughly ten years older than Luke & Leia, so it would be someone in their mid-teens to early 20's.
And Young Indiana Jones was potrayed by two different actors on TV - Corey Carrier & Sean Patrick Flannery. There's precident.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 08:57 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

That was worth writing, really? Who are you? Noel Gallagher?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 12:14 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by exanda kane
That was worth writing, really? Who are you? Noel Gallagher?

If I'm Noel, you must be Liam. That's why we're fighting.

I was pointing out the obvious - Young Indiana Jones was potrayed on TV by different actors. A young Han Solo can be as well - the character is no more a sacred cow than Indy.
Or were you actually serious when you said Harrison Ford should play him again on TV - though the character would be anywhere from 10-25 years old for the timeline - at the age of 65?
That boggles the mind. wacko

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 12:37 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by chik4lit
I don't know if there is really a reason to include Han.

Although I'm sure one can be invented. They included Chewie in Ep. III, didn't they?

For like 2 seconds. Enough time for Yoda to say "Goodbye Chewbacca."

Originally posted by roughrider

I was pointing out the obvious - Young Indiana Jones was potrayed on TV by different actors. A young Han Solo can be as well - the character is no more a sacred cow than Indy.
Or were you actually serious when you said Harrison Ford should play him again on TV - though the character would be anywhere from 10-25 years old for the timeline - at the age of 65?

Ssh, just ignore him, he likes to make conflict where there is none.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 12:59 AM
exanda kane

Originally posted by roughrider

No, I'm Damon and really, it was just obvious to the extreme of not even being worth mentioning; to come out with a comment so bereft of humour, tenacity or point, I have to just wonder. While I'm blatantly biased to the point of talking common sense, I was under the impression that the lack of Harrison Ford or failing that, a solid cast choice for a young Indy, was one of the reasons why the serial had pretty much been confined to the closet, only rearing its contrived head for DVD purposes.

Indiana Jones is a different character to Han Solo, an 'everyman' in Ford's own words, and the character would lose something if he was portrayed by a younger actor and the entire laconic, cocksure attitude would be moot. Or maybe the annoying, whiny American accent of a younger actor would ruin the character; im for both. It's not the fact that both characters are a sacred cow and I am somehow being quarrelsome and unreasonable but rather that the Han Solo character walks a thin line between being a charming bloke and a complete git, and something would be lost in the translation a la Hayden Christiensen as Anakin Skywalker.

Kapton Jac: Shut yer holer schoolboy, or at least make something for yourself to say. You're just Chris Moyles.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 10:09 AM