KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT

Who's the best?
This poll is closed.
Lebron is better 3 27.27%
Kobe is better 8 72.73%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT
Started by: TheGame17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Look man.

Kobe has Artest and Gasol, both who were franchise players for their previous teams.

Add to that Odom, Bynum, and the ever-reliable D. Fisher,

Not to mention Lakers has a pretty solid bench, like Farmar, Walton and company.

Plus, Phil Jackson.

With a team like that, any player of Kobe's caliber can win a championship.
I mean, swap him with Wade and Lakers would still win the championship.
Uncertainty only lies in matches against Boston.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 05:15 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Artest and Gasol weren't franchise players, are you serious? Although, Gasol was the best player on a shitty Grizzlies team.

Fisher wasn't reliable, neither are Odom and Bynum.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Last edited by Mindset on Jul 12th, 2010 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 05:24 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Sorry bout that. Yeah, they weren't franchise players.
But both were the best players at one time in their careers in one of their previous teams.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 05:38 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Still liking Kobe here

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 07:12 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
You act as if the last two teams LeBron has been on were bad.
Kobe is the better individual player as he scores the most in isolation plays. LeBron might beat Kobe in a game of one-on-one but that doesn't make him the better individual player. Did you see Game 5 of the Finals? If you are referring to a clutch situation then it's a shame LeBron doesn't always employ this tactic. Evidenced by his sucess(or lack thereof), he has been stopped. At the end of a game I want the ball in Kobe's hands, not LeBron's. It seems to me you just admitted that Kobe Bryant is the better basketball player. I do.
Basketball is a team sport. The Larry O'Brien championship trophy is the highest quality of sucess in the NBA. What's fact is Kobe has five of them in seven Finals appearances.

LeBron has 0 in one Finals appearance. LeBron has also lost as the number one seed overall for the past two seasons. Don't be ignorant. As of right now, no. Bosh is better than Garnett. I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand.
Correct. LeBron has had a pretty solid supporting cast himself the last two seasons. If he returned this year he would have had the same(if not better) supporting cast. It's really too bad he left isn't it? For the last two seasons LeBron's teams have had the best regular season record in the league. The Cleveland Cavaliers have posted a 2-0 record against the Los Angeles Lakers during the 09-10 season(the first game being an embarrassing Christmas Day 25 point blowout win over the Lakers). So, they were better from a certain standpoint. They collectively failed the last two seasons in the postseason. Much of this can be attributed to LeBron's leadership. Kobe's team seemed to peak during the playoffs. Think Kobe's championship experience may have had something to do with that?

thumb up

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 07:14 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

Originally posted by quanchi112
Lebron's more talented imo but Kobe is far better in the clutch. That's the most important thing.

Where do people get this from? Lebron is as clutch as Kobe and the stats reflect it.

82games.com has compiled the stats from every players clutch performances. By the clutch being 5 minutes or less in the 4th and overtime.

In the 2007-2008 season Lebron was first in clutch time performance at 56 point/game and shooting 48% averaged out over 48 minutes. Meaning if Lebron scored the way he did during clutch time but scored that way during the entire game he would average 56 points a game.

Kobe was second at 52 points/game shooting 45%

In the 2008-2009 season Kobe was first at 57 points/game shooting 46%

Lebron was second 56 points/game shooting 56%

Finally during the 2009-2010 season Lebron was first at 66 points/game shooting 49%
'
Kobe was second at 51 points/game shooting 44%

So the past three seasons Lebron and Kobe were one and two in the clutch factor with Lebron being first in two of those season while shooting a higher percentage in all three seasons.

So I'm not sure how you can claim the Kobe is much more clutch than Lebron when the stats say otherwise.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 10:04 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

LeBron can shoot 3's just as well as Kobe.

Kobe is overrated by the media and the critics.
There are players with skills on par with his, namely Wade and LeBron.

Give Wade and LeBron a team with a roster as good as Kobe's, and they will equal/eclipse Kobe's stats and achievements.

PS:

And to set the record straight, none of them will ever be as good as Jordan.

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Jul 12th, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 10:45 AM
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

Originally posted by Stall_19
Where do people get this from? Lebron is as clutch as Kobe and the stats reflect it.

82games.com has compiled the stats from every players clutch performances. By the clutch being 5 minutes or less in the 4th and overtime.

Quick correction It's 5 minute or less in the 4th and overtime with neither team being ahead by more than 5 points.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 11:11 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I mean, swap him with Wade and Lakers would still win the championship.
Possibly. But that wouldn't make Wade better, just comparable.
LeBron can shoot 3's just as well as Kobe.
Regularly, yes. But in a clutch situation, no.
Kobe is overrated by the media and the critics.
And LeBron isn't?
There are players with skills on par with his, namely Wade and LeBron.
No one currently comes close to having the skills Kobe possesses on both ends of the court. Carmelo comes close to matching Kobe's offense skills but Kobe is better defensively by a bit.
Give Wade and LeBron a team with a roster as good as Kobe's, and they will equal/eclipse Kobe's stats and achievements.
I guess we will see this year, right?
And to set the record straight, none of them will ever be as good as Jordan.
True. But Kobe can atleast be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. LeBron as of right now, can't.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 12th, 2010 at 02:12 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 02:10 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Yea, it's real easy to say that without having to actually show proof, because you can't.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 05:03 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Mindset
Yea, it's real easy to say that without having to actually show proof, because you can't.

Proof?
Look at the Lakers roster ffs!

True. But Kobe can atleast be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. LeBron as of right now, can't.

Right now, Wade is the closest we have seen to a Jordan.
Too bad his team used to be sucky, hence no championship rings.
But opinions are opinions. I respect yours smile

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Jul 13th, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 11:40 AM
Darth Martin

Wade closest to Jordan? Wade has nowhere near the offensive skills or specifically mid-range jumper that Kobe and Jordan possess. Kobe is better than Wade defensively too when he puts himself to it. Kobe is also a better scorer than Wade.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 04:59 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Proof?
Look at the Lakers roster ffs!

Right now, Wade is the closest we have seen to a Jordan.
Too bad his team used to be sucky, hence no championship rings.
But opinions are opinions. I respect yours smile
So...I guess you don't know what proof means.

Wade has a ring; Wade is not the closest we've seen to Jordan.

Jordan said Kobe was the best in the league, as did Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, add in that players who have gone against both gave Kobe the nod, I'd go with their opinion over yours.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 07:01 PM
guy222
With my gal

Kobe
Wade
Lebron

IMHO

All the talk Lakers have better talent. Well, Cleveland should've surrounded Lebron with talent. They had a broken down Shaq, Big Z and lil Antwan. Nobody talks about they had the best record for two years. Its simply, poor Lebron. He's better than Kobe because of lesser talent. laughing out loud

He has two stars now and a shooter

stick out tongue

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 07:41 PM
Darth Martin

Magic Johnson's opinion doesn't count. He's a bandwagon type guy, always changing his opinion and contradicting what he previously said.

Bird and Jordan are legit though and have consistantly gone with Kobe. I'm sure Olajuwon thinks the same. Wonder what Russell would have to say on the matter.

Wade isn't better than LeBron.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 13th, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:01 PM
guy222
With my gal

Magic tends to waver alot

He gave ways for Boston to defeat the Lakers, then he mugs for the camera when the Lakers won

I am not neither a Lebron or Wade fan, but i'd give Bron the nod

I respect ur choice

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:06 PM
Darth Martin

I don't mind him stating ways Boston can win because that is his job as an anylist(he's a horrible one at that), but like you said, he'll predict against them and when the Lakers win he acts as if he was backing them all along.

I too am not a fan of either James or Wade. But you did have Wade above LeBron.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:12 PM
Mindset

Magic Johnson's opinion doesn't count. He's a bandwagon type guy, always changing his opinion and contradicting what he previously said.

Bird and Jordan are legit though and have consistantly gone with Kobe. I'm sure Olajuwon thinks the same. Wonder what Russell would have to say on the matter.

Wade isn't better than LeBron.
He beat aids.

His opinion > yours.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:43 PM
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

Originally posted by guy222
Kobe
Wade
Lebron

IMHO

All the talk Lakers have better talent. Well, Cleveland should've surrounded Lebron with talent. They had a broken down Shaq, Big Z and lil Antwan. Nobody talks about they had the best record for two years. Its simply, poor Lebron. He's better than Kobe because of lesser talent. laughing out loud

I wouldn't put much stock in the Cavs having the best record and losing in the playoffs. The championship experienced teams tend to just coast through the regular season before turning it on for the playoffs. The Spurs use to do this all the time and the Lakers and Celtics did it this season. I mean the Celtics were playing .500 ball for the last part of the season.

I think Lebron is better than Kobe and I gave my reasoning on my last few posts. Though Kevin Durant is quickly moving up the ranks and he'd be one to watch for.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:49 PM
guy222
With my gal

I have read the posts and like i said for my fellow Laker buddy. His opinion is respected and urs is also

Durant is a talent

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:58 PM