KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hankshaw w/rings, Zoom, Despero vs Thor,Silver Surfer, Thanos

Hankshaw w/rings, Zoom, Despero vs Thor,Silver Surfer, Thanos
Started by: The Great Galen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
An early weakened Thanos was defeated after he already killed him. His ghost showed up and surprised him and beat him. Thats all. He has gotten a lot more powerful since then friend. cool

And that is exactly why I used this as an example. Early versions of both our characters have been beaten. However, Thanos lost to someone and something far less powerful than a full powered OE and Superman early in his career.

traded blows with Thor and he realized he had the power gem and that physical force couldnt beat him so when he tired of it he got his gun and ended Thor with oneshot. Happy Dance

This is something that Borg could have done on the fly. It's still an unfinished battle with an outside weapon getting the true victory.

know Ds cheapshotted him but for him to oneshotted that easily its well a low showing imo.

Yep..he was cheapshotted by a full powered version of one of comics most powerful attacks and while fighting one of it's most powerful heroes simultaneously. More of a high showing.

never compared Thanos bout with Thor and the Thing to Cyborg beating his team....I compared Thanos taking on Thor who beat the shit of a much more powerful team to that. Happy Dance

Thanos never went the whole event (as usual) and had to have a weapon to do his dirty work. It's like when Richards used the ultimate nullifier on Abraxas.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Last edited by Avlon on Mar 10th, 2008 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 02:12 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Avlon
And that is exactly why I used this as an example. Early versions of both our characters have been beaten. However, Thanos lost to someone and something far less powerful than a full powered OE and Superman early in his career.

This is something that Borg could have done on the fly. It's still an unfinished battle with an outside weapon getting the true victory.

Yep..he was cheapshotted by a full powered version of one of comics most powerful attacks and while fighting one of it's most powerful heroes simultaneously. More of a high showing.

Thanos never went the whole event (as usual) and had to have a weapon to do his dirty work. It's like when Richards used the ultimate nullifier on Abraxas.
Thanos lost to a ghost.... erm

Thanos has been upgraded since his first death but has Cyborg been upgraded and if anything he was merged with Apokoliptian tech which should have made him better. wink

The omega effect has fizzled out and isnt all that it used to be until further notice.

Again I explained to you that Thanos couldnt beat him physically due to Thors power gem so Thanos would have been stupi dto try to finish him off that way. He took his blows and ended it when he wanted to. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 03:19 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

An early weakened Thanos was defeated after he already killed him. His ghost showed up and surprised him and beat him. Thats all. He has gotten a lot more powerful since then friend. cool

Thanos traded blows with Thor and he realized he had the power gem and that physical force couldnt beat him so when he tired of it he got his gun and ended Thor with oneshot. Happy Dance

I know Ds cheapshotted him but for him to oneshotted that easily its well a low showing imo.

I never compared Thanos bout with Thor and the Thing to Cyborg beating his team....I compared Thanos taking on Thor who beat the shit of a much more powerful team to that. Happy Dance

You're doing it again. You're downgrading Darkseid by saying his taking Cyborg is a low showing for Henshaw. When in reality, he's owned alot of people with the OE, some of them even tougher than Henshaw.

Oh look Thanos had to run away. stick out tongue Pity he doesn't have a point to point teleport, or superspeed, or high level matter transmute, or the ability to control souls or absorb energy. Wow, amazingly enough, those are part of Darkseid's powerset. eek!

Frankly, the IW jobbed. Dr. Strange alone should have taken out Thor, as should Warlock. That, is Starlin doing his bad writing. big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 03:46 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You're doing it again. You're downgrading Darkseid by saying his taking Cyborg is a low showing for Henshaw. When in reality, he's owned alot of people with the OE, some of them even tougher than Henshaw.

Oh look Thanos had to run away. stick out tongue Pity he doesn't have a point to point teleport, or superspeed, or high level matter transmute, or the ability to control souls or absorb energy. Wow, amazingly enough, those are part of Darkseid's powerset. eek!

Frankly, the IW jobbed. Dr. Strange alone should have taken out Thor, as should Warlock. That, is Starlin doing his bad writing. big grin
Henshaw merged with Apokoliptian technology. So him being oneshotted when he merged with the best technology out there makes him look bad. If this was back in the day and he was omegad Id understand but the omega as I said has lost its sizzle over the years.

Jobbed,lost whatever if it doesnt fit your outcome you exucse it with jobbing. The point is Thanos didnt job to Thor while all the rest did job/lose.

Dr Strange recently lost to WW Hulk so now everytime he loses basically if you disagree the writer is insane,huh?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 03:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Thanos lost to a ghost.... erm

Thanos has been upgraded since his first death but has Cyborg been upgraded and if anything he was merged with Apokoliptian tech which should have made him better. wink

The omega effect has fizzled out and isnt all that it used to be until further notice.

Again I explained to you that Thanos couldnt beat him physically due to Thors power gem so Thanos would have been stupi dto try to finish him off that way. He took his blows and ended it when he wanted to. stick out tongue

Yes...Thanos lost to a ghost and a matter manip spell.
Henshaw lost to a blindside OE that hasn't lost potency (at least not at that time.) and was at full power due to a motherbox while fighting Superman.

I get that you hate DS. I too prefer Thanos over DS...it doesn't mean that I artificially upgrade or downgrade either one of them just to try and degrade another character.

Strangely enough when Thanos had the power gem...Thor ko'd Thanos briefly.... and he didn't need a gun to do it...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 03:07 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yes...Thanos lost to a ghost and a matter manip spell.
Henshaw lost to a blindside OE that hasn't lost potency (at least not at that time.) and was at full power due to a motherbox while fighting Superman.

I get that you hate DS. I too prefer Thanos over DS...it doesn't mean that I artificially upgrade or downgrade either one of them just to try and degrade another character.

Strangely enough when Thanos had the power gem...Thor ko'd Thanos briefly.... and he didn't need a gun to do it...

Thanos lost to a ghost and I will take that. The ghost came back and just starteld him and ended him. Thanos is the one who turned him into a ghost and Order and Chaos were involved I believe, lots of powerful forces allied to stop Thanos. Nothing new here.

Uhm I dont lie about which characters I like or dislike. I like Ds but hate Superman. Why would I lie.

Yes he was oneshotted but merged with new gods tech which is awesome...so shame on him.

The battle on ig was after he lowered hisgodlike senses and it was all for dramatic effect...Thanos won in the end.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 06:21 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Thanos lost to a ghost and I will take that. The ghost came back and just starteld him and ended him. Thanos is the one who turned him into a ghost and Order and Chaos were involved I believe, lots of powerful forces allied to stop Thanos. Nothing new here.

Thanos did lose to a ghost and a spell. If there is shame to losing to a blindside from a fully powered OE..then it's even more shameful to lose to a spell from a dead man.

he was oneshotted but merged with new gods tech which is awesome...so shame on him.

It's no different than being merged with the awesome power of godhood and mastery over all and still managing to lose.

battle on ig was after he lowered hisgodlike senses and it was all for dramatic effect...Thanos won in the end.

He still had all his powers...and at the very least the power gem activated. Thor did manage to put him down briefly. Thor actually did better vs Power gem Thanos than the other way around. Too bad Doom got in the way.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 07:48 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos did lose to a ghost and a spell. If there is shame to losing to a blindside from a fully powered OE..then it's even more shameful to lose to a spell from a dead man.

It's no different than being merged with the awesome power of godhood and mastery over all and still managing to lose.

He still had all his powers...and at the very least the power gem activated. Thor did manage to put him down briefly. Thor actually did better vs Power gem Thanos than the other way around. Too bad Doom got in the way.
First of f Cyborg should have been able to dismantle Superman especially since he was merged with new gods tech. He had more than enough time and it cost him.

Thanos had the abstracts Chaos and Order on his ass and Warlocks ghost caught him by surprise. Thanos had killed Warlock earlier so of course he was shocked as his ghost came back for him.

Thanos had Thor knocked through the floor one on one while Thor attacked with a team of heroes and had him on the ground for a second while Thanos had him beneath the ground by himself. If it had been just Thor and if Thanos hadnt lowered his senses then maybe youd have a point. Did you miss all the other heroes knocking him offguard while he lowered his powers. wink

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 08:47 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

First of f Cyborg should have been able to dismantle Superman especially since he was merged with new gods tech. He had more than enough time and it cost him.

Borg was doing just fine against Superman...who was amped at the time by both the Eradicators upgrade and the motherbox he had used recently...

So it's ok when Thanos gets caught by surprise, but not when it happens to borg or any other characters... let's look at your next response...

had the abstracts Chaos and Order on his ass and Warlocks ghost caught him by surprise. Thanos had killed Warlock earlier so of course he was shocked as his ghost came back for him.

And Thanos died to a much simpler attack from someone far weaker than DS. We went over this already.

had Thor knocked through the floor one on one while Thor attacked with a team of heroes and had him on the ground for a second while Thanos had him beneath the ground by himself. If it had been just Thor and if Thanos hadnt lowered his senses then maybe youd have a point. Did you miss all the other heroes knocking him offguard while he lowered his powers. wink

Like in your first response... Thanos should have been able to dismantle Thor and anyone else easily...but he didn't. Thor still Ko'd him briefly even with gauntlet. Thus...Thor did better than Thanos with the same power up.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 09:05 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Borg was doing just fine against Superman...who was amped at the time by both the Eradicators upgrade and the motherbox he had used recently...

So it's ok when Thanos gets caught by surprise, but not when it happens to borg or any other characters... let's look at your next response...

And Thanos died to a much simpler attack from someone far weaker than DS. We went over this already.

Like in your first response... Thanos should have been able to dismantle Thor and anyone else easily...but he didn't. Thor still Ko'd him briefly even with gauntlet. Thus...Thor did better than Thanos with the same power up.
Borg should have crushed Superman with his upgrade. Also this was when Supes wasnt as powerful as he had become years later.

Thanos was beaten by a ghost which is completely different to the Borg being beaten by Seid. He knew Seid was there and ignored him. He got what he deserved for his lack of attention to both Supes and Seid. We also dont know how powerful Warlocks ghost was compared to his physical form because as I said Thanos killed him.

Thor had major help and had him on the ground. If he was truly ko'd they would have taken the gauntlet. Again he lowered his senses to give the heroes a chance. Why do you ignore that part?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 09:16 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Borg should have crushed Superman with his upgrade. Also this was when Supes wasnt as powerful as he had become years later.

And Thanos should have crushed Thor with his...and Thor should have crushed Thanos when he had his upgrade.

Oh well. Too bad comics rarely make things that easy.

was beaten by a ghost which is completely different to the Borg being beaten by Seid. He knew Seid was there and ignored him. He got what he deserved for his lack of attention to both Supes and Seid. We also dont know how powerful Warlocks ghost was compared to his physical form because as I said Thanos killed him.

This is just ridiculous. When did Borg know that seid was there as he fought Supes? How does that make Warlocks ghost more powerful? How does this make a low showing for Henshaw?

Crap like this is why the mod's are keeping an eye on you. Seriously...that whole part of the post was just terrible.

had major help and had him on the ground. If he was truly ko'd they would have taken the gauntlet. Again he lowered his senses to give the heroes a chance. Why do you ignore that part?

Nothing has been ignored...Thanos turned off his omniscience... a blow from Mjolnir ko'd him briefly even while possessing the rest of the gauntlet's power.

Like in your first post...shame on Thanos for knowing Thor was there and ignoring him.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 09:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

And Thanos should have crushed Thor with his...and Thor should have crushed Thanos when he had his upgrade.

Oh well. Too bad comics rarely make things that easy.

This is just ridiculous. When did Borg know that seid was there as he fought Supes? How does that make Warlocks ghost more powerful? How does this make a low showing for Henshaw?

Crap like this is why the mod's are keeping an eye on you. Seriously...that whole part of the post was just terrible.

Nothing has been ignored...Thanos turned off his omniscience... a blow from Mjolnir ko'd him briefly even while possessing the rest of the gauntlet's power.

Like in your first post...shame on Thanos for knowing Thor was there and ignoring him.
Thanos took on heroes in packs and it wasnt as if he fought Thor one on one as Thanos did when he had the power gem. The thing in common with both fights is that Thanos was the victor in both friend. wink

Borg was shot right off the bat by the oe but he was spared because Darkseid had not fully recovered so he knew he was there and he was on his planet so him being unaware of Darkseid is plain ridiculous.

You continue to ignore facts so in response to my post you bring up the mods.

Thanos was shocked by Warlocks ghost because he was dead and returned from the grave to stop him.

Thanos was on the ground after a blow from his hammer and he then responded by killing Thor. While we have Cyborg getting beaten by one shit and being at Darkseid's mercy while Thanos always seems to get out of situations on his own. wink

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 09:54 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watching Quanchi and Avlon debate is much like watching a man with a stick try to stop a tank.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:24 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by llagrok
Watching Quanchi and Avlon debate is much like watching a man with a stick try to stop a tank.
Sigh.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:25 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Thanos took on heroes in packs and it wasnt as if he fought Thor one on one as Thanos did when he had the power gem. The thing in common with both fights is that Thanos was the victor in both friend. wink

Actually, a gun was a victor in one battle...and in the other one..Thor scored a KO.

was shot right off the bat by the oe but he was spared because Darkseid had not fully recovered so he knew he was there and he was on his planet so him being unaware of Darkseid is plain ridiculous.

Back to an older post... Thanos knew Thor was there and still was Ko'd. Thanos knew Warlock was there (and was quite scared from the look of it) and lost.

continue to ignore facts so in response to my post you bring up the mods.

The only one ignoring facts is you amigo. I was simply pointing out an observation.

was shocked by Warlocks ghost because he was dead and returned from the grave to stop him.

And then he lost. Just like with Drax. Thanos doesn't seem to handle surprise well. Must be why he needs so much prep all the time and an escape plan.

was on the ground after a blow from his hammer and he then responded by killing Thor. While we have Cyborg getting beaten by one shit and being at Darkseid's mercy while Thanos always seems to get out of situations on his own. wink

I never said he didn't kill Thor later... point still stands though...Thor scored a brief KO on Thanos and Doom's interference kept the gauntlet in Thanos hands.

Thanos needed to go get an outside weapon. Weapon > Power gem. Not good.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Actually, a gun was a victor in one battle...and in the other one..Thor scored a KO.

Back to an older post... Thanos knew Thor was there and still was Ko'd. Thanos knew Warlock was there (and was quite scared from the look of it) and lost.

The only one ignoring facts is you amigo. I was simply pointing out an observation.

And then he lost. Just like with Drax. Thanos doesn't seem to handle surprise well. Must be why he needs so much prep all the time and an escape plan.

I never said he didn't kill Thor later... point still stands though...Thor scored a brief KO on Thanos and Doom's interference kept the gauntlet in Thanos hands.

Thanos needed to go get an outside weapon. Weapon > Power gem. Not good.
Actually in one battle Thanos was fine and grabbed a gun to end the battle as Thor had the power gem. Thanos took a beating and just had a bloody nose showing off his insane durability.

Thanos was on the ground momentarily and wasnt ko'd. If he was Doom would have gotten the ig. Thanos defeated Thor and killed him in ig. Answer me this did Thor have tons of help during this fight or was it one on one? wink

Thanos was trying to free Galactus and Drax's powers had recently changed with his resurrection. So Thanos turning his back to Drax and him killing him was well a cheapshot and one due to the fact that Thanos was trying to erase the damage he had done by aiding the mad Annihilus.

Again in closing if you temporarily stun someone but the other guy wins the fight then it wasnt a knockout. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:36 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Actually in one battle Thanos was fine and grabbed a gun to end the battle as Thor had the power gem. Thanos took a beating and just had a bloody nose showing off his insane durability.

So again..to the point...the gun won the battle. Not Thanos.

was on the ground momentarily and wasnt ko'd. If he was Doom would have gotten the ig. Thanos defeated Thor and killed him in ig. Answer me this did Thor have tons of help during this fight or was it one on one? wink

Thanos was trying to free Galactus and Drax's powers had recently changed with his resurrection. So Thanos turning his back to Drax and him killing him was well a cheapshot and one due to the fact that Thanos was trying to erase the damage he had done by aiding the mad Annihilus.

Again in closing if you temporarily stun someone but the other guy wins the fight then it wasnt a knockout. stick out tongue

So again you are saying that it's ok for Thanos (by your example) to be blindsided and yet..it's a low showing if it happens to other characters?

Superman and the OE and full power > Ghost and stone spell.
Henshaw was blindsided..... Thanos saw it coming.

Team 1 ftw.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:43 PM
quanchi112
Disney

So again you are saying that it's ok for Thanos (by your example) to be blindsided and yet..it's a low showing if it happens to other characters?

Team 1 ftw.

Team 1 ftw.
Thanos took what punishment Thor dished out. Yes he took out his tech and won the battle. Its funny because when you talk about the Borg its ok if he uses tech or merges with new gods tech but if Thanos made the friggin thing it taints the victory.

Thanos already killed Warlock. Id the Borg had already killed someone I could see it but if someones ghost comes back I am sure they are going to be a little surprised. That again was Thanos at his weakest. Thanos became much more powerful so that isnt relevant to the Thanos that we last saw.

Again you ignored my question about if Thor had help or not when he took on Thanos.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:49 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos' tech isn't a part of him and he doesn't create it on the fly.

Learn to differ.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:52 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by llagrok
Thanos' tech isn't a part of him and he doesn't create it on the fly.

Learn to differ.
Ok.....but his tech is always on him and he always uses it. Thors hammer isnt a part of him and he didnt even create it but he gets it in every fight. So it would seem that Thor doesnt fight your own criteria of what can be applied here. Thanos added the gun's blast to his own personal tech and tried it on Odin. Thanos always uses his personal tech friend. wink

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:59 PM