KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Goober. Damned close though. If Typhus had chosen someone stronger than Terrax I think he could have had this in the bag.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 10:02 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

So now it's...

Goober
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Air Legend(vote's worth 3)
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos

Typhus
King Kandy

On hold
Starscream M

Awaiting Typhus/Undecided
Bentley
psycho gundam(vote's worth 3)
Loot-Supervoter(vote's worth 3)

...correct?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 10:18 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

alright, i waited long enough. voting for typhus

(please log in to view the image)

nothing against goober's debate skills or anything, but morg is the x factor to me. terrax is SA first target which is a grave error(see above scans). i know he went over this a lot but beating the surfer is a dream come true for all of typhus's team, especially morg and a blind eye towards him for a split second is not advisable.

the suit that SA is outfitted in has high durability, but the onslaught that will be directed at SA will compromise it at least. and i don't believe terrax would go down THAT fast.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 10:24 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
alright, i waited long enough. voting for typhus

nothing against goober's debate skills or anything, but morg is the x factor to me. terrax is SA first target which is a grave error(see above scans). i know he went over this a lot but beating the surfer is a dream come true for all of typhus's team, especially morg and a blind eye towards him for a split second is not advisable.

the suit that SA is outfitted in has high durability, but the onslaught that will be directed at SA will compromise it at least. and i don't believe terrax would go down THAT fast.

I'm not trying to criticize or sway your vote, but you do realize that the Silver Surfer's not in this match right? My character might start off his prep period looking like him but once he starts taking on other characters powers his appearance is going to change radically and none of the opposing team has any knowledge of my character(so none of them are really "gunning" for him).

I know it doesn't make that much of a difference(nor do I expect it to), I just thought I'd point that out.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 10:35 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

to be fair, his team has as much pre-fight knowledge as your's did.

typhus didn't know of the spacial-bomb in his first post but in his 15 minutes of prep, a rudimentary rift created by either red shift or stardust
could protect the team.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 10:48 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by psycho gundam
to be fair, his team has as much pre-fight knowledge as your's did.

typhus didn't know of the spacial-bomb in his first post but in his 15 minutes of prep, a rudimentary rift created by either red shift or stardust
could protect the team.

Ah see that I do kinda take issue with. Without buying the "spy on opponents" extra there's NO way anyone on his team would know anything about the blast until it went off in the opening second of the match so there's no way he'd have a defense against it unless he's able to raise the defense after it goes off.

I know that you're basing your vote on the match overall rather than any of these individual points we're discussing now(and that's fine) so again I'm not trying to change your vote. I'm just making sure that no one who's mind isn't already made up is swayed by a point that goes against the tourney rules(so don't think I'm attacking or picking on you for your vote) smile .

Last edited by darthgoober on May 14th, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:04 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

yeah i don't want that to happen also.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:07 PM
Loot

Since i want to vote before this is over, and i´m in a different time zone, i will vote now:

I´m voting Darthbooger.

But it´s a tough call, because Typhus team work is very dangerous. I choose Darthbooger, because of his debate, and because Silver adaptoid has absorbed many powers along the tournament, and a guy with the silver surfer power and the nega bands (and more i know) is a pretty powerful being. His only weakness he´s the mind, but i´m also thinking he will bring all the power that surfer has, still it´s a tough call.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:09 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

this thread is pretty much a done deal now, i think it's time for evengel to give my main man his props. Happy Dance

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:15 PM
Starscream M

just side commentary: I thought this was a fun battle to read, it's a lot less complex than some of the battles since both arguments are pretty straightforward. One point that Goober really succeeded in imo was taking the offensive to Typhus, it really put Typhus on the defensive having to counter Goober's points.

I guess my vote won't count until Typhus posts his final point...so I'll wait and see if he can bring a gamechanger.

Good fight to both guys!

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:16 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Indeed excelente fight, congrat to boths

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:18 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

This was a good match, but there were a couple of tactical blunders which kind of sealed this up for me. Typhus stated the direct approach in his initial attack post and Goober caught him at a disadvantage by using the spatial energy release at the onset of battle. Typhus then claims that Red Shift would re-direct the attack, but we're talking about an omnidirectional energy wave, and also he overlooks the fact that he stated himself that Stardust was taking point and Red Shift would be opening a portal to an asteroid field[. From that point it's come down to Typhus trying to cast doubt on whether Adaptoid would know to use Surfer's powers to create the wave because Adaptoid isn't a creative thinking character, however, Goober's spatial wave attack is simply a diversionary tactic, and he's provided scans to substantiate that Adaptoid will and has used such tactics himself, even taking CIS into consideration, and also given the fact that Typhus moved to defend against the attack by diverting Red Shift's efforts to a defensive posture. The Spatial Wave is not a very exotic attack, it's simply a diversion, just like the trick arrow. Perfectly feasible in my estimation. From that point it comes down to whether Adaptoid would use the sword of Light, a vibranium shield, and Surfer's FTL speed to dispatch and/or obtain the powers of Terrax and Stardust before Red Shift and Morg can bring themselves to bear in the fight. The numbers advantage is countered by speed and better tactics, and from what I've seen of Typhus's evidence there's no feats that he has provided that would lead me to believe he could cope with that speed advantage and overwhelm the Silver Adaptoid, let alone that Terrax would be able to before Adaptoid takes his powers, upgrades himself, and moves on to the next step, all in fractions of seconds.

After taking everything into consideration, I have to give my vote to Goober. Typhus put up a valiant effort, but he relied too much on his numbers advantage out the gate, got out maneuvered, and provided nothing that would lead me to believe he could make up the ground, and also did absolutely nothing with the 15 minutes of prep he had going into the match to prepare for what could be coming.

vote: Goober

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:41 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Hope I still have time to vote. Been busy, and I'm just now going to give this match a look over...

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:57 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Thanks for the support everybody, it makes me feel special that there was this kind of turnout for judging and such(I honestly thought that interest had wained too much to get more than a few voters).

And Typhus, nice match. You did a really good job and you actually made me spend more time in front of the computer than in any of my other matches(even Digi's) just to find counter's for your arguments. As several have pointed out this thing could have gone either way so I'm looking forward to the challenge of facing you again sometime in the future.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 01:23 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I'll agree with that darth. Typhus did an excellent job.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:13 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Question Question to everyone here....

Let me just ask here, is everyone votes (supervoters especially) pretty much final at this point? It seems everyone cast their vote already, but is there anyone still waiting on Typhus to say anything? I noticed Typhus didn't get his last statement in before the wave of final voters came in. As I understand it, Darthgoober and Typhus live in different time zones. One posts during the day, while the other posts mostly at night.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on May 15th, 2008 at 02:50 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:39 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Darthgoober:
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Air Legend(vote's worth 3)
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
Loot-Supervoter(vote's worth 3)

Typhus
psycho gundam(vote's worth 3)
King Kandy

Awaiting Typhus/Undecided/On-Hold/etc
Bentley
Starscream M

Is there anyone else that intends on voting? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on May 15th, 2008 at 02:54 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:52 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

howmany votes is my vote worth?

Old Post May 15th, 2008 03:01 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Starscream M
howmany votes is my vote worth?

Sorry, but just one.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Old Post May 15th, 2008 03:08 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Evangel94
Sorry, but just one.

-Evangel94
no prob

Old Post May 15th, 2008 03:08 AM