KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)

Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)
Started by: jinzin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Some great showings for Wolverine this week.

Wolverine First Class 08: Wolverine vs. Russian Super-soldiers (Vanguard, Darkstar, Crimson Dynamo and Ursa Major)

Wolverine goes into a full on berserker rage after seeing the seemingly dead body of Kitty Pride and takes it to the Soviet Super-soldiers. A great showing of durability, skill, agility and a colossal showing of strength (he over powers Ursa Major and just look at that punch he landed on Vanguard!)... hell its pretty much a great showing for Wolverine across the board. Also further proof that berserker Wolverine is capable of a sound strategic planing.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Oct 30th, 2008 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 05:26 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine Origins 29: Wolverine vs. The Hellfire Club

Wolverine takes on the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club. Nice showing of skill, durability and even some minor prep. Wolverine goes down briefly at the end put impressive none the less.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 05:51 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine Origins 29:: Wolverine vs. some of Shaw's soldiers

And another showing from Origins 29. A nice display of speed on Wolverine's part and we get to see him use some guns!

X-Force v3 08: Stealth

A nice display of Wolverine's stealth skills. He hides in the shadows of one of the Vanisher's safe houses.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Oct 30th, 2008 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 05:52 PM
-K-M-

Good stuff, not a fan of the reveal Wolverine was originally going to kill Xavier and it seems Xavier is the reason he didn't remember anything of his past way back when.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 01:59 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Good stuff, not a fan of the reveal Wolverine was originally going to kill Xavier and it seems Xavier is the reason he didn't remember anything of his past way back when.

Its the only thing I liked so far to come out of Origins... mostly because it was one of the many Wolverine story ideas that I've thought up myself. It makes sense if you think about it and its a good way to rationalize why a black opts super secret agent started wearing yellow spandex.

And I understood to read that Prof. X pretty much switch flipped what Wolverine could remember and what he couldn't.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Oct 31st, 2008 at 02:05 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 02:03 AM
-K-M-

They didn't reveal why he was sent to kill him yet did it?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 02:58 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Not as far as I know. Probably because Prof X is a Mutants write activist. /shrug

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 03:15 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 03:19 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine - Saudade: Wolverine vs. Kuhrra Daizonest

Wolverine throws down with Kuhrra Daizonest, a mutant healer with telepathic abilities and considerable combat skills. A brutal fight and certainly interesting to see how Kuhrra uses his healing abilities offensively.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 03:30 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine - Chop Shop: Part 1

Wolverine gets all his organs harvested and his body dumped in the river... then he goes on a killing spree. Wolverine showcases his considerable speed and some stealth abilities.

Continued in next post...

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Nov 6th, 2008 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 05:29 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine - Chop Shop: Part 2

Wolverine gets all his organs harvested and his body dumped in the river... then he goes on a killing spree. Wolverine showcases his considerable speed and some stealth abilities.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 05:31 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Is that Original Sin story worth checking out, such as also getting all the issue tie-ins ?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 01:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

This look like a well written comic but too bad the art sucks though. How the Hell do some of these guys work for top comic book companies? damn shame...I see some KMC members that have better talent than these guys.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Nov 6th, 2008 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 01:42 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I loved the art in chop shop... although using an orange wash to represent a snow / rain storm in the night seemed like an odd choice.

There is some stuff from Weapon X: First Class I want to get up, but for some reason my scanner won't scan files onto my computer, it just prints copies of them instead. So I'll have to wait until one of the scanlation groups get on it.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 10:57 PM
roleplay

Nice thread.

Keep up the nice scans.

I'm a member of Roleplay Adventures.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 12:21 AM
roleplay is currently offline Click here to Send roleplay a Private Message Find more posts by roleplay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Great work! Can't believe how many scans there are and how much info about the character...

Wanna add something myself big grin

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

It's from "Old Man Logan". Amazing art.

Plus cover of the upcoming issue:

(please log in to view the image)

Apparently Wolverine is able to exert enough pressure to damage carbonadium.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 12:59 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

X-Force v3 #9

Take a look at bottom right panel. Really impressive how sharp these claws are.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 01:12 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wolverine - Manifest Destiny #1

Wolverine indeed does have superhuman reflexes...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:04 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:40 AM
namorsubby

nice thread.

what's the record concerning wolverine vs sabertooth?

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 01:03 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote