KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator 4: Salvation

Terminator 4: Salvation
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barand1

New Flash Poster for Terminator Salvation:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50815

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 10:42 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

It was bloody awesome. Enough references to the past films that only the fans would get, and enough action to draw in new audiences. Absolutely fantastic.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on May 21st, 2009 at 06:46 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2009 06:40 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Things arent looking very good for this.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

Old Post May 21st, 2009 10:48 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Things arent looking very good for this.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

yeah, but I really don't care.. I will see this on saturday and judge for myself.

I fully suspect that this will make anywhere from $60 to $90 million over friday thru sunday and possibly monday.. I also expect this to make anywhere from $ 400 to $700 million worldwide when all is said and done

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 03:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This movie was alright. I just got back from seeing it and I can safely say that it's a fun action movie. The script/dialogue is really terrible at times; cringe-worthy even, but I found the acting to be good enough to carry the scenes with poor dialogue. This movie felt a little strange, as though certain things were cut out, which'd make sense since it had to get a PG-13 rating. The film certainly doesn't feel like a "Terminator" film (like T/T2 or even T3), but it had a distinct visual style/look, which I appreciated. They added a bunch of new Skynet robots for this installment, and in doing so, I kind of missed the good 'ole T-800 versus man action. For a human vs. Skynet war, I found there to be a lack of larger scale battle, which I hoped for. As for music, they use the "dun dun dun dun dun" classic Terminator theme a couple times, but only briefly; I would've appreciated more of that kind of score. Arnold's "cameo" was cool.

So, all in all, those are my scattered thoughts on the film. I give it a 6.5/10. It's no Terminator or Terminator 2, but it leaves potential for well... more potential in a sequel. The shoddy script/story and lack of depth make this film a decent action movie, but not a lot more.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 08:37 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Thanks for sharing your thoughts smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 09:49 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I'll be checking it out today big grin

TGFwashere

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 06:02 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

The movies problem is that its in the unfortunate position of needing to be better than T3 in order to continue the series and then at the same time having to live up to the legacy of T2. Its a good action movie, something that you won't walk away disappointed in, but its not...Terminator, which I don't mind, but hard core fans might not be too enthusiastic about. Like mentioned, the script leaves a bit to be desired, and quite honestly, Christian Bale needs to calm down and take a breath or else his career might go the way of Tom Cruise with his mistaken of intensity with acting. Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington carry the movie, and I look forward to seeing how the series proceeds and builds off of this installment in the future.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 06:56 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Movie is alright. Nothing particularly noteworthy about it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 07:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Saw the film last night. i liked it.

To me it was the 3rd best "Terminator" movie followed by T2 @ #1 and T1 @ #2.

I liked the story but i wanted more. Like i wanted the movie to phisically/visually incorporate time travel in the story in some way. And not just mention it.

And I wanted to see Kyle and John interact more as odd as their relationship is. For example, out of many examples i'd like to see, who'd respect who more really. Imagine taking orders from your son, a commander whom is almost twice your age.

The visual effects were great but i expected something a bit more along the lines of the hardcore Skynet war i saw at the beginning of "T2". Like something full scale rather than the many small skirmishes seen in "Salvation". CGI Ahnold was impressive but one could still tell it was computer animated. More smoke or steam should've been used or something.

I thought the "I'll be back" was chessy but then i thought the T-800 from T@ got that from Jonn since John was the one who programmed it and sent it back.

John's facial scaring just brought me back to "T1" where that films' future John Conner, the resistance leader, had the same exact scar on his face after you saw it after he put his binoculars down.

I loved the mechanical sounds that huge Terminator robot was making at that rebel, gas station, bunker, place it brutally infiltrated. It just sounded so loud and so factory like and ominous and cold.

I think there may be a sequel. Maybe where Reese gets sent back and then the sequel after that will be when Skynet is finally defeated and wiped off the map forever either by a rebellion victory or by somehow outsmarting the machines time-wise and obliterate the idea of Skynet somehow even before the company even happens.

8/10

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 07:42 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

While everyone's killing Bale on this film. I thought he was great!

The ending is the best part especially when Arnold shows up. We've never seen a T-800 endoskeleton move like that. Awsome.

8/10.

Better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine but not better than Star Trek.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 09:53 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Just saw this movie and, not being a big fan of Terminator, I liked it alot. This makes me want to go back and watch Terminator 1 and 2 again. Christian Bale was OK in this but he was really the 3rd best in the movie. Sam Worthington as Marcus stole the movie and "Chekov" as Reese was also really good.

7+/10 Better than Wolverine, but not better than Star Trek

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 24th, 2009 05:54 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I liked this film a whole lot.. the story was good and everyone was well casted.. second best film i jave seen this month 9.7/10

bring on Terminator 5

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 24th, 2009 08:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Just saw it, thought it was great, a good addition to the series, it was better than 3, and i enjoyed that one.Love the end that pays homage to the orginal and T2 (that's all i'm going to say cause i don't want to spoil it.) It does suffer from they typical terminator flaws( but if skynet did what they should then there wouldn't be a movie.)

Old Post May 24th, 2009 10:26 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Can't see this being a patch on Camerons work. I will see it anyway and keep an open mind, I just don't think anything can match the purity and ruthlessness of the perfect original.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 11:15 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I liked the movie. If each Terminator movie was viewed completely separately, T4 is the worst one, being barely behind part 3. However, I found it more interesting than T3 because T3 just seemed like a poor man's T2, while this was something new and different in the saga. Overall, I give it a 7/10 (for comparison sake- T1=8.5, T2=9, T3=7)

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 01:42 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
If each Terminator movie was viewed completely separately, T4 is the worst one, being barely behind part 3. However, I found it more interesting than T3 because T3 just seemed like a poor man's T2, while this was something new and different in the saga.
Agreed. Salvation has to be viewed as a part of the series, not a stand alone movie. If one is willing to do that, then the movie will be that much more enjoyable for them.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 02:31 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Good movie.

It was fun to watch. Action scenes were awesome. Special effects were amazing (because they didn't seem to be all CGI looking) and the scene were Connor steals the bike was great......

The first half wasn't all that great, but once Connor started to become the character I thought he would turn out then it started to be fun.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 07:30 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I loved the scene where John opens the cell, the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:10 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat_Crabs
black iza stato mind!

I heard this movie blows.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 08:12 PM
Phat_Crabs is currently offline Click here to Send Phat_Crabs a Private Message Find more posts by Phat_Crabs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote