KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Robocop (2014)

Robocop (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Hall's the better actor, but Fassbender would be a good fit too.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Hall's the better actor, but Fassbender would be a good fit too.

I think it is hard to judge who is better because Hall doesn't necessarily have a wide range of characters that he has played. Pretty much he is really good in Dexter, but has not had enough variety in his career to show that he is good at other things. Fassbender has had multiple characters that he has played very very well.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:45 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I was reading something that this latest director thats on board he's going to do Robocop different, Its not going to be like Verhoevens movie

quote:
“I love the sharpness and political tone of [Verhoeven's] ‘RoboCop’, and I think that such a film is now urgently needed. But I will not repeat what Verhoeven has done so clearly and strongly. Instead I try to make a film that will address topics that Verhoeven [left] untreated. If you are a man [that] changes into a robot, how do you do that? What is the difference between [how] humans and robots [are] developed? What is free will? What does it mean to lose your free will? Those are the [interesting] issues that I think.”

http://screenrant.com/robocop-remak...h-sandy-133145/

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 02:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I might see a robocop 4 eventually. I never really cared for the series though tbh.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 02:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i was all about this untill Aronofsky left. Then i started thinking...,do we need another Robocop? I had no good answer.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 01:23 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Kazenji
I was reading something that this latest director thats on board he's going to do Robocop different, Its not going to be like Verhoevens movie

http://screenrant.com/robocop-remak...h-sandy-133145/

So it's going to be Robo-Philosopher-Cop?

I mean, Verhoeven dealt with the issues of that Detroit setting, but that was just to project the stresses and strains of each character and how they all felt and acted about life there. But delving into philosophical
meanings about the nature of Robocop feels a bit disappointing and it would just bring up the whole Murphy-can't-let-go-of-his-old-life issue that they dealt with in the background of 1&2. You really need a TV series to do that in depth and I was never interested in the one that that they did.

Plus, his look will be definitely altered and I don't think you can improve on the design of the original without straying into Iron Man territory, both looks and function-wise. The scenes with the jetpack in the third movie is essentially stop-motion Iron Man with a greyish-blue paintjob.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 02:23 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Myth
I think it is hard to judge who is better because Hall doesn't necessarily have a wide range of characters that he has played. Pretty much he is really good in Dexter, but has not had enough variety in his career to show that he is good at other things. Fassbender has had multiple characters that he has played very very well.

He played a power-bottom in Six Feet Under, which won him praise.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
So it's going to be Robo-Philosopher-Cop?

Maybe they'll have Robocop do a 'What Is Man' ala Mark Twain, but solo. Hopefully will shooting people.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 10:55 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I fear that hollywood's anus is twitching with expectant release.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 07:01 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I fear that hollywood's anus is twitching with expectant release.

I hear you, not expecting anything special out of this. But let a boy dream, will you.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 07:19 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well always have the original two-movie-trilogy.

(And to a lesser extent: 'Prime directives' mini series.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 05:53 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well always have the original two-movie-trilogy.

(And to a lesser extent: 'Prime directives' mini series.

More like just the first movie. Only one that works.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 06:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

2 whilst flawed had it's moments..... 3 was pretty much completely irredeemable.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:05 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Two was very gory but had good lines. I never got into the other ones.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 03:53 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Marshall
Rough Trade Minister

I'm glad that they've at least hired a good director for the job.

That's definitely a positive for starters.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 11:38 PM
Mr. Marshall is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Marshall a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Marshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

2 whilst flawed had it's moments..... 3 was pretty much completely irredeemable.

2 got me excited ahead of time, because they hired Frank Miller to write the script. But he got rewritten by Walon Green, and you can only see flashes of Miller's style in there. Better to read the comics series Robocop vs. The Terminator by Miller & Walt Simonson, to see what it could have been like.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 04:54 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by roughrider
2 got me excited ahead of time, because they hired Frank Miller to write the script. But he got rewritten by Walon Green, and you can only see flashes of Miller's style in there. Better to read the comics series Robocop vs. The Terminator by Miller & Walt Simonson, to see what it could have been like.

I guess you didn't read Frank Millers robocop then...that was the robocop 2 script that he wrote but cause it was never used it was made into a comic...least thats what I heard. It's a good read.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 05:40 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Marshall
Rough Trade Minister

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Two was very gory but had good lines.

My favorite quote.

[Robocop shoots at man with cigarette]

RoboCop: Thank you for not smoking.

laughing

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 12:20 AM
Mr. Marshall is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Marshall a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Marshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Mr. Marshall
I'm glad that they've at least hired a good director for the job.

That's definitely a positive for starters.

whos the director now?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 02:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I don't think 2 is flawed, it had some impressive moments and a different plot angle with the 'Nuke' drug dealing, but it also seamlessly moves along the purposes of OCP from the first film. I think the reasons that people may have a problem with it is the vicious kid gangster character being involved along with the drug dealing and the torture scene - I admit it is uncomfortable to watch but then so is Murphy being blown apart in the first one.

3 is over the top with the whole fascist/martial law thing, I mean, it feels like the whole country is being taken over and yet it's only mean't to be one city - Detroit. The villains aren't that impressive either since the 'old man' disappeared it lost the continuity it should have had - not to mention the absence of Peter Weller. It had some cool moments though I think, I liked the rebels, Robocops' new attaching weapons and the jetpack scene is also cool, the robot samurai's were a bit off the map but I find them funny in a good way.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 02:29 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote